Author Topic: Edwards goal that wasn't  (Read 3694 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Matthew Richardson declares video review system ‘flawed' (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 03:08:03 AM »
TV presenter Matthew Richardson declares video review system ‘flawed'

Henry Hanlon
    July 30, 2012

THE video review system is under fire again after three contentious decisions in Saturday night's game between Carlton and Richmond.

Former Richmond player-cum-TV presenter Matthew Richardson declared the system flawed.

An Eddie Betts soccered goal at the 27-minute mark of the first quarter, Shane Edwards's soccered attempt near the end of the second quarter and Brock McLean's banana shot midway through the third were reviewed.

While Betts's soccer was given a goal, the other two were deemed touched.

With the exception of the first goal, the video review provided no noticeable outcome: cameras were unable to detect any touches. Richardson told 3AW listeners yesterday: "It seems to me now that it's being used for things that I don't think it was brought in for, and the technology simply is not up to scratch to be reviewing slight nicks of a finger on a ball. It's not up to scratch, it never will be, so don't have it."

Alex Rance was involved in the final incident, claiming he touched Brock McLean's shot, and while he backed the umpires he admitted the system wasn't ideal.

"I think the umpires are imperfect like all of us are and I think the review system is a little bit imperfect as well," Rance said on Channel 7's Game Day.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/tv-presenter-matthew-richardson-declares-video-review-system-flawed/story-e6frf9jf-1226438120278

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Edwards goal that wasn't
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 11:44:37 PM »
Jeff Gieschen and It's Your Call host Wayne Schwass looked at the three reviews from Saturday night's Carlton-Richmond match, which involved Eddie Betts, Bryce Gibbs and Brock McLean.

"We are happy with what's trending," Gieschen said.

"In that game [Carlton versus Richmond], there were three and they were all close calls, all correct calls.

"Had we got any of those wrong, the result could have been different with a four-point ball game."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/143279/default.aspx

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 01:28:13 AM »
Jeff Gieschen and It's Your Call host Wayne Schwass looked at the three reviews from Saturday night's Carlton-Richmond match, which involved Eddie Betts, Bryce Gibbs and Brock McLean.

"In that game [Carlton versus Richmond], there were three and they were all close calls, all correct calls.

"Had we got any of those wrong, the result could have been different with a four-point ball game."

:gobdrop

Ox

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 02:16:22 AM »

IDGAF who's reading this.

i HATE THIS DOG WITH A PASSION AND WANT TO BEAT HIS HEAD IN AND MAKE HIM A QUADRIPLEGIC

but id go to jail

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 03:22:43 AM »
lol'd at 'but id go to jail'

;D

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 06:20:27 AM »
And I thought it would have been a community servicr
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 07:31:03 AM »

:gobdrop

x2

"Had we got it wrong, the result could have been different with a four-point ball game."

No kidding

Got a newsflash for you Giesch, your mob got it wrong. The video was inconclusive, which means you are supposed to go with the call of the on field umpires

But at least it had no impact on the game  :banghead

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 09:42:55 AM »
Keep up the good work Giesch you muppet.