Author Topic: Coburg ressies vs Sandringham - Elimination final  (Read 4026 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg ressies vs Sandringham - Elimination final
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2009, 10:06:46 PM »
i imagine that squad will be a pretty big one wp, so he'll need to be good...a smart approach to ND would be to take 7 or so selections there and leave 2-3 spots for PSD...invite a squad of 25 wannabees and battl;e it out with 2 or 3 praccy matches ...I'm sure allen may get an invite, although he didnt do too much at VFL senior I kept an eye on him in an abc game

I'm not talking about the ND or PSD bojangles17.

I am thinking solely a rookie possibility
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2009, 11:38:11 PM »
Well Gilligan lifted by the sounds of it and good on him, lets hope he has a good pre-season and is given a go next year. Putt IMHO will never come along, he should have shown something by now and he hasn't... goodbye and enjoy Hughes company. It's very unfortunate actually, I really believed Hughes was going to be something and likewise Putt, not to be though. :(
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Tigermonk

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 09:15:00 AM »
Hardwick was watching the game today. So he's still assessing the list you would gather from that.

yeah his watching who has just been finished up
Gilligan & Putt chop chop
Gilligan? Youre kidding me right? Give him another year, hes been improving each week! He's only rookie listed too!

Must be some kind of Rookie playing most of the year at Coburg Reserves  :rollin  give me a break.
VFL reserve is very weak standard  :shh

Tigermonk

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 09:17:04 AM »
Well Gilligan lifted by the sounds of it and good on him, lets hope he has a good pre-season and is given a go next year. Putt IMHO will never come along, he should have shown something by now and he hasn't... goodbye and enjoy Hughes company. It's very unfortunate actually, I really believed Hughes was going to be something and likewise Putt, not to be though. :(

Hughes is carrying injuries to his back & legs & he shouldnot be even playing

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 09:21:03 AM »
Hardwick was watching the game today. So he's still assessing the list you would gather from that.

Gilligan? Youre kidding me right? Give him another year, hes been improving each week! He's only rookie listed too!

Must be some kind of Rookie playing most of the year at Coburg Reserves  :rollin  give me a break.

Facts are that we must play some richmond players in the ressies! Also some players mature less quickly than others. Its is also very difficult to cut a player who has shown improvement when plenty of others have not!

Tigermonk

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2009, 09:26:26 AM »
where is he showing improvement.
Rookies listed players are recruited because they are better than a senior VFL player,  that you showed promise to open the AFL door.
Playing Coburg reserves is not showing improvement. Its indicating that your about to be kicked out the door.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 11:33:49 AM »
Rookies listed players are recruited because they are better than a senior VFL player

Garbage. Absolutely wrong!

The rookie list is quite often used for project players that are seen to have long term potential. Whether Gilligan ends up improving the amounts required is the question.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 09:48:30 PM »

given the dearth of KPP on our list, Hughes may very well be retained, he looked like being anything until he  was beset by a number of health issues...at 22yo...Hardwick may take the glass half full approach with him
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Jackstar is back

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2009, 09:54:32 PM »

given the dearth of KPP on our list, Hughes may very well be retained, he looked like being anything until he  was beset by a number of health issues...at 22yo...Hardwick may take the glass half full approach with him

Hughes "'looked ""like being anything :banghead  Better find my glasses.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2009, 09:56:05 PM »

VFL Reserves is extremely poor standard.  Local Suburban footy is better

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2009, 10:48:46 PM »
where is he showing improvement.
Rookies listed players are recruited because they are better than a senior VFL player,  that you showed promise to open the AFL door.
Playing Coburg reserves is not showing improvement. Its indicating that your about to be kicked out the door.
The point is, Gilly didnt finish the season playing ressies! He finished the regular season in the ones ans put in a strong performance at that!