Author Topic: Maurice Rioli junior [merged]  (Read 72861 times)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Maurice Rioli junior [merged]
« Reply #570 on: August 28, 2023, 09:19:14 AM »
Needs a huge preseason and new coach.
👌

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #571 on: August 28, 2023, 09:29:18 AM »
Like many of our players he needs to go back to fundamentals ( pick the ball up and dont fumble and hit targets )

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #572 on: August 28, 2023, 10:11:11 AM »
Needs a huge preseason and new coach.

Huge preseason 100%
New coach might be a disaster for MRJ
Might not get another game

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #573 on: August 28, 2023, 10:23:23 AM »
I think he has the tools. Similar to castagna I think his legs works faster than the rest of his body and hence overruns the ground ball. Misses the clean pick up which then puts pressure on himself.

I think if he just slows down 10 % and just takes the first kicking option will be a gun. The fact he can actually chase and tackle is something we’re bereft of in our current forward mix

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #574 on: August 28, 2023, 03:56:54 PM »
I think playing him as a small forward that protects space and forces turnovers has impacted his development.
His blinding pace and ability to work in close is perfect for what we need in the midfield.
Get him back to that in the pre season and then let’s see how he goes.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #575 on: August 28, 2023, 04:08:49 PM »
I think playing him as a small forward that protects space and forces turnovers has impacted his development.
His blinding pace and ability to work in close is perfect for what we need in the midfield.
Spot on

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #576 on: August 28, 2023, 04:41:59 PM »
Spot on
Agreed, MRJ is going to be a midfielder!  He had a run in the VFL in the middle & looked so much better than in his defensive forward role in the AFL.  Next year he needs to go into the midfield group for pre-season work & hit round 1 raring to go as a midfielder. 
His dad was 25 when he came to Richmond with his body ready for the big game, we need to be patient with Jnr while he grows into his frame.  If we do he will be worth the wait ...   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #577 on: August 29, 2023, 06:43:19 PM »
What no one is talking about: Maurice Rioli Jnr

Andrew Slevison
SEN
29 August 2023

After a promising 2022 season, Maurice Rioli Jnr somewhat regressed in 2023.

He played just 10 games, kicked only two goals and could only muster six disposals per game.

The 20-year-old sustained another hamstring injury in the weekend’s loss to Port Adelaide to bring to an end a subpar season.

The talented youngster needs a massive pre-season to get himself as fit as possible in order to go some way to fulfilling his massive potential.

Source: SEN.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #578 on: August 30, 2023, 09:50:00 PM »
Little blokes need to be silky clean, one touch, usually quick oh hold on he is quick, make good decisions and that is not just as a fwd but most roles. Their size does not allow them to be otherwise.

Grave doubts about him especially his lack of polish and fumbling. and if a decent  offer came along would seriously entertain it.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #579 on: August 30, 2023, 10:13:48 PM »
If it wasn't for whose son he is I reckon this thread would read a lot different.

If he can tidy up his skills and fumbleitis, he can play a role in future. If it remains the same then we can't keep harping on about how good his pressure is.

Needs more tricks. Badly
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #580 on: August 30, 2023, 10:47:58 PM »
Has more tricks just having trouble executing them atm.......showed last year what he could do.....his harassing pressure is still elite but  think his actual tackling has gone downhill, like Daniel's  - for all his pace he seems to constantly arrive a step too late and also misses more than he sticks...we just remember the odd one that does stick because they're spectacular....it's always been his bread and butter that helps his confidence and spurs on the rest of his game... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #581 on: August 31, 2023, 07:59:04 AM »
His timing looked off this year. If there was a stat for “nearly tackles” then he would have been club house leader
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #582 on: September 01, 2023, 03:57:30 PM »
Happy 21st birthday to Maurice Rioli Jnr, who shares a birthday with his dad Maurice Rioli Snr

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1697384269226913947

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #583 on: November 12, 2023, 05:14:43 AM »
Richmond forward Maurice Rioli Jr was a special guest in the Tiwi Bombers’ room today. Rioli is pictured with (left to right) Rhett Jordan, Paddy Heenan and Austin Wonaeamirri.

https://twitter.com/jclarkmedia/status/1723283349022859652

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #584 on: November 12, 2023, 12:18:56 PM »
Looks like turtle has been on the menu
Can’t use the F word