Author Topic: Maurice Rioli junior [merged]  (Read 72781 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Maurice Rioli junior [merged]
« Reply #630 on: April 02, 2024, 09:01:43 PM »
Practice makes perfect doesn't it?  He is also a professional footballer so it's his job to continually improve.

Unfortunately I have not seen any improvements in his skills since he began so I'm not sure what's happening.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #631 on: April 02, 2024, 09:03:46 PM »
Practice makes perfect doesn't it?  He is also a professional footballer so it's his job to continually improve.

Unfortunately I have not seen any improvements in his skills since he began so I'm not sure what's happening.
So you didn’t think he did well in the Sydney game?

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #632 on: April 02, 2024, 09:50:39 PM »

Make sure you open your eyes, then maybe you'll see a bit more clearly

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #633 on: April 02, 2024, 11:56:35 PM »
'He's not going to be like his dad': Daniel Rioli puts faith in his uncle Maurice

Jarred Cross
National Indigenous Times
2 April 2024

Daniel Rioli backed Maurice for growing into the player he's shown glimpses of.

"He's had a roller coaster the past few years he's been at our footy club and he's still trying to find his feet. He's still pretty raw. He's only 21 years old. He's got a long way ahead of him," Rioli said.

"Obviously the game on the weekend, I thought he had his best game for our footy club.

"The things that he does off the ball as well like his work rate, filling the core or doing the team things that no one really sees on the TV. He's a special player for us and does the team thing really well.

"He's not going to be like his dad that's going to go into the midfield and have 30-40 touches... he's a pressure player and I think he brings that to the team every week and he tries his hardest."

https://nit.com.au/02-04-2024/10600/hes-not-going-to-be-like-his-dad-daniel-rioli-puts-faith-in-his-uncle-maurice-pressure-footy-for-tigers-success-in-2024

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #634 on: April 03, 2024, 07:29:41 AM »

"The things that he does off the ball as well like his work rate, filling the core or doing the team things that no one really sees on the TV. He's a special player for us and does the team thing really well.

Bingo!
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #635 on: April 03, 2024, 07:47:05 AM »
Well it's his cousin so u wouldn't expect him to say anything else.

He had a fantastic game, but has been average for most of his career as far as I'm concerned.

If he can produce a standard like last week he will be a very good player.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #636 on: April 03, 2024, 08:15:32 AM »

Bingo!
May have been Jason Castagnas role as well 🤫

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #637 on: April 03, 2024, 04:05:25 PM »

He had a fantastic game, but has been average for most of his career as far as I'm concerned.

From what Daniel says, MJR it s his uncle, even if he is younger, not cousin. Maurice Rioli senior is Daniels grandfather, Jnr is his uncle. Daniels dad is Maurice jnr brother from a different mother

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #638 on: April 03, 2024, 05:43:04 PM »

From what Daniel says, MJR it s his uncle, even if he is younger, not cousin. Maurice Rioli senior is Daniels grandfather, Jnr is his uncle. Daniels dad is Maurice jnr brother from a different mother

If they were white all the cool & hip leftists would be making jokes about banjos and two heads.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #639 on: April 03, 2024, 05:53:34 PM »

Spot on. Just because he plays a good game does not mean his skills have magically been fixed. He  still fumbled and he still kicked poorly
That game if anything is not the norm but an anomaly.
To keep his spot he needs to at least play to that level week in week out. The lack of offensive touch and class means anything less and becomes a liability again.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #640 on: April 03, 2024, 06:21:16 PM »
I think he has enough upside to persevere with for at least another block of 4-6 games. I’m not expecting him to become the next Eddie Betts but truth be told there has been a void left from castagna’s departure and we need someone hungry for the chase like MRJ to have any semblance of a functional forward line

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #641 on: April 03, 2024, 06:30:05 PM »
He has plenty of upside .. just wait til he starts to believe in himself and becomes confident!!! He is still young, plenty of upside to come

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #642 on: April 03, 2024, 07:00:10 PM »
Will do himself a favour if he comes back in shape next year

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #643 on: April 03, 2024, 09:18:46 PM »

Spot on. Just because he plays a good game does not mean his skills have magically been fixed. He  still fumbled and he still kicked poorly
That game if anything is not the norm but an anomaly.
To keep his spot he needs to at least play to that level week in week out. The lack of offensive touch and class means anything less and becomes a liability again.

He also kicked well. You’re both blinkered - can’t see forest for the trees.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #644 on: April 03, 2024, 10:16:56 PM »
Will do himself a favour if he comes back in shape next year

Let’s just believe for a minute.
Reckon he can make your daughter proud.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.