Author Topic: Richmond's 50m kick in the guts: Jordie's goal (Herald-Sun)  (Read 7647 times)

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
Re: Richmond's 50m kick in the guts: Jordie's goal (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 03:13:18 PM »
who had been gone from Sydney for ten years when they won their latest premiership,

poo, really?  what happened to him?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 03:16:31 PM »
drowned in a tank...I believe
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 04:12:52 PM »
we just have to tank for another season and a half, 2011 draft is even more talent laden than this one,  :rollin
picks 4 and 6 next season will set us up for the future

I think i would have changed teams by then if we tanked for two more years.. Tanking is cowardly and i wouldn't wont to be apart of a team that dose
No one is suggesting to tank for another two years, just next year
We're not tanking this year, we're genuinely crap

However if your attitude is to go and change teams, there aren't many left who haven't tanked at some stage and those that haven't will be on the downward slide soon.

tony_montana

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 04:14:33 PM »
we just have to tank for another season and a half, 2011 draft is even more talent laden than this one,  :rollin

I think i would have changed teams by then if we tanked for two more years.. Tanking is cowardly and i wouldn't wont to be apart of a team that dose

see ya

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 06:01:28 PM »
Tm ur spot on.
So let me get this right u guys would rather have finished 09 season on 5 and a half instead of 4 wins. Even at the expense of getting another gun. Give me a break. Funny thing is if it was jack r or lids who kicked the goal do you think it would get the same coverage?? The fact it was mclovin makes it worse.

2 picks inside top 6 next I'll take that anyday
I'll say this if hardwick manages to get 4 wins on the board I can almost guarantee he won't anymore morale boosting win for the year.
 He has gale by his side to ensure honourable losses will persist for another 2 yrs

It was so funny all those on here calling for jade to
 be signed after those wins. LMAO.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 06:12:13 PM »

He has gale by his side to ensure honourable losses will persist for another 2 yrs

So what you're suggesting is that Benny Gale believes in tanking and is going to encourage Harwick to stage for  honourable losses for the next 18 months, which is what exactly? TANKING in an honourable fashion  ??? 

Now that is funny
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 06:50:18 PM »
worst moment of my life when McMahon put that ball thou.

Melbourne fans jumping with joy as the Dees lost.

stuff the AFL.
stuff Jon Ralph - hope someone kicks him in the teeth.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 07:39:42 PM »
Tm ur spot on.
So let me get this right u guys would rather have finished 09 season on 5 and a half instead of 4 wins. Even at the expense of getting another gun. Give me a break. Funny thing is if it was jack r or lids who kicked the goal do you think it would get the same coverage?? The fact it was mclovin makes it worse.
How many times does it need to be pointed out the McMahon had nothing to do with us getting an extra pick?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 07:43:36 PM »
Tm ur spot on.

2 picks inside top 6 next I'll take that anyday
I'll say this if hardwick manages to get 4 wins on the board I can almost guarantee he won't anymore morale boosting win for the year.

It was so funny all those on here calling for jade to
 be signed after those wins. LMAO.

Agree with u and Ramps so so much.

Even if we were not going to get a PP as we were already 4.5 wins hopefully Jordy misses and Melbourne would then assuming they beat Freo in round 20 get to 5 wins and deny them a PP. Furthermore Freo were already on 5 wind and noone would get the PP.  I think most on here would agree Melbourne are a much better team going forward with Scully and Trengove as opposed to just Scully or Trengove at the Dees.

The most remote part of winning culture has not existed at Richmond since the coaching tenure of John Northey let alone under Spud and Wallet. There is more winning culture in what Dimma has taught the side than in the aforementioned two blokes tenures. Winning culture is sometimes not shown in wins it is shown in off field capacities, list management, facilities and the quality of people off the field. It may have been a win in rd 18 last yr but in the long run the price was handing an opponent another quality player in their quest of rebuilding which on field may cost us in a big game in the future a long time after this or any other post in this thread is remembered.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 09:50:10 PM »
Tm ur spot on.
How many times does it need to be pointed out the McMahon had nothing to do with us getting an extra pick?

we are very clear what Mclovin has done
such a morale boosting culture winning victory has come at the expense of another possible gun in this years draft.

2 inside 6 would've been massive for us this year.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 11:04:39 PM »
Tm ur spot on.

we are very clear what Mclovin has done
such a morale boosting culture winning victory has come at the expense of another possible gun in this years draft.

2 inside 6 would've been massive for us this year.

The only thing beating Melbourne got us was Pick 3 instead of Pick 2.
Even if Sanchez's kick went wide, we'd still only get Pick 4 this year NOT Picks 4 & 6!!! He had virtually NOTHING to do with ou draft picks last year nor this year.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 11:30:53 PM »
Haha!  ;D
This is just like the episode of The Simpsons where Homer had to change his name to Thompson to go into federal witness protection program but just didn't get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmsuYeztVbs
(substitute Jordie didn't cost us a draft pick for hello Mr Thompson)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:48:30 PM by Fishfinger »
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 12:20:10 AM »
I hate tanking and everything that comes with it.

Its cowardly and weak as pee.

Taking advantage by pretending to be weak. Pathetic.

Proper recruitment and development will win improve your list and win you premierships. Not throwing away half a decade to build a side top 4 picks.

Tanking gets you off the bottom of the ladder but doesn't give your premierships.

Top 10 Picks / Premierships for the last decade.

St.Kilda: 7 top 10 picks (5 in 3 years) = 0 Flags from 1 Grand Final appearances...
Carlton: 9 top 10 picks = 0 Flags from 0 Grand Final appearances...
Hawthorn 8 top picks (5 in 2 years) = 1 Flag from Grand Final appearance.
Melbourne 7 top 10 picks = 0 Flag from 0 Grand Final appearances...

I can't be bothered looking up W.B 's and Freos but both have had there fair share of priority picks with 0 flags and 0 GF appearances.

On what grounds and facts can anyone argue that tanking, writing off seasons wins you a premiership. You'd risk membership, sponsorship, decent TV slots and prime time fixtures to tank for an additional player on the list.

When you talk about 1 little win, or one kick its simple, but to tank a whole season is diabolical. If push comes to shove in Round 22 if you kick the goal we miss out on a priority pick then you miss the goal. To say we should tank for another 2 years is lunacy.

Our list is fine and we will get our opportunity to improve it with proper resources in list management and recruiting. We don't need to "quit" our direction of developing a successful game plan and instilling confidence into the playing group. We're on the right track.
Go Tigers!

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 04:35:40 AM »
Many would argue that our best player this year is draft pick 13.  Don't need to tank to get pick 13.  Just need good talent spotters.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 07:45:18 AM »
Haha!  ;D
This is just like the episode of The Simpsons where Homer had to change his name to Thompson to go into federal witness protection program but just didn't get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmsuYeztVbs
(substitute Jordie didn't cost us a draft pick for hello Mr Thompson)

To continue the homer anology;
Tanking is like when Homer tells Bart how to fight;

"Cry like a baby and when your opponent turns away in shame you kick him in the back."
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI