Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 271494 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #225 on: April 27, 2013, 09:41:26 AM »
Well said WAT

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #226 on: April 27, 2013, 09:48:23 AM »
It wasn't Hardwick's fault they got that last goal.  Have a look at the yawning chasm of space our players left goalside of the boundary throw-in - the vision from behind the goals was damning and that is all down to the players lack of concentration and effort.

:bow :bow

Correct

I was at the other end of the ground and even I could see it  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

« Reply #227 on: April 27, 2013, 09:57:43 AM »
Hardwick is a dead man walking.

HE HAS LEARNT NOTHING!

:banghead

Why are you going to sack him?

You can't and he won't be so I agree with Tucker your a funny bloke

People disappointed but not dimmas fault we lost last night. I didnt post here last night, I thought Id just think about it a little bit before posting. So because I dont want to stuff up thread after thread here  goes:

Fremantle is a better than us.
Fremantle were missing Pavlich and Sandilands its like us missing say Jack R and Maric
We didnt lose the game because we didnt defend properly.
The whole game came down to this IMHO, when we hit the front the ball went back to the centre. We needed to 1) get the centre clearance and get the ball into our forward line where we could have choked it up the ball or 2) get a clean possession ie. a mark from which we could then soak up time on the clock.
From memory Freo got the clearance and they spent the next period in our forward line from which Ballantyne scored. So thats it in a nutshell. I believe that our midfield isnt as good as everyone reckons. They often dont win clutch clearances.

On the brightside I think Vlastuin will be an A grader.

Disappointed but we live to fight another day - with DAMIEN HARDWICK running the place.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #228 on: April 27, 2013, 11:52:41 AM »
Like it not Ramps we are missing Morris, Foley, Chappy, King, we played them there which puts them at a 5 goal advantage. Reality is we have more upside than them - Freo are overrated so its an opportunity missed.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: April 27, 2013, 12:09:39 PM »
just like the tiger of old, its time to sack the coach

fairdinkum we are a predictable bunch.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #230 on: April 27, 2013, 12:13:16 PM »
It wasn't Hardwick's fault they got that last goal.  Have a look at the yawning chasm of space our players left goalside of the boundary throw-in - the vision from behind the goals was damning and that is all down to the players lack of concentration and effort.

Correct

Yep you can't blame Hardwick for this.. On field leadership and accountability unfortunately isn't experienced as where it is required to be to win these sort of games consistently. This is why Geelong win 4 out of 5 of these games. Need simple footy smarts and awareness to protect the defensive side of a stoppage in D50 especially when there is under 90 seconds left on the clock.

Go Tigers!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #231 on: April 27, 2013, 12:34:36 PM »
Popey, dare i say it but you are bang on, when it comes to crunch time and seconds remaining it is the damned on field leaders to shape up and get structures right....ffs :banghead
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #232 on: April 27, 2013, 12:37:59 PM »
My sources (good ones) have told me the bench was frantic in trying to get everyone back in the last 2 min. Hardwick did what he could.  The players failed him miserably.

Still we are 3 and 2 and still in it. Very big game against Geelong next Saturday.  We need to move on and focus on upsetting the Cats!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: April 27, 2013, 01:16:30 PM »
My sources (good ones) have told me the bench was frantic in trying to get everyone back in the last 2 min. Hardwick did what he could.  The players failed him miserably.

Still we are 3 and 2 and still in it. Very big game against Geelong next Saturday.  We need to move on and focus on upsetting the Cats!

interesting to watch Stiffy in deep conversation with Cotch
after the game looked quite animated.

its about time these players stopped chopping up the coach.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #234 on: April 27, 2013, 01:42:38 PM »
Richo on 3aw just before confirmed this YABB. Our bench was yelling out and trying to get the message out to some of our forwards to push back but no one budged. So the blame lies with our selfish dumb forwards who all failed to do the team thing with no one instantly putting their hand up once Whitey kicked that goal and run back into our back half.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #235 on: April 27, 2013, 01:43:24 PM »

Correct

You should've passed on the message

Rampstar

« Reply #236 on: April 27, 2013, 01:49:11 PM »
only needed to keep 3 forwards in attack at that stage the others should have been on their way to defence when we lost the centre bounce clearance.

gerkin greg

« Reply #237 on: April 27, 2013, 01:50:27 PM »
jack was pointing to where they needed to be but like the boy who pointed at the wolf no-one GAF

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #238 on: April 27, 2013, 01:51:55 PM »
If that's the case, then its apologies to the Richmond coaching staff

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #239 on: April 27, 2013, 02:11:07 PM »
Richo on 3aw just before confirmed this YABB. Our bench was yelling out and trying to get the message out to some of our forwards to push back but no one budged. So the blame lies with our selfish dumb forwards who all failed to do the team thing with no one instantly putting their hand up once Whitey kicked that goal and run back into our back half.

didn't we have issues with the GC game last year also, in that our bench was frantic
trying to get the message out there.
perhaps I suggest 2 cans and a piece of string might solve the problem.

seriously its about time these so called footballers are killing these coaches.