Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 271513 times)

Rampstar

Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #240 on: April 27, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »
My sources (good ones) have told me the bench was frantic in trying to get everyone back in the last 2 min. Hardwick did what he could.  The players failed him miserably.
Richo on 3aw just before confirmed this YABB. Our bench was yelling out and trying to get the message out to some of our forwards to push back but no one budged. So the blame lies with our selfish dumb forwards who all failed to do the team thing with no one instantly putting their hand up once Whitey kicked that goal and run back into our back half.

didn't we have issues with the GC game last year also, in that our bench was frantic
trying to get the message out there.
perhaps I suggest 2 cans and a piece of string might solve the problem.

seriously its about time these so called footballers are killing these coaches.

Isnt there some sort of football intelligence test that AFL draftees should do before getting drafted. Seriously you have to be pretty dumb not to understand that when your infront by 5 points with 1 minute to go and the opposition have got a ball up or a throw in situation in their forward line that maybe you should try and run back and clog up the space. How come we always seem to recruit dumb footballers.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #241 on: April 27, 2013, 02:15:46 PM »
My sources (good ones) have told me the bench was frantic in trying to get everyone back in the last 2 min. Hardwick did what he could.  The players failed him miserably.
Richo on 3aw just before confirmed this YABB. Our bench was yelling out and trying to get the message out to some of our forwards to push back but no one budged. So the blame lies with our selfish dumb forwards who all failed to do the team thing with no one instantly putting their hand up once Whitey kicked that goal and run back into our back half.

didn't we have issues with the GC game last year also, in that our bench was frantic
trying to get the message out there.
perhaps I suggest 2 cans and a piece of string might solve the problem.

seriously its about time these so called footballers are killing these coaches.

Isnt there some sort of football intelligence test that AFL draftees should do before getting drafted. Seriously you have to be pretty dumb not to understand that when your infront by 5 points with 1 minute to go and the opposition have got a ball up or a throw in situation in their forward line that maybe you should try and run back and clog up the space. How come we always seem to recruit dumb footballers.

they are either dumb or lazy...or perhaps a combination of both.

coach killers.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #242 on: April 27, 2013, 03:03:44 PM »
Like it not Ramps we are missing Morris, Foley, Chappy, King, we played them there which puts them at a 5 goal advantage. Reality is we have more upside than them - Freo are overrated so its an opportunity missed.

What hurts more was they were not at full strength either in Pavlich was missing. It hurts as we made 5 changes and could have and should have won. Winning last night meant we stayed above the threshold in that log jam for 6-10. Losing keeps us well and truly in the pack.
Freo are older but some of their kids were really good last night too.

Rampstar

« Reply #243 on: April 27, 2013, 03:06:58 PM »
Like it not Ramps we are missing Morris, Foley, Chappy, King, we played them there which puts them at a 5 goal advantage. Reality is we have more upside than them - Freo are overrated so its an opportunity missed.

What hurts more was they were not at full strength either in Pavlich was missing. It hurts as we made 5 changes and could have and should have won. Winning last night meant we stayed above the threshold in that log jam for 6-10. Losing keeps us well and truly in the pack.

Pav usually kicks 5 or 6 on his own and Sandilands usually does what he likes. I cant see how they had a 5 goal advantage. Morris may have helped us yesterday maybe King. Foley hardly ever plays these days and Chaplin is only new to our club.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2013, 03:17:12 PM »

Pav usually kicks 5 or 6 on his own and Sandilands usually does what he likes. I cant see how they had a 5 goal advantage. Morris may have helped us yesterday maybe King. Foley hardly ever plays these days and Chaplin is only new to our club.

Sandilands has barely played in the last few years Ramps. I reckon Bradley going down helped them though meaning we were taller down back. I would have done something out of left field and thrown a Rance to the forward line last night given that Jack gave us nothing to play on Johnson who was impassable for 2 quarters last night.
Being new to the club is not an issue as Knights is new too but his contribution was vital for us.
This is one that got away IMHO. A very winnable game that's why it hurts.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #245 on: April 27, 2013, 04:23:01 PM »
I wanted Ken Hinkley but I support Hardwick and he should be given his 5 years.

I just hope he doesnt top up and go for glory when the list still has holes and needs the current youth to get games. From a list management sense. ie. Vlastuin vs Jackson

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #246 on: April 27, 2013, 04:39:47 PM »
I'm  sorry to say our players lack basic football smarts and brains.The same thing happen against the Suns last year.Fancy blaming Dimma our leaders on the ground and senior players should take the blame.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #247 on: April 27, 2013, 04:43:46 PM »
I'm  sorry to say our players lack basic football smarts and brains.The same thing happen against the Suns last year.Fancy blaming Dimma our leaders on the ground and senior players should take the blame.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: April 27, 2013, 05:30:08 PM »
We heard you the first time. ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

gerkin greg

« Reply #249 on: April 27, 2013, 08:29:45 PM »
 ;D

So sorry to say it he said it twice

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #250 on: April 27, 2013, 08:33:26 PM »
It wasn't Hardwick's fault they got that last goal.  Have a look at the yawning chasm of space our players left goalside of the boundary throw-in - the vision from behind the goals was damning and that is all down to the players lack of concentration and effort.

:bow :bow

Correct

I was at the other end of the ground and even I could see it  ;D

You should've passed on the message

You should know no me ever listens to me, they hear but they don't listen  ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2013, 05:14:02 AM »
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2013, 08:52:18 AM »

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #253 on: May 04, 2013, 10:32:32 PM »
The Downfall Begins ...

Ruanaidh

« Reply #254 on: May 04, 2013, 10:43:23 PM »
The Downfall Begins ...
Wonder if he gets nervous when Newman knocks on his door ;)