Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 271513 times)

naturaldisaster

Re: Sack Hardwick [merged]
« Reply #3540 on: September 10, 2016, 11:37:59 PM »
Don't know if this was the thread laughing Hardwick was in? But coach grumpy had a laugh in his pressed tonight.
Not trying to pick just saying.
With hope because looks like dimmas going nowhere yet! :huh

John Longmire started off his presser saying how good GWS were, like Dimma...unlike dimma doesn't get crucified for it.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3541 on: September 10, 2016, 11:44:49 PM »
Unlike Halfstep, Longmire actually has runs on the board....but yeah, poor victimised Halfstep.....cut  him some slack after seven years of stuff all...

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

naturaldisaster

« Reply #3542 on: September 11, 2016, 01:06:17 AM »
I'll agree that Dimma has gone backward in regards to coaching and is stagnating.

HE has run out of ideas and cannot seem to think outside the box.

But to say that a man who took us from being the worst team since fitzroy to an actually competitive team has done stuff all is disrespectful imo

He did well for the first 3-4 years at least.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3543 on: September 11, 2016, 04:40:25 AM »
Worst team since Fitzroy my arse -won 6 games and finished 2 games ahead of West Coast so we weren't even the worst team that year , just another favourite cliche/excuse/fall back of the BF dribblers & happy clappers.. .....bottom line - no finals wins is stuff all and would be regarded as so at most clubs with any standards that judge themselves against the best rather than their own crappier sides of the past......stuff the bloke...he's just some Essendon & Port flog, not a Richmond legend....
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 05:05:29 AM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #3544 on: September 11, 2016, 09:05:10 AM »
Worst team since Fitzroy my arse -won 6 games and finished 2 games ahead of West Coast so we weren't even the worst team that year , just another favourite cliche/excuse/fall back of the BF dribblers & happy clappers.. .....bottom line - no finals wins is stuff all and would be regarded as so at most clubs with any standards that judge themselves against the best rather than their own crappier sides of the past......stuff the bloke...he's just some Essendon & Port flog, not a Richmond legend....

:yep

Pretty funny how that cliche gets bandied around to somehow justify that hardwick hasnt done a bad job. It was a stupid throwaway line by the journos halfway through the season trying to typically create a sensationalist story

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3545 on: September 11, 2016, 09:56:00 AM »
I'll agree that Dimma has gone backward in regards to coaching and is stagnating.

But to say that a man who took us from being the worst team since fitzroy to an actually competitive team has done stuff all is disrespectful imo

Rubbish!

"At the end of the day my No.1 team rule is, 'Win the hard ball when it's your turn'," he said.

"I think I can deliver a blueprint for success that's going to take the Richmond Football Club to their 11th premiership in the not-too-distant future," he said

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/new-richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-to-oversee-massive-player-cleanout/story-e6freon6-1225766665814

He's a liar & he's taken us backwards.  FACT!
The club that keeps giving.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3546 on: September 11, 2016, 10:05:48 AM »
He took us to what, generally near the bottom to generally the lower reaches of the 8?

Hardly an achievement and in fact in modern day football (e.g. the last 20-25 years) there wouldnt be an exception to this. Completely normal.

In fact the exception is us - all other teams have generally kicked on and either won flags or competed for flags. 

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #3547 on: September 11, 2016, 10:59:34 PM »
I thought he inherited a team that was worse than University.  When did they change it to Fitzroy.  Poor Dimma's been duped.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3548 on: September 11, 2016, 11:59:00 PM »

Where are the facts that we were the worst team since Fitzroy when Hardwick took over.

This is an urban myth perpetrated by Hardwick supporters.

When he took over as coach he had Cotchin, Rance, Delido Jack, Edwards ect.

His philosophy was always to play the kids in the first year to pick up some high draft picks not to win games. 

naturaldisaster

« Reply #3549 on: September 12, 2016, 02:40:07 AM »

Where are the facts that we were the worst team since Fitzroy when Hardwick took over.

His philosophy was always to play the kids in the first year to pick up some high draft picks not to win games.

even Fitzroy had talent on the list, the rest was garbage...  Our list 5-6 years ago was absolutely putrid aisde from those young players, how people bash the list we have now and deny how extremely poor our list back then was are kidding themselves really. 

If you look back through my posts I am no hardwick supporter, however to say poo like "he cannot coach" is garbage.  just because he isn't good enough to take us furthur doesn't mean he "cannot coach"

« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:10:04 AM by naturaldisaster »

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3550 on: September 12, 2016, 07:08:34 AM »

even Fitzroy had talent on the list, the rest was garbage...  Our list 5-6 years ago was absolutely putrid aisde from those young players, how people bash the list we have now and deny how extremely poor our list back then was are kidding themselves really. 

If you look back through my posts I am no hardwick supporter, however to say poo like "he cannot coach" is garbage.  just because he isn't good enough to take us furthur doesn't mean he "cannot coach"
He cannot take us further than 13th with a percentage of 79, means he cannot coach.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3551 on: September 12, 2016, 07:15:55 AM »
Lol sorry
2010 won 6 games
2016 won 8 games

We are for all intensive purposes in our contending period, and still cannot maintain finals nor win a final.

2016 list in better shape, coach lost players. Time for change
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3552 on: September 12, 2016, 07:23:34 AM »

People have different opinions. Just because you believe something is true doesnt make it true.

But, at least we are being open and honest in our opinions and we say what me mean.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3553 on: September 12, 2016, 09:24:08 AM »

Rance and Jack were hardly the superstars they are today - in fact they were largely maligned - even hated on this forum...getting the same kind of comments B.Ellis is recieving in 2016.
Edwards was just a very average C grader when Hardwick took over.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #3554 on: September 12, 2016, 09:27:21 AM »

Rance and Jack were hardly the superstars they are today - in fact they were largely maligned - even hated on this forum...getting the same kind of comments B.Ellis is recieving in 2016.
Edwards was just a very average C grader when Hardwick took over.

Oh come on now
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus