Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 271514 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick [merged]
« Reply #3855 on: March 30, 2019, 02:28:46 PM »
Obviously won't be sacked. Having said that we also assume he made the decision to play one ruck. Last year he spoke to us mid year and said the match committee overruled him as he wanted to play Graham against Port. So we just can't assume it's always his fault......  :shh
So the buck stops with him but he cannot play a second ruckman against Collingwood if he wants to?
I call BS on that.

As KB always says, lying is the second language of the AFL.
The match committee chooses the team. Fact. Hardwick is a big part of the match committee but he can be overruled. Fact. I'm not sure what you think is BS.
What I think is BS is if Hardwick wanted Balta to play, he plays. Fact.

You cannot tell me that the majority of people on the match committee thought it was a good idea to leave Balta out against Collingwood, leaving Jack to take the ruck when Nank needs a rest.

Is there anyone here on this forum that thinks that was a good idea?
Well, I already told you Hardwick told us he wanted Graham to play last year against Port and he was overruled. That's the way it works. I do not know if he wanted Balta to play or not. Only the match committee knows. I'm not going to pretend I know. That's the difference. You are saying you are sure he didn't want him to play and I'm saying he may not have wanted him to play but he also may have wanted him to play but was overruled by the rest of the match committee. I'm not sure why you cannot believe that team selection is a committee decision and not solely the coaches decision. If it was the latter who overrules everyone else, why have a committee in the first place? By your logic, the buck stops with the coach so there is no point having a match committee as any bad decision will land fair and square at the coaches feet. Believe it or not, that is not the way it works. Fact.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3856 on: March 30, 2019, 05:29:01 PM »
Obviously won't be sacked. Having said that we also assume he made the decision to play one ruck. Last year he spoke to us mid year and said the match committee overruled him as he wanted to play Graham against Port. So we just can't assume it's always his fault......  :shh
So the buck stops with him but he cannot play a second ruckman against Collingwood if he wants to?
I call BS on that.

The match committee chooses the team. Fact. Hardwick is a big part of the match committee but he can be overruled. Fact. I'm not sure what you think is BS.

You cannot tell me that the majority of people on the match committee thought it was a good idea to leave Balta out against Collingwood, leaving Jack to take the ruck when Nank needs a rest.

Well, I already told you Hardwick told us he wanted Graham to play last year against Port and he was overruled. That's the way it works. I do not know if he wanted Balta to play or not. Only the match committee knows. I'm not going to pretend I know. That's the difference. You are saying you are sure he didn't want him to play and I'm saying he may not have wanted him to play but he also may have wanted him to play but was overruled by the rest of the match committee. I'm not sure why you cannot believe that team selection is a committee decision and not solely the coaches decision. If it was the latter who overrules everyone else, why have a committee in the first place? By your logic, the buck stops with the coach so there is no point having a match committee as any bad decision will land fair and square at the coaches feet. Believe it or not, that is not the way it works. Fact.
I hate to burst your bubble but don’t believe everything you hear mate. Surely you are more wise than that.

I know people that are part of a match committee and if the coach wants something, he gets it. FACT

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3857 on: March 30, 2019, 05:56:53 PM »
Has runs on the board,but he needs involve on the game and move on in times it's like we're still trying 2017 gameplan,but team's have worked us out.I seen alot of the same mistakes on Thursday from our premlim.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3858 on: March 30, 2019, 06:58:27 PM »
I call BS on that.

I hate to burst your bubble but don’t believe everything you hear mate. Surely you are more wise than that.

I know people that are part of a match committee and if the coach wants something, he gets it. FACT
Unless you know people on the RFC match committee, then what other clubs or leagues do in their match committees is irrelevant. There was no reason for Hardwick to lie about the Graham omission.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3859 on: March 30, 2019, 07:47:12 PM »
I call BS on that.

Unless you know people on the RFC match committee, then what other clubs or leagues do in their match committees is irrelevant. There was no reason for Hardwick to lie about the Graham omission.

I think what BT was saying is that everyone is a liar apart from himself of course

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3860 on: April 07, 2019, 12:21:06 AM »
strike two  :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

strongandbold

« Reply #3861 on: April 07, 2019, 10:12:59 AM »

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3862 on: April 07, 2019, 11:21:25 AM »
Going nowhere for the next 3 years. There not going to sack him.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3863 on: April 07, 2019, 12:35:15 PM »
He has the same number of wins as Buckley who is in charge of premiership favourites Collingwood......

He won't be sacked. Thanks Chuck17 for the laughs!!!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3864 on: April 22, 2019, 11:19:44 AM »
 Made a few tweaks... Brought in Stack, put Edwards down back- covering the loss of the irreplaceable  Rance better than expected.
Unleash the tornado

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3865 on: April 22, 2019, 12:45:26 PM »
Made a few tweaks... Brought in Stack, put Edwards down back- covering the loss of the irreplaceable  Rance better than expected.

Does that qualify as a plan B

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3866 on: April 22, 2019, 12:51:08 PM »
Dont be stupid chucky everyone knows Hardwick doesnt have a plan B lol.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3867 on: April 22, 2019, 01:53:31 PM »
Dont be stupid chucky everyone knows Hardwick doesnt have a plan B lol.
Yes he does! It’s refer to Caracella!  :shh

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3868 on: May 31, 2019, 11:02:29 PM »
Has to go

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3869 on: May 31, 2019, 11:03:52 PM »
Has to go
Replace him with Rhys Shaw.