Author Topic: Richmond vs Brisbane @ the M.C.G. - R4, 2018  (Read 5923 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Brisbane @ the M.C.G. - R4, 2018
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2018, 08:03:56 AM »
Was it just me, or was the flavour of the umpiring today the "not 15, play on" rule.

Felt like I'd been seeing signs all week
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2018, 08:09:36 AM »
I think you should watch more football.

He was clearly one of our best players after having a terrible start to the season.

Stevie Wonder watches more football  than you do if you think Conca was one of our best. Truly laughable assertion.

Some of the best footy minds in the game (Dimma, Balme, Leppa and co.) pick him to play and publicly acknowledge his good performance....your hate for Conca has clouded your ability to see the/his performance for what it is and to say he was shyte is truly laughable.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2018, 09:11:30 AM »
Good win. Good to finish game off strongly.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2018, 09:34:19 AM »
We did do well in the end, but had the rub of the green early.

We should have trailed by a couple of goals early. Still not sure how Cameron's goal was called a behind on the replay footage I saw, but the players seemed to think it had hit the post.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2018, 09:57:17 AM »

He was clearly one of our best players after having a terrible start to the season.

Stevie Wonder watches more football  than you do if you think Conca was one of our best. Truly laughable assertion.

Some of the best footy minds in the game (Dimma, Balme, Leppa and co.) pick him to play and publicly acknowledge his good performance....your hate for Conca has clouded your ability to see the/his performance for what it is and to say he was shyte is truly laughable.

Are they the same footy minds who kept on playing Vickery exc Balme

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2018, 10:07:08 AM »

Are they the same footy minds who kept on playing Vickery exc Balme

Yes the same ones who produced us our 11th flag! :gotigers

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2018, 10:23:41 AM »
Hard to glean much out of the game to be honest as the opposition was insipid

Great Prestia got good solid game time

Lambert got played back in to some form, ditto Graham

Conca was good

Dusty kicked 6 goals but when on the midlle was just "going"

Nank did really well all things considered

We won, got a % boost that we needed and we mpve onto the game against the Dees

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2018, 12:07:22 PM »
Conca has been good . For the sake of team balance much better he plays midfield. Allowed Dusty to kick a lazy 6 . Sure he butchers the ball from time to time ...but geez look at Luke Hodge yesterday.

Hope Conca can get a decent injury free run to see where he is at .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2018, 12:52:47 PM »
Training drill and Conca was still shyte....should've won by 25 goals.....anyway, good to see the umpires bog for us for a change.... :clapping :gotigers :clapping

I don't rate Conca, if you play enough then at some point can help but fall into some form. I'd be amazed if he ends up consistently impacting games when the whips are cracking at the end of this season
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2018, 03:28:33 PM »
Haven't checked yet to confirm but apparently yesterday was the second lowest score we have ever conceded and the lowest in 108 years (16 pts to St Kilda in 1910).

Source: https://twitter.com/AFLNation/status/985043518178537472

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2018, 02:21:34 AM »
Brisbane were as lifeless as Carlton. It’s odd because the numbers don’t display an overwhelming dominance by Richmond other than the inside-50 count. The Tigers had 30 scores from 53 entries. The Lions had seven from 39. The confidence they found against Port Adelaide was dismantled by the best defensive team in the competition. It looked like whenever Brisbane got the ball, the Tigers had already set up defensively and also had numbers swarming around the ball-carrier. It was the Double Deluxe Defence which led to mistakes and turnovers and frustration from the Lions.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/essendon-heads-mark-robinsons-likes-and-dislikes-for-round-4-of-the-afl-season/news-story/e5c828c6175ff85e0fd606dbcc898f88

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2018, 11:39:59 AM »
Haven't checked yet to confirm but apparently yesterday was the second lowest score we have ever conceded and the lowest in 108 years (16 pts to St Kilda in 1910).

Source: https://twitter.com/AFLNation/status/985043518178537472
Yep, it's true.

Saturday was the 2nd lowest score we have ever conceded in our entire VFL/AFL history. It was also the equal fewest scoring shots we've ever conceded.

R15, 1910     Rich  8.6-54      def. St Kilda  1.10-16
R4, 2018   Rich 16.14-110 def. Brisbane  2.5-17
R1, 1928       Rich  14.15-99  def. North       2.9-21
R15, 1964     Rich  10.16-76  def. Fitzroy     2.9-21
R8, 1918       Rich   5.15-45   def. Essendon 3.4-22

https://afltables.com/afl/teams/richmond/gamer.html#04

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2018, 12:24:28 PM »
It was a brutal defensive obliteration of a brittle opposition.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2018, 03:45:23 PM »
I always get worried when we play Brisbane,  thinking they are always better than they actually are , thinking they are a team on the rise and their ladder position is not reflective of their actual ability.

They are a very ordinary team - I should remember that .
Unleash the tornado

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2018, 10:22:08 PM »
I always get worried when we play Brisbane,  thinking they are always better than they actually are , thinking they are a team on the rise and their ladder position is not reflective of their actual ability.

They are a very ordinary team - I should remember that .
I get the same feeling around a lot of teams, but I feel it's still the past 30 odd years of pain and fear of losing again and again is somewhere still embedded inside. Bloody hard to shake off.
Like I've always said (until 2017) Richmond was the only team in the AFL that could lose the unloseable game so consistently.
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.