Author Topic: Low tackle count  (Read 917 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Low tackle count
« on: May 16, 2006, 12:13:48 AM »
Can we pinpoint our poor tackle count to youth and light bodies as Hawthorn and us are down the bottom of the list or are we poor tacklers? Sydney had something like twice as many tackles as us (82-41) even though we spent most of the game chasing their tails  ???.

Tackles Eff %
76 1 53% Brisbane
76 2 47% Western Bulldogs
75 3 49% St Kilda
75 4 53% Carlton
72 5 47% West Coast
71 6 54% Melbourne
71 7 50% Essendon
70 8 53% Sydney
69 9 51% Adelaide
66 10 50% Fremantle
66 11 49% Collingwood
64 12 51% Geelong
62 13 56% Kangaroos
61 14 47% Port Adelaide
61 15 53% Hawthorn
57 16 51% Richmond
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Low tackle count
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 07:25:58 AM »
Should get them training with the Melbourne Storm.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 11:51:36 AM »
Should get them training with the Melbourne Storm.

From memory we did that one year under Geisch or Spud. Got someone from the Storm down to our training. It didn't help though  :-\.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 05:12:34 PM »
We're still one of the lowest tackling sides in the comp. as last night showed  45 to 68  :-\.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 10:07:54 AM »
We're still one of the lowest tackling sides in the comp. as last night showed  45 to 68  :-\.

and ur right mt, its because we are a side full of small bodies, but just wait til they fill out

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 05:15:17 PM »
I still dont think we are hard enough at the man. The only reason I say this is that when we get tackled, we get creamed and lose the ball. When we tackle, opposition players still are able to dish out handballs. Not enough arm trapping and throwing bodies to the ground.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 06:11:32 PM »
I still dont think we are hard enough at the man. The only reason I say this is that when we get tackled, we get creamed and lose the ball. When we tackle, opposition players still are able to dish out handballs. Not enough arm trapping and throwing bodies to the ground.

Agree om21 particularly the throwing bodies to the ground and taking them out of the play. You don't like seeing guys get injured like Schulz did (all accidental) but Hamill's tackle was a perfect example of other sides doing it to us. Hopefully as X said it will all come together as the young blokes fill out.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 07:30:48 PM »

Agree om21 particularly the throwing bodies to the ground and taking them out of the play. You don't like seeing guys get injured like Schulz did (all accidental) but Hamill's tackle was a perfect example of other sides doing it to us. Hopefully as X said it will all come together as the young blokes fill out.

it will come together, i have no doubt,we are already showing signs of being much stronger than 2 yrs ago, takes time to develop muscle mass and bulk in  a sport lik eafl because its so aerobic and a sport that endurance and fitness is vital. size and endurance are a difficult combination to develop simultaneously as different muscle fibres are used. ie/ slow twitch muscle fibres and fast twitch muscle fibres.
thats why during preseason many players look buffed bigger stronger, then by ronud 6 or so they reverse back a little as all the running starts changing their body shape again