Author Topic: Trent Cotchin on SEN - 22/6/17  (Read 531 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Trent Cotchin on SEN - 22/6/17
« on: June 22, 2017, 06:45:54 PM »
Richmond FC captain joins Ox and Marko to discuss Richmond's year, mental demons and Dustin Martin's contract situation.

AUDIO: https://audioboom.com/posts/6039929-trent-cotchin-on-the-run-home

---------------------------------------------------------------

Riewoldt looking forward to Jones matchup, says Cotchin

By SEN
22 June 2017

Richmond captain Trent Cotchin has backed star forward Jack Riewoldt to get the better of reborn Carlton defender Liam Jones during Sunday's MCG blockbuster.

In anticipation to the important contest, the Richmond skipper told The Run Home’s David Schwarz and Mark Allen he is confident they can provide a stern challenge to the feel good story coming out of Lygon Street.

“It’s a good story isn’t it? Someone who a lot of people would’ve written off and grabbing the opportunity with both hands and performing a role for the team is great, so we’re just looking forward to the contest,” Cotchin said.

Jones has been able to blunt the influence of Jonathon Patton and Gold Coast superstar Tom Lynch since returning to the Blues senior side, but Cotchin feels his teammate has a sound mindset and will enjoy taking on the 26-year old.

“I think he’ll enjoy that one," he said.

“He’s been in pretty good form without being electrifying and I think he’s due to kick a couple, but we just want him creating that contest that he has been doing for a number of weeks now."

The Richmond skipper also gave his thoughts on potential 2017 All-Australians Sam Docherty and Kade Simpson, and whether they would implement run-with roles on the stars.

“We have our team meeting tomorrow morning so I can’t elaborate on that," Cotchin said.

“They are both obviously crucial to their ball movement off half back and both lethal with their feet and with their run and carry, so we’ll obviously keep a close eye on them.

"They are also going to have their wits about them with keeping a close eye on our forwards because if they get away from the two, hopefully we’ll kick a good score."

Cotchin also gave an update on the future of potential free agent and teammate Dustin Martin.

“We just enjoy playing with each other as it stands right now," he said.

“I think we’re all pretty hopeful that he’ll remain a Tiger next season, but again it’s not something that we are in control of."

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/06/22/riewoldt-looking-forward-to-jones-matchup-says-cotchin/