Author Topic: 2015 Draft thread  (Read 67223 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2015 Draft thread / potentially - worst draft ever coming up
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2015, 07:55:44 PM »
Out of Ah Chee & Oliver IMO. Will be influenced by whether or not we get Moore as a DFA. Moneyblair will try to cover the inside mid need on the cheap so Hackson can get a small forward with our first pick.

yep i reckon that sounds spot on
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2015, 08:10:19 PM »
Moore will be rookied IMHO.
Oliver is our best option at 12. Don't mind Ah Chee but Oliver is the more complete player.

OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2015, 08:40:26 PM »
#mini-rebuild

The worst leadership is to do nothing ...

No. That's no leadership.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2015, 09:16:02 PM »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2015, 09:41:16 PM »
Think I will just sit back and watch this show, who knows who the RFC will select.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2015, 10:32:42 PM »
Think I will just sit back and watch this show, who knows who the RFC will select.

That's not like you  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2015, 10:33:35 PM »

You won't be able to help yourself.   :snidegrin

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2015, 10:59:11 PM »
All I want is a to see him bull the boots on and play round one.  :gotigers

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2015, 11:14:34 PM »
RICHMOND
Pick 12: Generally pick 12 is a nice spot to sit and wait on draft night, because the top group generally extends beyond a dozen. There's maybe a bit more uncertainty this year about the players who will be there for the Tigers, but there will be talent available. Richmond could boost its tall forward/ruck stocks by taking Harry McKay, an athletic tall who moves well for a 200cm player and kicks goals.

Around the mark: Rhys Mathieson, Jade Gresham, Ryan Burton

Richmond protected pick 12 to help fill a need, like ruckman Harry McKay (r). Picture: AFL Media

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-24/who-does-your-club-get-with-its-first-pick

"Rucks:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2015, 06:10:17 PM »
Out of Ah Chee & Oliver IMO. Will be influenced by whether or not we get Moore as a DFA. Moneyblair will try to cover the inside mid need on the cheap so Hackson can get a small forward with our first pick.

I'd be okay with that actually. We've tried to fill the some forward spot on the cheap and it hasn't come on yet.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2015, 11:46:26 PM »
The AFL website is saying we will only be using 3 picks.

Draft crop could be the smallest on record

AFL.com.au
October 27, 2015

THERE could be a record low number of players drafted this year, with clubs tipping there will be no more than 60 prospects brought into the system.

Clubs are expecting a total of approximately 58-60 live selections at November's NAB AFL Draft, which would be the lowest in draft history.

The previous lowest was in 2013, when 63 players were picked. Last year there were 76 players taken by clubs at the national draft.

The thin draft pool this year has seen some clubs peel back their investment in the crop, with many believing the high number of trades and pick swaps in the exchange period was in part due to the shallower draft.

Adelaide, Collingwood, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, St Kilda, Richmond and the Sydney Swans could all use just three picks on draft night.

Brisbane, Geelong, Gold Coast, Melbourne, North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs are all expected to take four picks to the draft.

With both Essendon and Carlton holding four picks each inside the first 25 selections, the traditional rivals are likely to each take at least five players on draft night as they regenerate their lists after bottom-four finishes.

The total does not include rookie elevations, which are no longer called out as part of draft night.

Clubs will have a better idea of how many picks will be used on Friday, when the first list lodgments are due. Two delisted free agency periods before the draft will also alter the number of free spots on senior lists.

Although clubs such as the Lions, Swans and Greater Western Sydney have stocked up on picks to accrue more points to pay for northern academy prospects in the new bidding system, not every pick will be assigned to a player.

For instance, the Lions hold five straight selections from No.38-42, but they might only enter the draft with four open list spots.

The picks will remain so they can match early bids on academy pair Ben Keays and Eric Hipwood. If that happens and the leftover selections are shifted to the end of the draft, they will disappear if the Lions don't have list spots available.

For the first time, the draft order will change during the night as bids on father-son and academy prospects are matched.

Because the northern clubs are expected to part with multiple picks to pay for their academy picks, other clubs' selections will be brought forward.

For instance, Essendon's pick No.57 may leap forward 10 spots to become pick 47 if early bids are matched and picks are pushed to the end of the draft.

Clubs had a full trial run of the new father-son and academy bidding system last Friday, completing a mock draft using last year's prospects to see permutations of matched bids.

The draft will be held at the Adelaide Convention Centre on November 24.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-27/draft-crop-could-be-the-smallest-on-record

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2015, 07:02:20 AM »

Wonder if that's 3 picks after any rookie promotions or includes rookie promotions  :huh3

Would think Lambert will get promoted
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2015, 09:55:51 AM »
do they still have to make min 3 draft selections?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2015, 10:33:31 AM »
do they still have to make min 3 draft selections?

I thought they did

But IIRC from last year they are allowed to use one of those on promoting a rookie
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2015, 10:55:34 AM »

Wonder if that's 3 picks after any rookie promotions or includes rookie promotions  :huh3

Would think Lambert will get promoted
The article says that rookie picks are no longer read out as part of the draft - so I assume that means that elevating rookies is actually done before the draft ...?  So I guess that clubs would assign a late draft pick to elevate a rookie, eg our pick 120 for Lambert, & then conduct the draft with their remaining picks.  I suppose it takes out some of the faffing around late in the draft.   
I also assume that we will elevate Lambert ... cant see why not ...   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!