Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555459 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #240 on: February 20, 2013, 03:53:46 PM »
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Ox

« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2013, 03:55:51 PM »
good one Al.Did u make it?

Ox

« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2013, 03:58:40 PM »
good one Al.Did u make it?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #243 on: February 20, 2013, 04:04:08 PM »
nah, not mine.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2013, 04:27:57 PM »
Classic  :clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #245 on: February 20, 2013, 07:44:58 PM »
Ch 7 news tonight said the Bomber players are feeling more confident about being cleared after ASADA visited Windy Hill today and told them if it can be proven Essendon players were given non-approved substances without their knowledge then they'd escape a ban.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #246 on: February 21, 2013, 06:20:21 AM »
Ch 7 news tonight said the Bomber players are feeling more confident about being cleared after ASADA visited Windy Hill today and told them if it can be proven Essendon players were given non-approved substances without their knowledge then they'd escape a ban.

So, if they were all taking illegal p.e substances on a regular basis all they have to do is collectively plead they didn't know and they are off the hook? Anyone can say that and sign a stat dec. Stuff me....

This competition is a joke.

If its that easy to get off, every player will be doing illegal p.e substances soon.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #247 on: February 21, 2013, 08:37:06 AM »

So, if they were all taking illegal p.e substances on a regular basis all they have to do is collectively plead they didn't know and they are off the hook? Anyone can say that and sign a stat dec. Stuff me....

This competition is a joke.

If its that easy to get off, every player will be doing illegal p.e substances soon.

Absolutely agree. Unless they come down hard and punish individuals it will set a precedent.

Geezus, 'not knowing what I was taking' has been around as an excuse since forever. :rollin

Absolving personal responsibility opens a Pandora's Box.
The AFL will reap what they sow.

Hopefully common sense prevails and ASADA cut through the spin.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #248 on: February 21, 2013, 02:44:57 PM »
Jon Ralph on KB's show reckons the Bombers' players will get off but Essendon itself as a club (and presumably senior officials) will be whacked for allowing all this to occur under their noses and on their watch. A case of negligence and lacking due diligence in failing in their duty to protect their players.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #249 on: February 21, 2013, 08:35:39 PM »
If the players don't get bans / club not lose picks its all verysuss

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #250 on: February 26, 2013, 04:37:41 AM »
ESSENDON assistant coach Mark Thompson says he feels embarrassed to walk in public in light of the drug scandal currently engulfing his club.

As the AFL and Australian Sports Anti Doping Authority continue their investigation in to the club's alleged use of performance enhancing drugs last year, Thompson said the matter was the most serious issue he had ever had to deal with in football.

Thompson said the club's image had "copped a hammering", making life difficult for all players and staff.

"It's been very hard to survive and to live," Thompson said.

"Everywhere you go you feel embarrassed, you think that people are thinking you've done these things that everybody has been saying we're doing.

"To be honest we just have to sit back and wait, and we can't defend ourselves because we're just not allowed to and we understand that, we're part of this process where we want to find the truth out and once the truth comes out we'll deal with the consequences.

"In that regard it's been really difficult."

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/bomber-thompson-embarrassed-over-essendon-drugs-scandal/story-e6frf9jf-1226585429552

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: February 26, 2013, 07:42:28 AM »
Lol
The hero
The savior

Hahaha idiot
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #252 on: February 26, 2013, 07:46:01 AM »
You make your own bed.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2013, 01:23:21 PM »
The [Essendon] Board and I are now aware of irregular practices by the club that are being investigated by ASADA and the AFL, and that is why we have decided to call an independent and external review into the governance and processes that have led to us being in the position we are today.

In announcing this review, I want to make sure that we are able to give answers to our members about what happened and why, and to put in place any changes needed to ensure that this doesn’t happen again.

See more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-27/full-statement-from-essendon#sthash.bLHGwDM8.dpuf

Ox

« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2013, 02:15:08 PM »
Nice ploy, u corporate dogs.

It seems everyone has some type of faux-legal, jargon crap disclaimer,
designed to both negate any given issue and at the same time, distance the "spirit"
of in this case, the football club from any true wrong doing.

Go stuff urselves essendon.
 If the  dog wasn't so scared of being found out to have had prior knowledge of all shady goings on in the AFL, u would have been tried and hung by now.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:18:41 AM by one-eyed »