Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555415 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #300 on: April 11, 2013, 11:11:32 AM »
Good times  :cheers

players must get 2 years bans. Club to be docked premiership points.  ie. euoprean fotoball

http://media.theage.com.au/system/ipad/hird-essendon-facing-another-drugs-crisis-4180278.html
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 12:22:21 PM by Bentleigh-esque »

Rampstar

« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2013, 11:23:47 AM »
Essendon should be stripped of all premiership points over the next 2 years IMHO and they should also be stripped of all national draft picks over the next two years.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2013, 11:32:16 AM »
It still could happen at a later date Ramps. The AFL must be furious about its brand is being damaged and tarnished by the Bombers.

What was the point of that Essendon press conference btw? Evans didn't take any questions from the media throng. A media release could've said Essendon are planning to do nothing new and let the ASADA investigation take its course.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2013, 12:38:45 PM »
It still could happen at a later date Ramps. The AFL must be furious about its brand is being damaged and tarnished by the Bombers.

What was the point of that Essendon press conference btw? Evans didn't take any questions from the media throng. A media release could've said Essendon are planning to do nothing new and let the ASADA investigation take its course.

Was honestly expecting something juicy. That conference sucked and was absolutely pointless.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #304 on: April 11, 2013, 06:24:07 PM »
Ch 9 news tonight displayed txt messages between Hird and Dank. Hird telling Dank he's doing a good job, how IV would be used especially on older players and how what they are doing is ahead of other clubs including one going for a flag.

Rampstar

« Reply #305 on: April 11, 2013, 06:29:03 PM »
hird has many questions to answer if these texts are proven legitimate IMHO.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: April 11, 2013, 06:49:25 PM »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #307 on: April 11, 2013, 07:35:03 PM »
Hird: Good work today mate. The boys were up and about. We have lots to work with.
Dank: IV start next week. And Thymosin and Ubiquinone. We will start to see some real effects.

Dank: Is (player) in your best 22?
Hird: At his best, yes. Why?
Dank: I am just working out his injections for the year. As an older leaner body I might infuse him more particularly for the recovery. I often IV the older bodies.

Dank: I also know that they (a rival club) are trying everything they can in supplements and recovery modes to win this premiership.
Hird: But not as good as us in that area!!!

the hun

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/essendon-coach-james-hird-will-fight-claim-he-took-substance-banned-for-players/story-e6frf9jf-1226617780563
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 08:01:55 PM by WilliamPowell »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #308 on: April 11, 2013, 08:01:23 PM »
Full article that Bents has partially posted:

Essendon coach James Hird will fight claim he took substance banned for players
Mark Robinson, Jon Ralph From: Herald Sun April 11, 2013 6:56PM

LEAKED text messages allegedly reveal James Hird and Stephen Dank boasting about Essendon's drugs supplement program.

The text messages, shown on Channel 9 tonight, have not been verified, but appear to show a close relationship between the Bombers coach and the sports scientist at the centre of the club's controversial injections program.

Hird has declared he will coach Essendon against Fremantle tomorrow night and the club today stood by him after claims emerged he had been injected by Dank with a substance banned for use by players.

Channel 9 says it has six months' worth of text messages between Hird and Dank, including the following exchanges:

Hird: Good work today mate. The boys were up and about. We have lots to work with.

Dank: IV start next week. And Thymosin and Ubiquinone. We will start to see some real effects.

Essendon coach James Hird and captain Jobe Watson leave Windy Hill today.

Dank: Is (player) in your best 22?

Hird: At his best, yes. Why?

Dank: I am just working out his injections for the year. As an older leaner body I might infuse him more particularly for the recovery. I often IV the older bodies.

Dank: I also know that they (a rival club) are trying everything they can in supplements and recovery modes to win this premiership.

Hird: But not as good as us in that area!!!

Earlier today, AFL chief Andrew Demetriou said Hird would be held to account if it is proven he has compromised his duty of care as Essendon coach.

Demetriou said allegations that Hird was injected with a drug were "very serious".

"I can't think of anything more serious," Mr Demetriou said at a press conference this afternoon.

Demetriou said speculation over whether Hird would stand down should be put off until the ASADA investigation was complete.

"Notwithistanding that, it is very clear that ... if any coach or official puts a duty of care of their players at risk, then they will be held accountable."

"There is no place for them in our game.

"As a parent, and not just as the CEO of the AFL, the issues as reported surrounding the potential use of various substances is something that is disturbing, very disturbing, particularly when we're talking about the health and welfare of young men."

Full article: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/essendon-coach-james-hird-will-fight-claim-he-took-substance-banned-for-players/story-e6frf9jf-1226617780563
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: April 11, 2013, 08:22:01 PM »
Has Karma ever tasted so good Knighter.

I don't think so.

This football club deserve everything they get. They are a disgraceful organisation.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #310 on: April 11, 2013, 09:39:46 PM »
Ok, as much as all you blokes wants to see carnage at essendon,
How the stuff does chanell 9 get hold of private text messages?

Either it is made up or chanel 9 has hacked into hird's or dank's phone, which itself would be a much larger issue.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #311 on: April 11, 2013, 09:44:44 PM »

Either it is made up or chanel 9 has hacked into hird's or dank's phone, which itself would be a much larger issue.

Dank offered info to The Age for their recent articles didn't he? I'm assuming he's offered up SMS correspondence too. I think lol. I vaguely remember reading on bomberblitz about how they were confused as to why on one hand Dank was suing media, then giving others info.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #312 on: April 11, 2013, 10:01:53 PM »

Gotta say It waS the first thing I thought of too al. How did they get those TXT messages?

Thought in the beginning the bombers were in strife. As it gets murkier and messier and the bombers lurch on towards who knows what you just know they are massive trouble
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #313 on: April 11, 2013, 10:54:03 PM »
What is Thymosin and Ubiquinone?
Are they banned? 

I remember Mcveigh say on radio that all he had was vitiman B & C.

It all sounds a bit sus to me.

I think the bombers are in a whole lot of trouble.
And I have no doubt that Knights would've been marched out of the place before the first press conference in feb.
Looks like the "golden boy" will be given the benefit of the doubt.

All I'm saying is that a lot of people didnt want to beleive that Lance Armstrong was guilty until they seen him confess to Oprah.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #314 on: April 11, 2013, 10:58:16 PM »
Looks like Thymosin may be a problem for the "golden boy"
 http://theconversation.com/cronulla-sharks-and-thymosin-beta-4-is-it-doping-12694

The club that keeps giving.