Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555414 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #435 on: May 03, 2013, 12:59:24 PM »

I'm beginning to think Andy D might have to go as well.

Bitter rivals behind Bombers drug claims: Demetriou

AFL chief Andrew Demetriou has taken aim at clubs he claims are spreading "scurrilous innuendo" about Essendon's unbeaten record in 2013 amid the ongoing ASADA investigation into the Bombers.

Essendon is on top of the ladder after five rounds of the season - the club has won every game despite ongoing speculation about the nature of the Bombers' supplements program last season.

Demetriou told 3AW radio in Melbourne that the running commentary on developments in the ASADA investigation at Essendon was being driven to some extent from within the league.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-03/demetriou-warns-clubs-to-stop-spreading-rumours-about-bombers/4667822

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #436 on: May 03, 2013, 03:15:47 PM »
Send out the SS Adof, Andy.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #437 on: May 03, 2013, 03:33:15 PM »

Bitter rivals behind Bombers drug claims: Demetriou

AFL chief Andrew Demetriou has taken aim at clubs he claims are spreading "scurrilous innuendo" about Essendon's unbeaten record in 2013 amid the ongoing ASADA investigation into the Bombers.

Essendon is on top of the ladder after five rounds of the season - the club has won every game despite ongoing speculation about the nature of the Bombers' supplements program last season.

Demetriou told 3AW radio in Melbourne that the running commentary on developments in the ASADA investigation at Essendon was being driven to some extent from within the league.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-03/demetriou-warns-clubs-to-stop-spreading-rumours-about-bombers/4667822

Maybe folks are "bitter" Andy D, because the see they Bombers aren't being punished for at the very least blatant stupidy or moving along to the harsher "cheating by using banned PED's". You are making them out to be victoms here, they're not  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #438 on: May 03, 2013, 04:09:30 PM »
apparently the most professional sporting code
in the country run like some country league.

these other clubs are getting agitated and for good reason
as they can see a team unbeaten sitting pretty playing
under the influence from pepmeups from last year.

the Fuhrer and the Gestapo are playing everyone for fools
or think they are, for something that was the "darkest day in Oz sport"
its definitely dragging its feet in sorting this mess out.

The AFL need to show some gonads here and make the EFC an example of
regardless of ASADA's findings, as they were derelict in their duty of care
in regards to player welfare, it doesn't wash that they are making out they
were duped by some dodgy doctor, as a professional club they should
be showing best practices which they haven't at any stage.

im fearful that this mob will be hit with a wet lettuce leaf by the Fuhrer, my only hope is that
ASADA do the right thing and punish them but the longer it goes im not so confident.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #439 on: May 03, 2013, 04:25:19 PM »

im fearful that this mob will be hit with a wet lettuce leaf by the Fuhrer, my only hope is that
ASADA do the right thing and punish them but the longer it goes im not so confident.

Yep spot on WP and Roger

I can see a Melbourne type of punishment and the only fall out guy will be Robson while Turd and Evans get off scot free

Honestly I can understand why people are fed up with the way this sport is run. It's the most disgraceful I've ever seen since I can remember watching a bunch of cheats take 4 points away from hardworking clubs, week after week.

The only positive thing is we play them in Rd 23, a week before finals so with any luck they are found guilty and we get the 4 points.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #440 on: May 03, 2013, 07:17:14 PM »
i doubt the club will be banned.

at worst it will like the storm where they dont play for points.
i cant remember if their opponents just got the points or still had to win to get the points
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #441 on: May 03, 2013, 08:25:38 PM »

i cant remember if their opponents just got the points or still had to win to get the points

My understanding is under the world drug governing body rules the players have to be banned, to the extent of at least six months.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #442 on: May 03, 2013, 09:17:01 PM »
im talking about the club, not the individual players.

but on the players, we have what you posted earlier;
:bluesbros3. The use of AOD-9604, in accordance with the WADAcode, brings with it the standard two-year ban. Areading of the explanatory notes within the WADACode attached to rules 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 indicates thatplayers banned for administering AOD-9604 will havea very hard time getting their penalties overturned asthe notes specify the administration of a prohibitedsubstance by the athlete’s personal physician or trainerwithout disclosure to the athlete does not constitute anacceptable excuse to have a ban overturned

but to counter that;
WADA's rule 10.5.1 discusses the principle of "no fault or negligence", and is based on athletes proving they did not know what they were being given by sports scientists or doctors.

If an athlete can prove "in an individual case that he or she bears no fault or negligence, the otherwise applicable period of ineligibility shall be eliminated".
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=17263.msg363852#msg363852

so who knows?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #443 on: May 03, 2013, 09:41:31 PM »

Still had to win to get points.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #444 on: May 04, 2013, 12:17:27 AM »
He's lost the plot as much as Giesch has.

This Andy D who off his own back goes out of his way to save Essendon's major sponsorship in the face of alleged doping accusations within their club is IIRC the same Andy D that stepped in and stopped Skoda sponsoring us a couple of years ago so newbies GWS could have them instead. He also stepped in to give North the deal to play games in Hobart when it was originally Benny Gale's idea for us to do it. There's no accountability or proper corporate governance at AFL HQ anymore. Hey let's just let them make it up as we go along and play favourites when it suits the AFL hierarchy   :scream.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #445 on: May 04, 2013, 12:49:58 AM »
Maybe folks are "bitter" Andy D, because the see they Bombers aren't being punished for at the very least blatant stupidy or moving along to the harsher "cheating by using banned PED's". You are making them out to be victoms here, they're not  :banghead

Well said WP and roger :clapping

Other clubs aren't believing the crap coming out of Windy Hill because Essendon's version of what happened and its excuses from Bomber sycophants keeps on changing ::). We've gone from McVeigh saying at the start "it was only vitamin B & C injections" :wallywink and Reimers is just a bitter ex-player to now their Prez Evans saying they're "not conceding banned substances were given to our players" while on the other hand claiming they were duped by Dank. It would be a disgrace if Essendon are let off the hook over this when you remember Travis Casserley was banned for two years for taking just two Sudafed tablets for hay fever. If ASADA are consistent then Essendon and its players and officials involved should be facing similar harsh penalties.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 05:36:54 AM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #446 on: May 04, 2013, 05:35:50 AM »
The Ziggy Switkowski report into the irregular practices at Essendon will be released on Monday following the withdrawal of a legal challenge from Dean Robinson.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/report-out-on-monday-20130503-2iyih.html#ixzz2SGAg5ReC

STEPHEN Dank, Essendon's former sports scientist, ordered a banned peptide in quantities sufficient to treat a team of AFL players, according to a former associate.

Records of Mr Dank's purchasing process reveal he sourced the peptide Thymosin beta 4 from Melbourne biochemist Shane Charter while working for Essendon.

Mr Charter will tell ASADA that Mr Dank had ordered enough Thymosin beta 4 to treat a squad of 30 players with regular weekly injections.

"It was enough for an entire squad," he said.

It is not known if it was used on athletes.

Ballarat University's Dr Stephen Brown, who co-wrote a paper about Thymosin beta 4 and sport that was published in February in the authoritative Journal of Sports Science, said the substance was commonly used on racehorses.

"I'm shocked that it would be given to humans, because there's no evidence to show that it's beneficial. So why inject it and, if you do, what are the risks?" he said.

"Who knows what nasty genes it could turn on down the track?"

"There isn't enough evidence to support giving it as a drug for a horse."

Read full article here: http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/shane-charter-opens-up-on-former-essendon-sports-scientist-stephen-dank/story-fnelctok-1226634945498

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #447 on: May 04, 2013, 08:16:06 AM »
Andy is the biggest problem with our sport today.

In his time he has overseen tanking or not tanking, drugs in sport, doping in sport.

All of these things have happened under his watch and IMO he should step down.

He decides to take a break in the middle of the tanking issue. Good to see its a major concern for him.

He doesn't care for the game lets be honest, he cares for his pocket and changing the game we have known all our lives.

Siding now with a club who has virtually admitted they have taken a banned substance is the last straw for me. He himself was not making running commentary but now seems to be taking sides.

A 6 month ban doesn't cut it with me and would be an absolute win for that disgraceful football club.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #448 on: May 04, 2013, 02:23:12 PM »
One piece of the Adolph :cuddles Bummers mystery solved today.  Vision at quarter time of him in the crowd with his young children - youngest son had a Bummers scarf on!

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #449 on: May 04, 2013, 05:08:19 PM »
i was living in the USA when the HGH drugs in baseball story hit the news.  The media was keen to print before and after photos of baseballers.  I recall one pair of photos of Barry Bonds, which looked a  lot like two different people.  Has any of the media in Melbourne printed any before and after shots of the Bombers?  Or are they too afraid of legal action?  Or afraid of the AFL?