Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555441 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #525 on: May 16, 2013, 01:26:31 PM »
If they failed a 3rd test is that the 3rd strike?

Yes

Aren't they meant to be known to the public? Or am I completely forgetting someone?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #526 on: May 16, 2013, 01:45:07 PM »
If they failed a 3rd test is that the 3rd strike?

Yes

Aren't they meant to be known to the public? Or am I completely forgetting someone?

Yes once a 3rd strike is recorded the player is supposed to be named
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #527 on: May 16, 2013, 05:11:48 PM »
So they didn't name them?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #528 on: May 16, 2013, 06:15:27 PM »

What are you talking about?

No one recorded a 3rd strike in 2012 so there is no one to name

Only recorded 3rd strike and it goes back to 2010 and that player was named and suspended so I am not sure what you talking about

Gigantor

« Reply #529 on: May 16, 2013, 06:21:09 PM »
WP although I'm middle aged and don't frequent the clubs where drugs are apparently to  be found these days,i hear enough stories in my work environment to know that a sizeable part of our community is using them..whats yours or other posters opinion here, on how prevalent drug use is in our community?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #530 on: May 16, 2013, 06:32:36 PM »
WP although I'm middle aged and don't frequent the clubs where drugs are apparently to  be found these days,i hear enough stories in my work environment to know that a sizeable part of our community is using them..whats yours or other posters opinion here, on how prevalent drug use is in our community?

I'm no young'en myself  ;D closer to 50 than 30  ;D

Huge problem in society drugs. I think the drugs issue is alot worse in the AFL than what they realise. 2000 tests may seem like alot but in the overall scheme of things it isn't that great a number. Would love to know how many players haven't been tested in the last 3 years

Have to staggers me that folks call them everything from social, to recreational, to party drugs. Last time I checked they were illegal

dwaino

« Reply #531 on: May 16, 2013, 07:46:23 PM »

As a 27 year old I guess that would put me right in the prime bracket. Andy Dimwit went on about things like drug education, if it's mental or whatever. I can tell you that every single person I know that takes/has taken whatever illegal drug are well aware of what they are doing. They know it's illegal, they know it can be harmful, they are aware there could be repercussions, but they don't care. They just want to party. These AFL players aren't stupid, they know what they're doing.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #532 on: May 17, 2013, 12:15:57 AM »

Only recorded 3rd strike and it goes back to 2010 and that player was named and suspended so I am not sure what you talking about

THAT'S THE YEAR I WAS REFERRING TO! Hence why I said
Or am I completely forgetting someone?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #533 on: May 17, 2013, 12:17:39 AM »

As a 27 year old I guess that would put me right in the prime bracket. Andy Dimwit went on about things like drug education, if it's mental or whatever. I can tell you that every single person I know that takes/has taken whatever illegal drug are well aware of what they are doing. They know it's illegal, they know it can be harmful, they are aware there could be repercussions, but they don't care. They just want to party. These AFL players aren't stupid, they know what they're doing.

As a 11 year old I can tell you everyone in my grade 5 class know exactly what they're doing too

dwaino

« Reply #534 on: May 17, 2013, 12:21:02 AM »

As a 11 year old I can tell you everyone in my grade 5 class know exactly what they're doing too

Gee whiz, there are going to be a lot of firefighters.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #535 on: May 17, 2013, 06:52:47 AM »

THAT'S THE YEAR I WAS REFERRING TO! Hence why I said
Or am I completely forgetting someone?

Well why didn't you say 2010?

and You are missing someone Travis Tuck

gerkin greg

« Reply #536 on: May 17, 2013, 02:58:37 PM »
I'm taking drugs tonight, first time

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #537 on: May 17, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »

First time? When I discovered Big Gerk you were speeding off your head bro

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #538 on: May 17, 2013, 03:12:01 PM »

First time ever or first time for the night?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #539 on: May 17, 2013, 03:13:02 PM »
;D