Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555475 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #705 on: June 26, 2013, 09:20:08 AM »
James Hird having a press conference at 9:30am.

Lets hope he does the honorable thing and stands himself down.  :pray

As much chance of that as the Labor party winning the upcoming election  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #706 on: June 26, 2013, 10:01:40 AM »
complicated
complicated
complicated
complicated

:sleep

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #707 on: June 26, 2013, 10:04:19 AM »
James Hird having a press conference at 9:30am.

Lets hope he does the honorable thing and stands himself down.  :pray

As much chance of that as the Labor party winning the upcoming election  :thumbsup
Just hoping WP. You never know.
... I'm still waiting for Julia to line up in the forward pocket at the bulldogs.  ;D
The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #708 on: June 26, 2013, 10:32:17 AM »
As expected Hird said nothing of substance

Said he wasn't disappointed in Jobe, but was surprised by his comments in the interview, supports Jobe and that Jobe's Brownlow is safe.

Blah, blah, blah

:wallywink

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #709 on: June 26, 2013, 12:34:29 PM »
Watson's Brownlow is safe: Hird

By Gary Walsh and Matt Thompson
afl.com.au
Wednesday, June 26, 2013

ESSENDON coach James Hird says he does not believe Jobe Watson's Browlow Medal is "in serious doubt" of being revoked after the Bomber skipper's revelation that he took a banned drug last season.

"With the facts I have, I don't believe it's in doubt," Hird told media at Windy Hill on Wednesday morning.

He admitted he had been surprised by Monday's TV interview in which Watson acknowledged taking anti-obesity drug AOD-9604, but said he was not disappointed in his captain, describing him as "his own man".

"I am never disappointed in Jobe Watson," he said, adding that he had not spoken to the captain about why he had made his public comments.

"Jobe Watson is a man of the highest integrity, highest character and a great person for our footy club."

AFL football operations manager Mark Evans said Watson's public comments only echoed what he had told those investigating Essendon's 2012 supplements program.

"It was an interesting decision for Jobe to do that, but I don't think that he has said anything there last night that he hasn't already told the ASADA and the AFL investigators,'' Evans told 6PR radio in Perth on Tuesday night.

Hird also revealed he had now warned all Essendon players about making public comments about the ongoing ASADA/AFL inquiry.

Hird described the issue as "very complicated" and said he wanted the investigation to be wrapped up so the club could speak openly.

"I have no concern for Jobe. We have confidence in the process we are going through.

"We all want to talk, but we respect the process."

Hird also expressed his support for club doctor Bruce Reid, who was implicated by Watson in the administering of the drug.

"Bruce Reid's worked at this footy club and this industry for 32 years, and has guided this club as the doctor in impeccable fashion and will continue to do so.

"Once we can talk about it, I think Bruce will be one of the first to get out and speak his mind."

Hird said no players had expressed concern about the club's medical staff, and he insisted that players had not derived any unfair advantage in 2012 from the controversial supplements program.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-26/hird-on-watson

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #710 on: June 26, 2013, 01:42:46 PM »
Haha most things Golden Boy says are usually a lie. Be prepared to hand it over Jobey

Online Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #711 on: June 26, 2013, 07:25:44 PM »

Pushed, Watson said he signed the consent form, which listed AOD9604, and his belief was that he took it and that it was approved for consumption.

Read more at: http://www.news.com.au/national-news/victoria/bombers-sinking-in-muddied-pool-of-drugs-scandal/story-fnii5sms-1226669748162

Pushed?  Pushed, did they say??  Pull the other one, it plays jingle bells!!!  I've seen stronger pushing by the breeze at the pre-school playground swings!  Fair dinkum ..... they've gotta be in someone's back pocket. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #712 on: June 27, 2013, 01:08:59 AM »
Not the most reliable source but Barrett on the Footy Show was claiming Essendon's defence will be based on a legal technicality - that the AOD-9604 drug was banned but it wasn't illegal  :huh. The Bombers will also try to claim the drug wasn't performance enhancing. Barrett reckons if Essendon are hit, they will go to court to fight it as ASADA has admitted it will be hard to prosecute the case in a court.

Dodgy as if true just like their supplement program  ::).

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #713 on: June 27, 2013, 08:47:17 AM »
Not the most reliable source but Barrett on the Footy Show was claiming Essendon's defence will be based on a legal technicality - that the AOD-9604 drug was banned but it wasn't illegal  :huh. The Bombers will also try to claim the drug wasn't performance enhancing. Barrett reckons if Essendon are hit, they will go to court to fight it as ASADA has admitted it will be hard to prosecute the case in a court.

Dodgy as if true just like their supplement program  ::).

What so if its not illegal you have a good chance if you take it to court, is that what he is saying?

so if your an athlete and your take non illegal drugs that are banned its all good

Gee i hope that is just barrett talking his usual rubbish trying to make his job sound interesting.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #714 on: June 27, 2013, 01:59:22 PM »
So we can go take any banned substance and then say well it's not against the law just these rubbish rules that govern the game. If you want to take banned drugs and claim they are legal stuff off out of AFL and go stuff around in the gym with your mates.  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #715 on: June 28, 2013, 12:08:45 AM »
Ch 7 tonight showed this quote from this February 2013 ACC report (page 14). Seems this will be Essendon's defence. That the ACC/ASADA weren't on the same page as WADA.

GROWTH HORMONE VARIANTS

AOD-9604 is a variant of growth hormone which has fat burning properties and may be used by athletes to increase power to weight ratios by better utilisation of fat stores. AOD-9604 is about to enter phase three clinical trials.

During phase two clinical trials it was also found to have an anabolic effect on cartilage tissue and may promote cartilage creation and repair and have a capacity to enhance muscle formation.

AOD-9604 is not currently a WADA prohibited substance.

http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/sites/default/files/files/organised-crime-and-drugs-in-sports-feb2013.pdf
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

gerkin greg

« Reply #716 on: June 28, 2013, 12:17:19 AM »
Good luck with that

Was banned in 2011, they used it in 2012, that report came out in 2013

dwaino

« Reply #717 on: June 28, 2013, 12:18:12 AM »
It's disgusting that they won't be arguing that they cheated by taking PEDs. Instead, they'll be arguing a technicality via a loophole that their PED wasn't specifically banned that let's them off Scot free.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #718 on: June 28, 2013, 06:38:01 AM »
I thought it was anything but disgusting the boos Watson got last night

Fair game pal when you cross the line just ask Milny

I'm off the opinion now the reason the AFL are keeping quiet is because they will get off

Remember the tanking. Very quiet and to be shown they did something gave them a slap on the wrist

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #719 on: June 28, 2013, 07:01:02 AM »
Ch 7 tonight showed this quote from this February 2013 ACC report (page 14). Seems this will be Essendon's defence. That the ACC/ASADA weren't on the same page as WADA.

GROWTH HORMONE VARIANTS

AOD-9604 is a variant of growth hormone which has fat burning properties and may be used by athletes to increase power to weight ratios by better utilisation of fat stores. AOD-9604 is about to enter phase three clinical trials.

During phase two clinical trials it was also found to have an anabolic effect on cartilage tissue and may promote cartilage creation and repair and have a capacity to enhance muscle formation.

AOD-9604 is not currently a WADA prohibited substance.

http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/sites/default/files/files/organised-crime-and-drugs-in-sports-feb2013.pdf

Yeah that's what in that report but I believe it was said a few weeks after the report was released it was said that was a "Typo"