Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555477 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Demetriou says Essendon will not get a soft landing (H-Sun)
« Reply #870 on: July 16, 2013, 03:09:42 AM »
Andrew Demetriou says Essendon will not get a soft landing

Mark Robinson
    July 15, 2013 9:31PM

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou says people should not assume he has set the scene for a soft landing for Essendon in the drugs scandal.

Demetriou said his comments about the "classification issue" of anti-obesity drug AOD-9604 should not be construed as a sign the league was pre-empting the outcome of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority inquiry into the club's supplements program.

He said he was answering a question about the drug that the World Anti-Doping Agency says is banned, but an Australian Crime Commission report said was not on the prohibited list.

"I wasn't pre-empting or softening ... it was one of the more nonsensical things I've heard," Demetriou said.

"I was asked, 'Does the AFL believe AOD-9604 was a banned substance?' I said I'm not giving a running commentary but I will say there is some uncertainty about the status of AOD-9604.

"Why don't people listen to the whole interview (with 3AW's Neil Mitchell).

"We have not got the final report ... and once we get the report, we'll know."

The AFL Commission briefly discussed the drugs saga on Monday night. Demetriou said possible penalties were not raised.

"Because it may or may not come before the commission, we don't discuss much because the report is not finished," he said.

The report is expected next month but will not have any input from the man at the centre of the scandal, sports scientist Stephen Dank.

Despite recently urging Dank to talk to ASADA, Demetriou said Dank had spoken to the ACC.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/andrew-demetriou-says-essendon-will-not-get-a-soft-landing/story-fndv8gad-1226679834717#mm-breached

gerkin greg

Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #871 on: July 16, 2013, 10:17:47 AM »
:bluesbros

What's the name of the place?, ahh, Bob's Country Bunker, here we are

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #872 on: July 16, 2013, 04:09:53 PM »
Brock McLean going off on twittee

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #873 on: July 16, 2013, 04:33:52 PM »
There is no uncertainty about its status!
Just because it is not specifically on the list of banned substances does not mean it is not banned!

How can some one so high powered be so clueless and inept?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #874 on: July 16, 2013, 04:49:55 PM »
There is no uncertainty about its status!
Just because it is not specifically on the list of banned substances does not mean it is not banned!

How can some one so high powered be so clueless and inept?

It's doing my head in these "Wasn't on the banned list" poo.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #875 on: July 16, 2013, 05:19:59 PM »
Aod has been banned since 2011

Demetrio is cutting deals cause he doesn't want his prescious Essen Don to get done

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #876 on: July 16, 2013, 07:06:33 PM »
Apparently with the breaking of the athletics drug scandal on SEN yesterday, there was a massive caller and SMS backlash against the Ox and the other peanut after they said the scandal would make them give up watching mens sprints alike giving up watching mens cycling due to a lack of integrity in the sport.....

The backlash, however, wasn't about giving up watching the sports, but rather, the double standards between their view of mens cycling and sprinting vs the soft touch afforded to essendon.

Fair point too.

Rampstar

« Reply #877 on: July 16, 2013, 08:04:08 PM »
Essendon will get off IMHO. Gerrard Whately had some information that should put them in the clear IMHO on a technicality. Its a disgrace.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #878 on: July 16, 2013, 08:29:02 PM »
Essendon will get off IMHO. Gerrard Whately had some information that should put them in the clear IMHO on a technicality. Its a disgrace.

I haven't watched 360 I was walking the dogs ;D

But even if that is true Ramps the AFL can still whack them for "bringing the game into disrepute" (which they clearly have BTW).

This is the biggest test the AFL has faced in the last 20 odd years if not all time.

Do they have the guts to make a stand, make an example of Essendon and whack them so hard that it will take them decades to comeback from?

I don't think they have a choice but we shall see

The integrity of the enitre competition is at stake, no "ifs", "buts" or "maybes"

they keep telling us the integirty of the competition is paramount let's see if they are prepared to back those words with ruthless action
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #879 on: July 16, 2013, 09:12:34 PM »

they keep telling us the integirty of the competition is paramount let's see if they are prepared to back those words with ruthless action

Reckon that's just talk

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #880 on: July 16, 2013, 09:28:35 PM »
Public relations company earning there keep

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #881 on: July 16, 2013, 09:43:49 PM »
Surprise Surprise

Face it lads a demon style penalty is coming

500k but we will give you 1.5 mil anyway so your net gain is 1mil

Same thing will happen here

1 mil fine is a drop in the ocean for bombers

This AFL is broken. A complete farce of an organisation along with wankharder or whatever their called

I too was walking the dog and actually saw dimwit flog himself at the end of the show through the window, so can someone tell me what the technicality is?

Every other club and its supporters should boycot all bombers games for 2014 then we will see some change. This is going down just as I expected

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #882 on: July 16, 2013, 10:20:33 PM »
Still not over yet

ACC has released a statement today about the status of AOD-9604:

ACC STATEMENT: AOD-9604

Tue, 16/07/2013

The Australian Crime Commission sought expert advice from the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) at the time of developing the Organised Crime and Drugs in Sport report and was advised (correctly) that AOD-9604 is not prohibited under schedule S2 of the WADA prohibited list[1].

The World Anti-Doping Authority (WADA) is the pre-eminent authority and expert in this field and the Australian Crime Commission welcomes the subsequent clarification by WADA on 22 April 2013 of the status of AOD-9604 as a prohibited substance under the S0 classification. The WADA statement confirms that AOD-9604 was a prohibited substance, both in and out of competition, during the period of activity that was investigated by Project Aperio.

The S0 classification reflects WADA’s advice that there is no current approval by any governmental regulatory health authority in the world for human therapeutic use of AOD-9604. One of the concerns held by the ACC during Project Aperio was that professional athletes were being administered substances that had not been approved for use on humans.

John Lawler AM APM
Chief Executive Officer
Australian Crime Commission

http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/media/acc-statement-aod-9604

Bombers are in strife, clarification now received and clear

AOD-9604 is a banned substance under WADA rules

End of story, end of investigation IMHO

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #883 on: July 16, 2013, 10:39:53 PM »
Your clutching WP

It's over let's just hope they get smashed in the finals by the RFC
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #884 on: July 16, 2013, 10:52:36 PM »
Just watching the replay of AFL360 and Gerrard's statements on what he has found out.

After listening to that I agree daniel looks like I 'm clutching now

Understand what Whately was saying and reasonable assumptions made by him based on the info he has received.

Doesn't make it right though

Disgraceful that they are likely to get off, just disgraceful

Though the one sentence that still gives hope that they will get punished is the bit about it being banned while the ACC was doing their investigation that covers the period the Bombers were using the AOD.

Worse thing is The AFL wont have the guts now to do what they need to do because they are too scared and worried about ending up in court