Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555425 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1065 on: July 28, 2013, 12:17:57 PM »
According to Barrett this morning on the Sunday Footy Show, ASADA have been writing up their final report (due to be released August 5) and in the past week Essendon have been made aware of some of the final findings. While ASADA have basically finished with the S.0 stuff (ie. AOD-9604), they have still continued to investigate alleged substances that come under the more serious S.2 clause while they are writing up the final report.

Essendon interim CEO Ray Gunston met with Hird at Hird's house this morning by the way.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1066 on: July 28, 2013, 01:48:29 PM »
James Hird will not step down as Essendon coach despite losing his long-term friend David Evans as chairman on Saturday night, says former Bomber Matthew Lloyd.

Hird also has the support of the club's interim CEO Ray Gunston, who visited the coach at his Toorak home on Sunday morning.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-28/hird-wont-step-down-lloyd

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1067 on: July 28, 2013, 02:00:20 PM »
James Hird lives in Toorak? Lol not even your money will save you now Jimmy

Stuffing prat. Just gives another reason to hate the man and the club

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1068 on: July 28, 2013, 02:01:32 PM »
This is just a personal observation  on my behalf,but its its interesting to note that throughout world sport it appears the really big clubs are the ones pushing the envelope and now getting caught.For eg Juventus in Italy were relegated for some sort of irregular practices,Rangers in Scotland went broke(don't know if that's from irregular practices but nevertheless it happened).Closer to home Melbourne storm,carlton,and weren't the Dons also nailed for salary cap impropriety at one stage,the Crows too.

Juventus were relegated to Serie B for match fixing and AC Milan started the season with a considerable negative points tally.
Clubs in England if they go into administration for whatever reason have 10 points deducted.
As far as I am concerned some of the biggest clubs in the world's most popular sport have not escaped justice let alone this back yard run organisation with amateur leadership at the top.
I find it reprehensible that at this stage of proceedings Vladimir can even consider going overseas and let others speak on his behalf. This organisation is as shambolic as the Essendon Footy Club.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1069 on: July 28, 2013, 02:02:48 PM »
James Hird lives in Toorak? Lol not even your money will save you now Jimmy

Yep it was either Evans or Hird that were going to become scapegoats. Evans chose that.
Hird's name will now be muddied, slurries and scurried for life.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1070 on: July 28, 2013, 02:13:29 PM »
IMHO Andy D wont lose his job.

But as i have always said Essendon are stuffed and will punished. How severely who knows but i don't think they will be playing in finals  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1071 on: July 28, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »
IMHO Andy D wont lose his job.

But as i have always said Essendon are stuffed and will punished. How severely who knows but i don't think they will be playing in finals  ;D

Which pretty much guarantees us a spot. Now for a run at top 4.  :shh

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1072 on: July 28, 2013, 02:40:59 PM »
PS Lloyd can't count out 18 months. Hird is probably gone. That idiot knows nothing.

Rampstar

« Reply #1073 on: July 28, 2013, 03:11:34 PM »
there is a high degree of insanity over on the essendon forums.  theyre all stuffen deluded like poo. its like stuffen jonestown there. :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1074 on: July 28, 2013, 03:22:14 PM »
Read the Mark Robbo thread. I am in stitches.
A lot of drama queens and insomniacs.
Some bloke blaming Robbo for this as he claims he is a Bomber man and sleeping for only 1.5 hrs.
Oh the humanity. :lol :rollin :lol

Comparing this saga to the death of Princess Di. :ROTFL

Even going as far saying when they win the flag this year the Essendon lawyers will buy out Fairfax media and get rid if the anti Essendon journos. :help

Meltdown, meltdown, meltdown. ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1075 on: July 28, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
there is a high degree of insanity over on the essendon forums.  theyre all stuffen deluded like poo. its like stuffen jonestown there. :lol

Windy Hill has been renamed Waco Hill.
EFC= Essendon Football Cult
Time to burn down the house.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1076 on: July 28, 2013, 07:18:45 PM »
Sponsers jumping off  :cheers

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1077 on: July 28, 2013, 07:25:43 PM »
3aw

Four time premiership coach Leigh Matthews has told his brutally honest thoughts on how he thinks James Hird has handled the ASADA investigation in the media, saying he has ‘lost respect’ for the Essendon coach.

“When someone employs a PR person I just lose respect for them,” he said.

“Why do you need someone else to speak on your behalf, he’s a big boy.”

Hird has hired Ian Hanke as his ‘spin doctor’ throughout this ordeal, which does not sit comfortably with the four time premiership coach.

“I lose respect for someone who feels like they need a spin doctor.”

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1078 on: July 28, 2013, 07:33:09 PM »
3aw

Four time premiership coach Leigh Matthews has told his brutally honest thoughts on how he thinks James Hird has handled the ASADA investigation in the media, saying he has ‘lost respect’ for the Essendon coach.

“When someone employs a PR person I just lose respect for them,” he said.

“Why do you need someone else to speak on your behalf, he’s a big boy.”

Hird has hired Ian Hanke as his ‘spin doctor’ throughout this ordeal, which does not sit comfortably with the four time premiership coach.

“I lose respect for someone who feels like they need a spin doctor.”

No less, Ian Hanke is a Liberal Party crony with form. Just how silver spoon hird likes his associates

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1079 on: July 28, 2013, 08:04:23 PM »

HIRD OUT - ROOS IN.
Supposedly this week.Maybe even tomoz!
Caracella and Balmey.