Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555431 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1110 on: July 29, 2013, 10:57:03 PM »
Sick of hearing about this

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1111 on: July 30, 2013, 12:40:41 AM »
 ;D
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1112 on: July 30, 2013, 03:16:35 AM »
ESSENDON players were administered AOD-9604 in the form of a medical cream as well as injections during the club's experimental supplements program.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-administered-aod-9604-in-form-of-a-medical-cream-as-well-as-injections/story-fndv8gad-1226687808608

Paul Little's first public utterances as Essendon chairman were a game-changer in the war between James Hird and Andrew Demetriou.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/stand-in-essendon-chairman-paul-little-first-words-were-a-game-changer/story-fndv8gad-1226687807376

The senior media strategist employed by Essendon at the start of the ASADA investigation into its drugs program has quit the club.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bombers-media-adviser-quits-as-club-changes-tack-20130729-2qv47.html

A leading sports lawyer says Essendon could mount a case for an injunction to play in the finals should it be stripped of premiership points in the football drugs probe, but declares the Bombers will begin ''behind the eight ball'' and will need to produce a ''robust'' argument.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bombers-may-face-finals-fight-20130729-2qv2w.html

Essendon assistant coach Mark Thompson says he and senior coach James Hird would walk out of the club if Bombers players receive infraction notices from anti-doping agencies.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/wed-walk-out-if-players-were-banned-thompson-20130729-2qv9v.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1113 on: July 30, 2013, 06:58:12 AM »
Essendon assistant coach Mark Thompson says he and senior coach James Hird would walk out of the club if Bombers players receive infraction notices from anti-doping agencies.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/wed-walk-out-if-players-were-banned-thompson-20130729-2qv9v.html

Infraction notices or suspensions? Players could get infraction notices and not be suspended

And I think you'll be walking out on your own Bomber, Jimmy Hird wont walk, he's the victim here just ask him
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:34:19 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1114 on: July 30, 2013, 11:28:40 AM »

Infraction notices or suspensions? Players could get infraction notices and not be suspended

And I think you'll be walking out on your own Bomber, Jimmy Hird wont walk, he's the victom here just ask him
Oo scary threat bummers

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1115 on: July 30, 2013, 12:54:22 PM »
EFC going on the offensive could be the best possible outcome. If the delusion of little and turd takes on the courts and AFL hopefully the punishment is the maximum allowable - 2 years bans, everyone fired, no points /  picks for eons. Maybe de registration from the league.  :)

Btw I recommend abusing people in public wearing efc colours - highly enjoyable practice.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 06:27:51 PM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1116 on: July 30, 2013, 02:56:35 PM »
EFC going on the offensive could be the best possible outcome. If the delusion of little and turd takes on the courts and AFL hopefully the punishment is the maximum allowable - 2 years bans, everyone fired, no points /  picks for eons. Maybe due registration from the league.  :)

Btw I recommend abusing people in public wearing efc colours - highly enjoyable practice.
I called one a cheat at Collingwood v GWS.  :cheers

I also told a GWS fan that is team is stuffing poohouse despite AFL handouts. Felt good man  :clapping

As for Bummer saying he and Turd will walk, Turd will push him out the door and lock himself inside and claim victory.  :whistle

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1117 on: July 30, 2013, 06:09:34 PM »
Ch 7 tonight showed a snippet from the Dean Robinson interview and he claims during the interview to hire Danks at Essendon, which Hird and Corcoran conducted, Dank replied to their questions -  "What you're asking me to do is Black Ops".

Essendon are denying it.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1118 on: July 30, 2013, 06:18:16 PM »

Essendon are denying it.

No Way !!!! :o :o :o
Caracella and Balmey.

gerkin greg

« Reply #1119 on: July 30, 2013, 06:30:56 PM »
Black Ops lmfao

More like Tropic thunder

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
James Hird denies fresh claims by Dean Robinson on drugs saga (H-Sun)
« Reply #1120 on: July 30, 2013, 07:20:11 PM »
James Hird denies fresh claims on drugs saga

Mark Robinson
    Herald Sun
    July 30, 2013 6:34PM

JAMES Hird faces fresh allegations over the drugs saga, this time that he was part of a discussion over whether the club’s supplement operation should be "black ops''.

The Bombers today fiercely rejected the claims made by former high performance manager Dean Robinson.

Hird and football boss Danny Corcoran were linked to the discussion, claimed to have included former sports scientist Stephen Dank.

Robinson has claimed in an interview with Channel Seven, to be broadcast in full tomorrow: "Stephen Dank said: 'What you are asking me to do is black ops’.’’

The Bombers hit back at the claims tonight, saying: "As has previously been stated, James Hird emphasised that the supplements program run by Stephen Dank and Dean Robinson must be legal according to WADA and the AFL, must be approved by the club doctor, must be given with the consent of the player and must not harm the player,'' the Bombers said.

"James Hird and Danny Corcoran never said the program should be run as a 'black op’.

"This is nonsense and categorically rejected by the club. This assertion is slanderous.''

Robinson who was stood down by Essendon in February when the Bombers "self-reported'' with concerns about its sports science program in 2012 resigned from the club last Friday.

"I’m in tears, I’m shaking.’’ He said of the moment when he was moved out.

And he lashed out at his treatment by the club in the interview, saying: "The worst thing is walking in and seeing my kids and realising everything I’ve worked for, everything I tried to do for my family - Essendon is targeting me.’’

Robinson is reportedly set to take legal action against the club.

Robinson's departure followed that of other key players in the Essendon investigation.

Sports scientist Dank and former football department boss Paul Hamilton went last year; while former CEO Ian Robson resigned in May this year.

Robinson's later resignation came just a day before David Evans stood down as chairman.

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/national-news/victoria/james-hird-denies-fresh-claims-on-drugs-saga/story-fnii5sms-1226688312161#ixzz2aWERqYsU

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1121 on: July 30, 2013, 07:35:07 PM »

gerkin greg

« Reply #1122 on: July 30, 2013, 08:05:16 PM »
We should get the Weapon in, seems like a top bloke and did good work at the Cattery

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Essendon in AFL drug probe
« Reply #1123 on: July 30, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »
Wonder how many Bummer players will sue the club before they leave
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
James Hird faces claims he backed Essendon supplements program (ABC)
« Reply #1124 on: July 31, 2013, 12:23:17 AM »
According to the 7.30 report, Hird backed the supplements program because he was obsessed with Hawthorn, Collingwood and West Coast and allegedly believed they were pushing the boundaries.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/james-hird-allegedly-believed-collingwood-hawthorn-and-west-coast-were-pushing-the-boundaries/story-fndv8gad-1226688416519

Full transcript below:

James Hird faces claims he backed Essendon supplements program

Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Broadcast: 30/07/2013
Reporter: Caro Meldurm-Hanna

AFL club Essendon has been at the centre of an investigation into a controversial supplements regime and there are now claims that coach James Hird was behind that regime from

LEIGH SALES: Pressure is mounting on one of the legends of Australian football as the anti-doping authority ASADA prepares to release its report on the use of performance enhancing supplements by the Essendon AFL club.

Bombers coach and former champion James Hird is tonight at the centre of the gathering storm. Hird has always maintained he did nothing wrong but there's growing evidence that he played a central role in the supplements program run by the controversy biochemist Steve Dank which it seems was driven by an obsessive urge to beat the Bombers' on field rivals.

Caro Meldrum-Hanna has this exclusive report.

COMMENTATOR: James Hird led the Bombers out.

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA, REPORTER: He's the golden boy of the AFL.

COMMENTATOR: Hird wrote his name into the record books kicking the opening goal.

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA: James Hird, Essendon's favourite son, a star player with more than 250 games to his name and a Brownlow Medal under his belt.

BROWNLOW HOST: Essendon, J Hird.

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA: When James Hird hung up his boots in 2007, he was already anointed as a future Bombers coach. Entrusted with the task of restoring the club to its former greatness.

JAMES HIRD, ESSENDON COACH: We know that there's enormous upside if we get this right, there's also an enormous downside if we don't.

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA: To get there James Hird needed a plan and some outside help. In mid 2011 a new high performance unit was born, headed up by seasoned NRL trainer Dean Robinson. He quickly recruited biochemist Steve Dank and the pair began planning a secret supplements regime. By August 2011 a series of text messages show the program was under way.

And a delivery of Actovegin an extract filtered from calf's blood was en route to Essendon.

(Extract of text between Dean Robinson and Steve Dank)

DEAN ROBINSON: Can you send me through all supporting docs for Actovegin tonight so I can give to Reidy tmw please. Hirdy has also said send it and we'll pay even if we don't use it.

(End of extract)

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA: Around a month and a half later in October 2011 a key meeting was held here at James Hird's home in the Melbourne suburb of Toorak.

'7:30' understands the three architects of Essendon's supplements regime were in attendance - coach Hird, Dean Robinson and Steve Dank. Coach Hird told Dank he was now part of the club's inner sanctum. Steve Dank has told '7:30' that a detailed discussion ensued about how a supplements program could boost the performance and recovery speeds of players and that Hird went on to tell Dank that although he had no evidence, he believed Collingwood were on a secret human growth hormone program. Dank says Hird instructed him to focus on matching the physical strength of the Magpies using any legal means possible.

COMMENTATOR: A Collingwood win!

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA: Come early April 2012 behind closed doors the supplements regime at Essendon was in full swing. But publicly the players were suffering an unusually high number of soft tissue injuries. James Hird text Steve Dank asking him what was going on.

(Extract of text between James Hird and Steve Dank)

JAMES HIRD: Why do you reckon we are getting all the injuries?

STEVE DANK: I need to use much more placenta cells and Actovegin... West Coast, Hawthorne and Collingwood's tissues are biologically advanced. We need to change our biology for a little while.

(End of extract)

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA: The conversations reveal another driving force behind the supplements program. James Hird's obsession was arch rival Hawthorn.

JAMES HIRD: I hate them more than anyone.

STEVE DANK: Remember everyone is the enemy and everyone has to be bled. That way you just don't take comfort in tearing Hawthorne apart you take pride in tearing the competition apart. I also know that they are trying everything they can in supplements and recovery modes to win this premiership.

JAMES HIRD: But not as good as un in that area.

(End of extract)

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA: Dank and Hird were also focused on powerhouse club West Coast.

JAMES HIRD: They are definitely up to something.

STEVE DANK: They are another level of athleticism within this competition. They are THE team to chase. I need to reinvent a couple of things to chase these guys.

(End of extract)

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA: By mid April 2012 James Hird was facing a big challenge, a round four clash against Carlton followed four days later by the annual Anzac Day game against Collingwood.

JAMES HIRD: You bring in fresh legs or do you go with guys who really performed well for us on the weekend. I don't think you should throw good form out.

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA: The supplements regime intensified.

STEVE DANK: This afternoon's group went very well on hyperbaric. All injections completed for the week.

JAMES HIRD: Good news. Let's take it up to the blues.

STEVE DANK: We will be those *****.

(End of extract)

COMMENTATOR: He kicks the goal and Essendon lead by 34 points.

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA: After a 30 point win against Carlton the Bombers had only three days to recover for the big game against the Magpies.

COMMENTATOR 2: The MCG Anzac Day 2012.

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA: It was the impressive speed of their recovery in between games that's reportedly caught the attention of Australia's anti doping regulator ASADA.

COMMENTATOR 3: Essendon draw level.

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA: The findings of ASADA's investigation into the Bombers' supplements regime are expected to be handed down next week.

REPORTER: Are you going to continue on coaching, James?

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA: Meanwhile the woes at Essendon continue. Over the weekend more key staffers have walked away from the club, including chairman David Evans and high performance manager Dean Robinson. It's a remarkable list of casualties, considering the man at the centre of it all is the only man still standing.

LEIGH SALES: Caro Meldrum-Hanna reporting.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2013/s3814616.htm
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:01:32 AM by one-eyed »