Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555463 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1125 on: July 31, 2013, 12:45:01 AM »
"take pride in tearing the competition apart."   

Going well, James!
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1126 on: July 31, 2013, 01:29:29 AM »
"take pride in tearing the competition apart."   

Going well, James!
Sounded good at the time I guess.  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dons told drug was not legal (Age)
« Reply #1127 on: July 31, 2013, 01:54:31 AM »
Dons told drug was not legal

Nick McKenzie and Richard Baker
     The Age
    July 31, 2013

ASADA investigators have seized documents found inside the Essendon Football Club's headquarters that claim the anti-obesity drug at the centre of the doping inquiry was being used by bodybuilders as a "safe alternative" to banned human growth hormones.

The documents were given to Essendon in 2012, written by the Melbourne firm that developed the drug and asserted that if the product was "legal" its use would be more widespread.

"If AOD [anti-obesity drug AOD9604] was legal/more easily obtainable, users advise they would use AOD more often," the documents state, while also claiming the drug had a following among bodybuilders with "years of experience injecting anabolic steroids".

"We are informed by Californian gym owner that professional bodybuilders use AOD as a safe alternative to hGh to [reduce] . . . body fat."

When asked about the documents — which Fairfax Media has confirmed were held in 2012 by a still-serving Essendon official – a club spokesman said it was "untrue" the club had such files.

The spokesman said the club had instead relied on an email sent to its former sports scientist Stephen Dank by the company that developed the drug and which ''specially references that AOD9604 is not a banned substance by any drug-testing authority''.

But sources within Essendon have privately conceded that the documents – a 16-page corporate presentation written by Metabolic Pharmaceutical in late 2010 – should have prompted more due diligence by the club about the use of AOD9604. 

The drug is yet to be approved for human therapeutic use and is banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency under clause S0, which prohibits substances that are not authorised for medical use.

The documents are among several pieces of information gained by ASADA that reveal the risky nature of Essendon's sports science program and the failure of senior club officials to heed warnings that it might breach anti-doping rules or endanger the welfare of players.

Fairfax Media can also reveal that ASADA has uncovered a bill sent to Essendon in late 2012 by South Yarra hyperbaric chamber clinic owner Mal Hooper, who was working with Mr Dank to treat players. The bill for more than $60,000 included $2800 for the use of unspecified ''amino acids''.

It is understood the AFL and ASADA have been unable to confirm what drug the ''amino acids'' referred to, but have been told that despite the bill alarming several senior club officials, it prompted no decision to call in ASADA or the AFL.

Investigators have also obtained text messages from Essendon's former high performance coach Dean Robinson in which he cautioned Mr Dank that some of the peptides the sports scientist was considering using at the club could potentially break the anti-doping code.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dons-told-drug-was-not-legal-20130730-2qxqq.html

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1128 on: July 31, 2013, 04:40:13 AM »
The bill for more than $60,000 included $2800 for the use of unspecified ''amino acids''.

It is understood the AFL and ASADA have been unable to confirm what drug the ''amino acids'' referred to,

McVeigh
February 07, 2013 12:00AM

"Every player knew what they were taking. It was listed and we knew it was within the rules,"

"If you don't know, you must have been asleep in the meetings, which, you know what, Reimers probably was.

"Reimers has come out and said some things which are untrue (because) he is a disgruntled player that was delisted from the football club that very rarely turned up to pre-season training in any sort of form that would resemble a professional footballer now."

McVeigh, 32,  "shocked" "dragged through the mud"

"We'd never gone into some of the supplements ... that we were going to take (last year),"

McVeigh said he was 100 per cent comfortable with the supplement treatment and insisted the vitamin booster injections were simply to help lift immunity and energy levels.

"We were taken off-site into a sterile environment (because) footy clubs sometimes can be not that clean - filthy, absolutely filthy,"

"So we were taken into a sterile environment and the only injections that I ever had was a vitamin C or vitamin B injection, which would be at the time I had a little baby girl.

"I wasn't getting much sleep. I was run down. I had a bit of a cold.

"I had a vitamin C injection. It is not uncommon. Natural vitamins they are.

"That's all they were, nothing any more sinister than that."

If we ask the players we will get all the answers.  :nope :yep

The spokesman said the club had instead relied on an email sent to its former sports scientist Stephen Dank by the company that developed the drug and which ''specially references that AOD9604 is not a banned substance by any drug-testing authority''.

But sources within Essendon have privately conceded that the documents – a 16-page corporate presentation written by Metabolic Pharmaceutical in late 2010 – should have prompted more due diligence by the club about the use of AOD9604. 

The drug is yet to be approved for human therapeutic use and is banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency under clause S0, which prohibits substances that are not authorised for medical use.

Tim Watson
February 6, 2013

"One would think that everybody within their football club has the checks and balances whereby they know the people they're employing, they know the substances and the composition of any substances being given to the players as well ... getting their players fitter and faster and stronger, they're going to push those because that's what being in an elite environment is all about,

"But I hope that the correct checks and balances and the correct checks on the people are conducted before you employ them, because then you know exactly what it is that's going on within your football club."

‘‘I’m bewildered that this could possibly even take place in a modern-day, AFL, professional football club. It beggars belief, at face value, they have allowed what has been reported to occur.’’

:nope :yep

Mr James Hird
Feb 5

It's hard to make comment, um, but, I - look, I will make comment to these upsetting claims, but at present, I can't because of the AFL and ASADA investigation, and once my part of that is finished, I will response to these very upsetting claims. Thank you. That's all I'll say.

I'm very disappointed, shocked, I think probably the best word. We believe that as the leader of the football department, as the coach take full responsibility of what happens within our football department and I'm shocked to be sitting here, really.

TEXT MESSAGE FROM JAMES HIRD TO STEVE DANKS (male voiceover): "Good work today, mate. The boys were up and about. We have a lot of work to do."

TEXT MESSAGE FROM STEVE DANKS TO JAMES HIRD (male voiceover): "IV start next week. And Thymosin with Uniquinone. We will start to see some real effects."

TEXT MESSAGE FROM STEVE DANKS TO JAMES HIRD (male voiceover): "That is the IV list that will be completed by Wednesday night."

TEXT MESSAGE FROM JAMES HIRD TO STEVE DANKS (male voiceover): "Good work, mate. ******* rang me tonight. Said how good he felt after he saw you."

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA: A few days later, Dank was offering more to Hird:

TEXT MESSAGE FROM STEVE DANKS TO JAMES HIRD (male voiceover): "We have Cerebrolysin. Will reoxygenate and recirculate the brain. We will also be getting Solcoseryl."

CARO MELDRUM-HANNA: Cerebrolysin is a neurological treatment made from pig brain proteins designed to enhance cognitive function. 7.30 can confirm it is not prohibited for use in sport. The other substance, Solcoseryl, stimulates tissue regeneration. It, too, isn't specifically banned by ASADA. By April, 2012, Dank was confident his supplements regime was having the desired effect.

TEXT MESSAGE FROM STEVE DANKS TO JAMES HIRD (male voiceover): "All IV and injections completed."

TEXT MESSAGE FROM JAMES HIRD TO STEVE DANKS (male voiceover): "Great work, mate. Would be a great effort to have them feeling fresh for Anzac Day."

:bluesbros
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:06:33 AM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1129 on: July 31, 2013, 01:45:50 PM »
Collingwood president Eddie McGuire was dumbfounded by the suggestions.

McGuire, currently in the US as part of an AFL delegation that includes AFL chief Andrew Demetriou, Hawthorn president Andrew Newbold and West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett, said he nearly "spat his cornflakes across the room" after reading the report.

"It came as a total shock to me, or to us," McGuire told Triple M on Wednesday morning.

"I really don't have anything to say about it, it's got nothing to do with us and I suppose the story was more about giving an insight into what was happening at Windy Hill or their thought process at the time.

"So it's got nothing to do with us, you know we get tested all the time and basically that's it. There's nothing really to say.

"We've not ever been under any suspicion and we continue to be in that situation."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/james-hird-allegedly-believed-collingwood-hawthorn-and-west-coast-were-pushing-the-boundaries/story-fndv8gad-1226688416519#mm-breached

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1130 on: July 31, 2013, 03:53:41 PM »
Translation of Eddie

"What's important here is that Essendon are punished to the maximum, not whether other clubs are taking PED's"
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1131 on: July 31, 2013, 06:11:16 PM »
Dean Robinson's latest claims from Ch 7 news:

* Hird discussed about using Hexarelin in the program.
* Players were given substances in January 2012 before signing those consent forms.
* Only when players started questioning what was being put in their bodies did Robinson called a meeting of the whole player group in February 2012 and players were made to sign consent forms

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:34:40 PM by one-eyed »

dwaino

« Reply #1132 on: July 31, 2013, 06:19:57 PM »
Not sure i heard correctly as our workshop is pretty noisy sometimes, but I think I heard Brownless say on Triple M this arvo that Essendon have requested a slot on the Footy Show tomorrow night? I guess they want to try and cover up anything damaging said in tonight's interview.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1133 on: July 31, 2013, 06:25:17 PM »
Mark Stevens on Ch 7 news tonight has also said tonight that Zaharakis refused to take any part in the Essendon drug program. "Sources" told Ch 7 it was his own personal choice and reflects how widespread the program was.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1134 on: July 31, 2013, 07:26:09 PM »
Aaaaa nd bring the weapon on

dwaino

« Reply #1135 on: July 31, 2013, 08:50:36 PM »
Waterworks within minutes.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1136 on: July 31, 2013, 09:01:15 PM »
Don't know what to believe. Think I'll choose Robinson because that stuffs Hird around  ;D

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1137 on: July 31, 2013, 09:25:06 PM »
All lagging rats.

What a surprise  :o
Caracella and Balmey.

dwaino

« Reply #1138 on: July 31, 2013, 09:27:10 PM »
Don't know what to believe. Think I'll choose Robinson because that stuffs Hird around  ;D

;D

Definitely just one blokes word against another. But regardless of any spin or subjectivity he wouldn't be outright making the whole thing up. You can piece it together, club is rooted.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1139 on: July 31, 2013, 09:32:53 PM »

;D

Definitely just one blokes word against another. But regardless of any spin or subjectivity he wouldn't be outright making the whole thing up. You can piece it together, club is rooted.

Agree, they are stuffed. The whole lot of em  :help
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S