Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555428 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1275 on: August 07, 2013, 03:06:47 AM »
Bye bye  :lol :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1276 on: August 07, 2013, 04:17:59 AM »
Got to love how McKenzie and Baker in the Age nail Essendon with info leaked from the investigation everytime after Essendon have leaked Bomber-friendly spin  ;D.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1277 on: August 07, 2013, 09:01:01 AM »
 :clapping

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1278 on: August 07, 2013, 10:09:59 AM »
Die die die

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1279 on: August 07, 2013, 10:25:42 AM »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1280 on: August 07, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »
Got to love how McKenzie and Baker in the Age nail Essendon with info leaked from the investigation everytime after Essendon have leaked Bomber-friendly spin  ;D.

Yep it's a bonus no doubt

But it is still disappointing and wrong that the contents of the report are being leaked. Not the way it should be

But despite all that I reckon it is fair to say the EFC is absolutely STUFFED now

No doubt they will fight any penalty handed down by the AFL but that will just be another case of them holding the game, the other clubs and most importantly the fans of the game in utter contempt.

Through this whole sordid saga from when they introduced this "program" to now they have believed they are above the rules of the game, untouchable because they are Essendon.

They are not untouchable.  :banghead :banghead

They are in no particular order loathsome, shameful, despicable, untrustworthy, dishonest, abhorrent and replusive (+ plenty more)

If they don't like the penalties then hit them harder, revoke their license, keep hitting them until they get the message

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1281 on: August 07, 2013, 10:54:10 AM »
Give the licence to Tassie. It's the only way.  :clapping

Rampstar

« Reply #1282 on: August 07, 2013, 12:20:03 PM »
Essendon are in deep trouble but for me the outcome I want is for them to be stripped of draft picks in the next 2 or 3 national drafts as that will hit them terribly. Financially they are a rich club and will pay the fines easily not sure however if there players are outed and the players start suing them how theyd go then but Essendon has money. They wont win the flag this year, I dont want them to lose points this year, I prefer for them to play in the finals and get put out, but for them to have say a 28 point penalty in season 2014 and say 20 point penalty in 2015. That would stuff em good and proper.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1283 on: August 07, 2013, 12:33:59 PM »
Agree Ramps. Starting on negative points is the way to go. They are still playing for something each week which will keep the broadcasters happy.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1284 on: August 07, 2013, 01:06:07 PM »
Twitter turd gone

:shh

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1285 on: August 07, 2013, 01:11:23 PM »
n AFLCA spokesperson has confirmed James Hird can be sanctioned under the relevant guidelines for alleged and proven personal use of the WADA banned substance Hexarelin.

In a statement to Bound For Glory News, a spokesperson for the AFL Coaches Association indicated that under Section 3 of the AFL’s Anti-Doping and Illicit Drugs Policy, AFL coaches are listed under ‘Club Officers’ under subsection 3.1 (b).

The spokesperson for the Coaches Association was adamant Hird was bound by the AFL’s Anti-Doping Code.

“As senior coaches, they must adhere to the Rules and Regulations of the AFL. This includes the Anti-Doping and Illicit Drugs Policy, but also Racial and Religious Vilification Policy, Respect and Responsibility Policy and any others as determined by the AFL.”

In April, News Limited reported Hird was injected numerous times with the WADA-banned substance Hexarelin.

Both former Essenon fitness guru Dean Robinson and sports scientist Stephen Dank have claimed on separate occasions that Hird and other Essendon coaching staff were injected with Hexarelin on multiple occasions, although Hird denies the claims.
There have also been claims that invoices for the drug were processed by Essendon, something the club denies.

Hird has denied these claims he was injected with the banned drug.

Hexarelin is listed as a Schedule 2 banned substance by WADA and ASADA. Punishment for use of a Schedule 2 involves a two-year suspension which can be brought down to six months if a number of conditions, including full co-operation by the athlete or coach in question, are met.

The AFL has been contacted for comment.

More to follow.

http://boundforglorynews.com/aflca-hird-can-be-sanctioned-for-alleged-hexarelin-use/

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1286 on: August 07, 2013, 01:31:43 PM »
Essendon are in deep trouble but for me the outcome I want is for them to be stripped of draft picks in the next 2 or 3 national drafts as that will hit them terribly. Financially they are a rich club and will pay the fines easily not sure however if there players are outed and the players start suing them how theyd go then but Essendon has money. They wont win the flag this year, I dont want them to lose points this year, I prefer for them to play in the finals and get put out, but for them to have say a 28 point penalty in season 2014 and say 20 point penalty in 2015. That would stuff em good and proper.

My preference is for them to stripped of thier points this year as they don't deserve to play finals

However, your scenario works for me Ramps.  :clapping

Though I am not sure about their finances these days seeing they are building that facility out at the Airport and they didn't get all the funding they wanted from the Govts. So they may have had to go the bank so.......... :whistle
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1287 on: August 07, 2013, 01:36:53 PM »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1288 on: August 07, 2013, 01:42:48 PM »
I feel sorry for James. He's obviously headed down the wrong path with all these supplements.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 02:08:37 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

gerkin greg

« Reply #1289 on: August 07, 2013, 01:47:52 PM »

ahh the good old days
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 02:09:01 PM by WilliamPowell »