Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555414 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1815 on: August 23, 2013, 11:34:32 AM »
Poor James doesnt want it to be about him  :'(

dwaino

« Reply #1816 on: August 23, 2013, 12:42:51 PM »
Poor James doesnt want it to be about him  :'(

Leave Jimmy alone!!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:07:34 PM by one-eyed »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1817 on: August 23, 2013, 12:50:15 PM »
Oh my :o
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1818 on: August 23, 2013, 12:54:12 PM »
Apparently it's only from the HUN site, afl and Turd in talks now.

They are suggesting draft picks might be off the table. I hope not otherwise the AfL are a bigger joke than previously thought.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1819 on: August 23, 2013, 01:02:53 PM »
Hopefully they just use them on re drafting banned players. Or more David Myers.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1820 on: August 23, 2013, 01:12:18 PM »
Andrew Demetriou fully expects to sit on the AFL Commission meeting next Monday, despite the James Hird writ that has asked him to step aside from that role.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-23/chief-not-stepping-aside

Tim Watson has described as 'disgusting' claims he has become an unemotional spokesperson during the Essendon supplements saga. Watson revealed he had had a conversation with Wilson, leaving no doubt as to how disappointed he was with her article.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-23/fairfax-claims-disgusting-watson

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1821 on: August 23, 2013, 01:14:29 PM »

They are suggesting draft picks might be off the table. I hope not otherwise the AfL are a bigger joke than previously thought.

Reports says EFC & AFL in talks not EFC, Hird & AFL

It also says under the deal they will lose their points and NOT play in the finals

ESSENDON is locked in talks with the AFL that could see James Hird stand down as coach

This morning Bombers assistant coach Simon Goodwin insisted Hird would coach against Carlton tomorrow "as far as I know" after Hird pulled out of the scheduled press conference.

But discussions with the AFL in a bid to end the dispute could result in Hird standing aside and the club being stripped of its 2013 premiership points - ruling it out of the finals.

But the Bombers could retain their draft picks under the deal, The Australian reports.

Under the proposed settlement Hird would be free to continue his legal action against the AFL and defend the charges against him.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/assistant-coach-simon-goodwin-declares-james-hird-will-coach-essendon-against-carlton/story-fnelctok-1226702085001
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1822 on: August 23, 2013, 01:16:57 PM »
The Australian Article:

James Hird could leave Essendon in AFL deal
by: Chip Le Grand

JAMES Hird could stand down as Essendon coach under a settlement to the supplement scandal being negotiated between the club and AFL.

The Australian understands the AFL and the club are currently locked in discussions to finalise a resolution to the damaging dispute.

Under the terms being negotiated, Hird would step down as Essendon coach and the Bombers would be stripped of all premiership points for this season.

The club would retain its draft picks and the allegations against Essendon would be substantially downgraded to reflect poor management and governance, rather than doping.

Hird who would be free continue his legal action against the AFL and defend the charges against him.

Hird, Essendon football manger Danny Corcoran, assistant coach Mark Thompson and club doctor Bruce Reid would still face charges of conduct unbecoming or prejudicial to the interests of the AFL.

The agreement, if accepted, would result in the club taking no part in next month's finals series. However, the retention of draft picks will ensure the fall-out from the crisis is largely limited to this season.

The agreement would enable the AFL's case against Essendon to be resolved at Monday's AFL Commission meeting, bringing closure to the most damaging scandal the game has faced.

Hird today was this morning unable to attend a scheduled press conference with an Essendon spokesman saying he was stuck in meetings.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/pointless-bombers-lose-james-hird/story-e6frg7mf-1226702664839

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1823 on: August 23, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »

Tim Watson has described as 'disgusting' claims he has become an unemotional spokesperson during the Essendon supplements saga. Watson revealed he had had a conversation with Wilson, leaving no doubt as to how disappointed he was with her article.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-23/fairfax-claims-disgusting-watson

Thought she made it clear she knew he was in a tough spot?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1824 on: August 23, 2013, 01:37:59 PM »
The Australian Article:

James Hird could leave Essendon in AFL deal
by: Chip Le Grand

JAMES Hird could stand down as Essendon coach under a settlement to the supplement scandal being negotiated between the club and AFL.

The Australian understands the AFL and the club are currently locked in discussions to finalise a resolution to the damaging dispute.

Under the terms being negotiated, Hird would step down as Essendon coach and the Bombers would be stripped of all premiership points for this season.

The club would retain its draft picks and the allegations against Essendon would be substantially downgraded to reflect poor management and governance, rather than doping.

Hird who would be free continue his legal action against the AFL and defend the charges against him.

Hird, Essendon football manger Danny Corcoran, assistant coach Mark Thompson and club doctor Bruce Reid would still face charges of conduct unbecoming or prejudicial to the interests of the AFL.

The agreement, if accepted, would result in the club taking no part in next month's finals series. However, the retention of draft picks will ensure the fall-out from the crisis is largely limited to this season.

The agreement would enable the AFL's case against Essendon to be resolved at Monday's AFL Commission meeting, bringing closure to the most damaging scandal the game has faced.

Hird today was this morning unable to attend a scheduled press conference with an Essendon spokesman saying he was stuck in meetings.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/pointless-bombers-lose-james-hird/story-e6frg7mf-1226702664839
The AFL is clearly trying to drive a wedge between the club and Hird but if they are the sanctions then Essendon is getting off with just a slap on the wrist  :banghead. Their season is gone and they won't survive the first week of the finals anyway so barring them from the finals is a non-event. if you want to punish a club then you take their draft picks away over more than one season. That then stuffs them up for the next 5-10 years. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1825 on: August 23, 2013, 01:53:23 PM »

Reports says EFC & AFL in talks not EFC, Hird & AFL

It also says under the deal they will lose their points and NOT play in the finals

ESSENDON is locked in talks with the AFL that could see James Hird stand down as coach

This morning Bombers assistant coach Simon Goodwin insisted Hird would coach against Carlton tomorrow "as far as I know" after Hird pulled out of the scheduled press conference.

But discussions with the AFL in a bid to end the dispute could result in Hird standing aside and the club being stripped of its 2013 premiership points - ruling it out of the finals.

But the Bombers could retain their draft picks under the deal, The Australian reports.

Under the proposed settlement Hird would be free to continue his legal action against the AFL and defend the charges against him.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/assistant-coach-simon-goodwin-declares-james-hird-will-coach-essendon-against-carlton/story-fnelctok-1226702085001

i know exactly what was said WP. Its from the Australian so certainly does carry more weight, however i dont care for their removal from 2013 finals, as much as i care that Hird cops his whack and draft penalties for 13/14

This is top of my list in terms of what penalty they should cop. This is how you hurt a club. Individuals can be replaced. Money can be borrowed but the drafting of young kids, history tells us destroys clubs.

This will hurt more, withn the anticipated departure of  TBC, among others.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1826 on: August 23, 2013, 02:46:46 PM »
If Hird told them to jump off a bridge...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

gerkin greg

« Reply #1828 on: August 23, 2013, 03:05:40 PM »
Draft picks and Hird banned or GTFO

Crows do a dodgy third party deal that doesnt even put them over the salary cap and their administrators get bans and loss of draft picks for 2 years

Essendon run an experimental drug lab and the AFL give them a wristy

FO

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1829 on: August 23, 2013, 03:16:57 PM »
"I think the welfare of our players is something that we all hold in high regard and are very concerned about, so it was very concerning to hear it," Hird said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-23/mums-lament-worries-hird

Yeah right! :rollin
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd