Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555442 times)

Gigantor

Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1890 on: August 25, 2013, 10:56:49 AM »
I like WPs idea of the fine going to the other 17 clubs .Any advantage the Dons gained throughtout this period from using whatever they used would be neutralised by the other clubs getting some monetary compensation.

Gigantor

« Reply #1891 on: August 25, 2013, 11:10:09 AM »
I was never a huge Dons hater I reserved that for the blues and pies. However from now on this club ,in my eyes anyway will be tainted with what has occurred .It is indeed unfortunate to what lengths we humans will resort to for the sake of winning ,whereby we place at risk the very people we have under our care.
But should we expect anything different ,for the same mistakes are repeated again ,again throughout history

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1892 on: August 25, 2013, 11:25:10 AM »
How can they just give a 12 month suspension to someone who experiments on kids?
Lifetime ban for this piece of scum

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1893 on: August 25, 2013, 11:27:48 AM »
Every commentator seems to go to great lengths that they don't think Essendon was trying to cheat. Can they explain what exactly do they think they were trying to do then? I'd rather be called a cheat than to be accused of doing medical experimentations on kids. I don't follow their logic and wish they'd explain a bit more.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1894 on: August 25, 2013, 12:00:14 PM »
Every commentator seems to go to great lengths that they don't think Essendon was trying to cheat. Can they explain what exactly do they think they were trying to do then? I'd rather be called a cheat than to be accused of doing medical experimentations on kids. I don't follow their logic and wish they'd explain a bit more.

Funny we were talking about this exact same thing last night over dinner what exactly were they were trying to do? Consensus? They were trying to win anyway they could without consideration of the consequences.

It doesn't matter what the EFC chose to call it, what the final charges are called the facts are as far as the average fan is concerned the EFC cheated to try and win.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1895 on: August 25, 2013, 12:06:27 PM »

Funny we were talking about this exact same thing last night over dinner what exactly were they were trying to do? Consensus? They were trying to win anyway they could without consideration of the consequences.

It doesn't matter what the EFC chose to call it, what the final charges are caled the facts are as far as the average is concerned the EFC cheated to try and win.
To blasphemise Alan Jeans, "Cheaters are like sausages, you can fry them, grill them, bake them, they’re still cheaters.”

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1896 on: August 25, 2013, 12:07:00 PM »
How can they just give a 12 month suspension to someone who experiments on kids?
Lifetime ban for this piece of scum

This is why I'm too concerned if the players don't get sanctioned. It is the club and the decision makers that need to be punished

They may have been naive and overly trusting, but really they are victims of this uncaring ruthless attitude by those who had the power, in their self serving search for glory, in particular the young ones who really would not be in a position to question those that are employed to look after them.

after listening to the bird claiming to be the mother of a player, would people feel that that player in question needs to now feel the full weight of the law?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1897 on: August 25, 2013, 12:08:02 PM »
i know exactly how it works and i still maintain ASADA have no got idea what they are doing and players will get off.

Do you really? Then why do you keep on insisting the the AFL do ASADAS's job and ASADA do the AFL job?

Which part of the ASADA report being interim so therefore ASADA cannot /will not lay charges don't you understand?

With the ASADA report being interim how can the AFL lay any charges when they have no infraction notices to act on?

That's the process rightly or wrongly that the AFL has to follow being a signatory of the WADA code

Get the feeling form the rest of your post it won't matter what the penalty is it won't be enough and that your right. 
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1898 on: August 25, 2013, 12:16:33 PM »
He's a sly dog

Question: Do you regret undertaking that supplement program now?

Hird: That's a really interesting question. I'd probably like to answer that (trails off) ... Do I regret? I certainly regret what's happened in 2012, some certain aspects of what's happened in 2012. I think the whole club does.

Most people regret things always after the fact

Offline froars

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1899 on: August 25, 2013, 12:24:49 PM »
If he was in jail and had to go before the Parole Board to explain why he should be released, and one of the things they'd be looking at is acceptance of the crime, genuine remorse and a willingness to change his life. 

You don't see any of that in James.  He's still playing the victim card, and I definitely won't be pardoning him like the media seem to be by blowing up his arse.

PS:  I've been away from here for a while, just had to express my thoughts haha

As you were lol

GO TIGES!!!  :gotigers

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1900 on: August 25, 2013, 12:39:09 PM »
Daniel - I agree the game has less creditiblity than World Wrestling Entertainment.

The only saving grace IMO is WADA come over the top. I dont see how you can get off the TB4. God forbid the AFL make a deal with WADA.  :banghead

I assume this is not possible / legal but the world we live in is very dodgy. That said this organisation has taken down the worlds biggest drug cheats so i doubt they are scared of a club in the western suburbs of a country at the bottom of the world.

If you (an employee of essendon football club) puts WADA banned drugs into needles and inject them into the playing group in what possible way are you not trying to cheat? IMO the media just do not want to label EFC as drug cheats despite the fact blind Freddie can see drug cheating is taking place.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:00:36 PM by Bentleigh-esque »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1901 on: August 25, 2013, 12:58:11 PM »
i know exactly how it works and i still maintain ASADA have no got idea what they are doing and players will get off.

Do you really? Then why do you keep on insisting the the AFL do ASADAS's job and ASADA do the AFL job?

Which part of the ASADA report being interim so therefore ASADA cannot /will not lay charges don't you understand?

With the ASADA report being interim how can the AFL lay any charges when they have no infraction notices to act on?

That's the process rightly or wrongly that the AFL has to follow being a signatory of the WADA code

Get the feeling form the rest of your post it won't matter what the penalty is it won't be enough and that your right.

well your last line is wrong.

Since that Dank interview came to light my view has changed.
Anything less than player sanctions would be a farce. I cant and wont accept that Watson won the brownlow off his own bat. That medal is worthless in my eyes and he cheated his way to the podium.

You think its part of the process, which it is, i think it will result in players getting off through some side deal.

Lees defence was he thought it didnt contain steroids and still copped 18 months

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1902 on: August 25, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
couldnt agree more DannyBhoy

Snowsen, cousin of baker / mckenzie  :shh
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 02:11:18 PM by Bentleigh-esque »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1903 on: August 25, 2013, 01:27:41 PM »

It doesn't matter what the EFC chose to call it, what the final charges are called the facts are as far as the average fan is concerned the EFC cheated to try and win.

Exactly. What else were they trying to do?

Hird is only sorry they got caught. There is no true remorse.

Theres been a softening of rhetoric since the report was released, and the mothers phone call to mmm, but its still PR spin.

Had to laugh when at the post game press conference last night, Hird was asked about the Carlton fans booing Watson, to which Hird responded that he didnt understand the reason behind why they were booing him. UMMMMMM, PERHAPS BECAUSE HE ADMITTED TO TAKING A BANNED SUBSTANCE JAMES?

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1904 on: August 25, 2013, 01:41:34 PM »
What else were they trying to do?

It was just a bit of "poor governance". Certainly not "drug cheating" cause Bomber Thompson doesnt want that on his tombstone.  :whistle