Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555431 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #1905 on: August 25, 2013, 01:59:21 PM »
What else were they trying to do?

It was just a bit of "poor governance". Certainly not "drug cheating"

Yes. The thousands of mystery drug shots given were purely incidental, and without motive. To tell the truth, we just woke up one day and as fate has it, thought eff it, lets embark on a pointless injection campaign for the hell of it.

But we certainly did not set out to be drug cheats.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1906 on: August 25, 2013, 02:12:53 PM »

Yes. The thousands of mystery drug shots given were purely incidental, and without motive. To tell the truth, we just woke up one day and as fate has it, thought eff it, lets embark on a pointless injection campaign for the hell of it.

at the same time Dooks dont you think the players should take some of the blame also.

how many times is an AFL player asked to go offside for injections by a bloke called Dank who has criminal ties.

It wouldve taken one call from a player to ASADA but not one of them bothered to do it.

The EFC are culpable and the players should be done for ignorance.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1907 on: August 25, 2013, 02:30:53 PM »

at the same time Dooks dont you think the players should take some of the blame also.

how many times is an AFL player asked to go offside for injections by a bloke called Dank who has criminal ties.

It wouldve taken one call from a player to ASADA but not one of them bothered to do it.

11.2 Use or Attempted Use by a Player of a Prohibited Substance or a Prohibited
Method.9
(a) It is each Player’s personal duty to ensure that no Prohibited Substance enters
his body. Accordingly, it is not necessary that intent, fault, negligence or
knowing Use on the Player’s part be demonstrated in order to establish an Anti
Doping Rule Violation for Use of a Prohibited Substance or Prohibited Method.

http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/Schedule%206%20-%20National%20Anti-Doping%20Code.pdf

:whistle

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1908 on: August 25, 2013, 02:56:56 PM »

Up to a certain point.

Try to put yourself in the position of a young player, having just entered a world so foreign and new to anything you have experienced.

every day you are placing your faith in the coaches and medical/fitness staff to know and do whats best, after all that is what they are paid to do. in such an environment, constant questioning is actually counterproductive.

It's fine for anyone outside that to sit here and say that they should have done this and should have done that, but the reality is most people in the same position will not.

The more senior players, in particular the ones in the leadership group would be the ones in a position to question what was happening, but the younger ones would be simply doing what they were told, by those that they trusted.

This to me, is what makes what happened so vile, that those responsible took advantage and quite possible have done long term harm to the health of people who trusted and relied on them to do the right thing.

In that sense, it's not so different from priests rooting little boys
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1909 on: August 25, 2013, 03:03:37 PM »

Up to a certain point.

Try to put yourself in the position of a young player, having just entered a world so foreign and new to anything you have experienced.

every day you are placing your faith in the coaches and medical/fitness staff to know and do whats best, after all that is what they are paid to do. in such an environment, constant questioning is actually counterproductive.

It's fine for anyone outside that to sit here and say that they should have done this and should have done that, but the reality is most people in the same position will not.

The more senior players, in particular the ones in the leadership group would be the ones in a position to question what was happening, but the younger ones would be simply doing what they were told, by those that they trusted.

This to me, is what makes what happened so vile, that those responsible took advantage and quite possible have done long term harm to the health of people who trusted and relied on them to do the right thing.

In that sense, it's not so different from priests rooting little boys

na, thats rubbish. They are professional footballers who get good money to train and play matches. They are told all the time, literally dozens of times they cannot break the drug rules. In the WAFL there is big ass writing in the change rooms "dont put drugs in your body or WADA will get you" or something to that effect. This country looks down upon chinese swimmer or east germans that are juiced to the eyeball but takes a hypocritical stance when in comes to drug cheating in our backyard. We make excuses "they are good blokes", "they are too young to challenge the medical staff" blablabla. At least cycling as a sport is improving. AFL= joke.

http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/World_Anti-Doping_Program/WADP-The-Code/WADA_Anti-Doping_CODE_2009_EN.pdf

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1910 on: August 25, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »
so you really expect that a newly drafted player will walk into a club and start questioning what supplements they are being given?

it aint gunna happen and anyone who reckons they would  do so in that position are full of themselves and poo.

I think you will find that the players are told not to take anything without the approval of the clubs medical/fitness staff. they have every right to expect these blokes will do the right thing for them, after all thats what they are paid for.

Most people wont even question their own bosses for fear of rocking the boat, yet alone expecting a kid entering the AFL environment to do so right off the bat.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1911 on: August 25, 2013, 03:18:59 PM »
The issue is any person under the wada code can claim drugs were taken under instruction of the doctor.

Bolt
Armstrong

This is why the wada rules are worded as they are.

Its an arrogance view to think an Australian football club unique and special, above the rules.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1912 on: August 25, 2013, 03:23:31 PM »
which is why that argument will not actually get you off charges, but may get a reduced penalty.
Armstrong was the architect anyways and bullied others into his scheme, once again taking advantage of the vulnerable.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1913 on: August 25, 2013, 03:33:44 PM »
unfortunately you cant put penalise the older  players and not the younger ones.

they are all guilty of ignorance. Its not as if its something new. Each year they are told about calling the ASADA number and even at TAC level they would've been told. Not one person bothered to call ASADA, not one of them bothered to google Dank's name and his links and question the clubs program.

if i am 18 and go to a club, get handed a drink then drive home wasted, only to get caught with a substance in my system.

Whose fault is that? Mine. No one else.

The harsher penalty should fall on the Turd but what kind of precedence does it set if veterans like fleth and watson get off scott free, after being educataed on this very subject for 10 years.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1914 on: August 25, 2013, 03:57:35 PM »
The 3 kids that shot the Aussie baseballer should be let off cause they were young?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1915 on: August 25, 2013, 04:36:20 PM »
thats one of the silliest things you have posted, including all of the garble due to your auto correct

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1916 on: August 25, 2013, 04:38:19 PM »
I've posted an awfuk  lot of silly things.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1917 on: August 25, 2013, 04:39:51 PM »
 lol

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1918 on: August 25, 2013, 04:51:43 PM »
I've posted an awstuff  lot of silly things.
:lol

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1919 on: August 25, 2013, 04:57:33 PM »
Silly Bents
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018