Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555467 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #2235 on: October 02, 2013, 09:49:12 PM »
Love how the forums are drumming it up as a "TELL ALL" Interview.

Since when has perpetuating lies and refusing to take responsibility for at least his role in the scandal become anything other than the norm with this guy.

He's a worm and the longer he's away, the angrier i get with the whole thing.

This dog cant be allowed back to coach, SURELY?!

I pray asada biscuits and/or WADA have the final ruling up their sleeve.....
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2236 on: October 02, 2013, 09:53:12 PM »
Even ifASADA shyte them selfs I doubt wada will accept drug cheating

If they are not scared of lance Armstrong in doubt they will be scared by a pack of bleaters from airport west

For an organization based in Canada etc are literally the backwater of he sporting world

More so. I cannot Invision a situation where the AFL remove wada. For the league to crap on about integrity and then to dismiss the drug organization the first time a major incident of drug cheating takes place, would be the ultimate joke and the death nail of creditably

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2237 on: October 03, 2013, 04:14:30 PM »
SUSPENDED Essendon coach James Hird is considering legal action against the AFL after its chief executive, Andrew Demetriou, claimed that Hird had pleaded guilty to a reduced charge in the Essendon supplements saga.

Hird's lawyer, Steven Amendola, yesterday denied his client had pleaded guilty to any charge over Essendon's controversial supplements program, saying the AFL had withdrawn all charges against Hird under the deeds of settlement that he and the club signed with the AFL.

Mr Amendola said Hird had been charged under the AFL's code of conduct, rule 1.6, for bringing the game into disrepute.

"Once the deed was signed, there was no charge - that had been withdrawn," Mr Amendola said.

He said Mr Demetriou's comments on Fox Footy's Open Mike last Friday had amounted to a breach of a non-disparagement clause in the deeds.

"We are considering our position and don't rule out reinstating the legal action," he said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...y-fnca0u4y-1226731908835#sthash.FqJROT0q.dpuf

James Hird
The AFL and James Hird agree that in 2011/2012 EFC implemented, while Hird was Senior Coach of the club, the Program, which was inadequately vetted and controlled.

It is agreed by the AFL and James Hird that:
- he contributed to the Essendon FC’s failure to take sufficient steps to ensure the health, welfare and safety of players in relation to the Program;

- when he became aware of facts that suggested that unsatisfactory practices were occurring, the action he took was not sufficient to stop those practices;

- he did not take sufficient steps to avoid there being a risk that players may have been administered substances that were prohibited by the AFL Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Code, and any such risk is an unacceptable risk;

- as Senior Coach, he shares responsibility for the inadequate governance within EFC’s football department,
and in consequence, Hird accepts that the Essendon FC breached Rule 1.6 of the AFL Player Rules.

Sanction

By reason of the matters referred to above:
the AFL will impose a 12 month suspension from the AFL effective from 25 August 2013;

James Hird will not work with any AFL Club in any capacity during this period; and

James Hird accepts this suspension.

The AFL and James Hird consider that the best interests of the game and its supporters are served by a resolution of this matter now given James Hird’s willingness to resolve the matter.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-27/list-of-charges-against-essendon-and-its-officials

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2238 on: October 24, 2013, 09:45:31 PM »
obert anderson ‏@DonsB01
3h

BTV: Trade Update - 23 Oct via @Essendon_FC Just heard Caroline Wilson tell Rowey & Bones on 5aa that ASADA IS GOING TO HIT Ess WITH A BOMB?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2239 on: October 24, 2013, 09:46:50 PM »
nice Bents

is that a BF rumour though
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2240 on: November 07, 2013, 06:02:17 PM »
WADA ! :clapping

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2241 on: November 09, 2013, 09:50:25 PM »
Patrick smith seems to be hinting that bumbers will be receiving infraction notices and before 2014 season
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2242 on: November 10, 2013, 03:33:20 AM »
James Hird might still be targeted by ASADA

Jon Pierik
    The Age
    November 10, 2013

Former anti-doping chief Richard Ings maintains Essendon players will be issued with infraction notices, with James Hird's return as senior coach next year still attracting the attention of sports authorities.

As World Anti-Doping Agency chief John Fahey prepares to unveil a series of changes to the anti-doping code that would result in the AFL being forced to act against coaches and support staff who use substances that are banned for their players, he has spoken about the Essendon peptides saga, which has a ''few chapters'' to play out.

Hird was banned by the AFL for a year in August as part of a series of penalties handed to the Bombers and individual staff after the club pleaded guilty to bringing the game into disrepute. But an investigation by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, which could yet conclude with infraction notices issued to players, continues.

In an interview on the ABC, Fahey, asked to comment about Hird being welcomed back by the Bombers after the 2014 season, replied: ''I don't know whether James Hird will be dealt with by ASADA. That's possible, before it's all over. So, again, what has happened in Essendon, or to Essendon, has been dealt with by the AFL under their rules. Nothing to do with ASADA's code or the rules I am responsible for as president of that body.
Advertisement

''So, I have got to hold my fire until we are finished, until ASADA, a constituent member of WADA, concludes its inquiries and deals with the case in accordance with the code, and that may be some time yet.''

There were claims this year Hird and members of his coaching staff were injected with the drug Hexarelin, a substance that is banned for players. Hird denied the claims.

Under the current WADA code, it is not an offence for a coach to use drugs for personal use.

The proposed tough new rules, to be tabled at WADA's world conference in Johannesburg this week, would cover coaches, trainers and other support staff with a duty of care. But the length of penalties, and whether the ruling would be backdated, is unclear.

''One of the good things in the review and the changes that are coming is that it extends much further out to athlete support personnel that could include doctors, certainly coaches,'' Fahey said. ''It may include physiotherapists, it could include agents, it could include, in some cases, parents because all of those can sometimes have an influence on whether an athlete cheats or doesn't.''

That Essendon is yet to know some nine months after the scandal broke whether its players have been cleared or face sanctions of up to two years has frustrated many in the football world.

There have been reports six players will be handed infraction notices, while it's unclear whether Stephen Dank, the former club sports scientist at the centre of the program, will be interviewed under ASADA's new coercive powers.

''I believe there will be infractions. How many is a guess,'' Ings, the former ASADA chief, said on Saturday.

The AFL, however, still believes Essendon will not receive infraction notices, although deputy chief executive Gillon McLachlan recently said ''we cannot ever rule it out''.

On the overall process ASADA has adopted while tackling the Bombers, Fahey said: ''I think we have got a few chapters to read in this one before it is finished. I will do my best to be patient along with everybody else.

''It's still to play out. That's as much as I can say, and the detail I just don't know.''

Mark Thompson, who was fined $30,000 for his role in the supplements program, will coach the Bombers next season. Hird's suspension officially expires on August 25.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/james-hird-might-still-be-targeted-by-asada-20131109-2x8wb.html#ixzz2kAOvGBCP

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2243 on: November 10, 2013, 08:36:50 AM »
By the time ASADA gets around to laying these infraction notices, the players in question will be retired from footy and drawing an old-age pension :(

Gigantor

« Reply #2244 on: November 10, 2013, 09:52:05 AM »
You are probably right Rolls...didn't it take  WADA or whoever like over a decade to finally nail Armstrong

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2245 on: November 10, 2013, 12:44:27 PM »
By the time ASADA gets around to laying these infraction notices, the players in question will be retired from footy and drawing an old-age pension :(

I dont see the rush.

WADA step in and ass smeg Essendon a week or two before round 1. Is ok by me.

Slow justice > no justice.

That said if the long term outcome is nothing i will lose all faith in football and humanity and dare I saw go on a rampage

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2246 on: November 13, 2013, 10:20:22 PM »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2247 on: November 14, 2013, 07:08:57 AM »
http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-chairman-paul-little-confident-bombers-will-avoid-infraction-notices/story-fni5ezdm-1226758979545

This flog is prob right. Bents unfortunately u and I both know they are going to cop SFA

But this the same bloke who said Bombers would take the AFL to court blah, blah blah, etc

He hasn't got a clue what may happen in the future.  WADA the highest body is watching and ready  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2248 on: November 14, 2013, 06:46:45 PM »
Personally I find it hard to put any stock in the hearld sun football writers

Monkeys

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2249 on: November 24, 2013, 07:12:51 PM »
Essendon Bombers - The Age
m.theage.com.au › Sport › Real Footy
11 hours ago - JON PIERIK Former anti-doping chief Richard Ings maintains Essendon players will be issued with infraction notices, ...