Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555467 times)

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #2340 on: February 10, 2014, 10:30:36 PM »
How many Essendon presidents do the Hirds want to bring down?

James Hird's father is the latest supporter of the suspended Essendon coach to attack club chairman Paul Little, taking umbrage with his remarks that his son would ''whack'' anyone.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/james-hirds-father-hits-out-at-bomber-president-paul-little-20140210-32d0c.html#ixzz2suxp6iAh

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #2341 on: February 10, 2014, 10:39:11 PM »
As predicted by MT in earlier posts, there is no way Hird can come back and coach the Bombers now.
Pretty soon the heat will be on Timmy and Jobe to disown Hird and his sniper attacks on the club. Once this happens the Hird legacy will officially be over at Essendon.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2342 on: February 11, 2014, 05:49:42 PM »
As predicted by MT in earlier posts, there is no way Hird can come back and coach the Bombers now.
Pretty soon the heat will be on Timmy and Jobe to disown Hird and his sniper attacks on the club. Once this happens the Hird legacy will officially be over at Essendon.
Yep DC, public divisions are opening up between the Bombers and the Hird camp. It'll just become another circus if Hird is allowed to return.

Interesting article from Lovett-Murray today in terms of confirming the injection program at EFC began at that Gold Coast preseason camp back in 2011.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/i-put-my-trust-in-stephen-dank-retired-bomber-nathan-lovettmurray-says-20140210-32d0o.html

http://images.theage.com.au/file/2013/04/12/4187826/1304consentform.pdf

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hird not treated harshly by AFL: Clarkson (Age)
« Reply #2343 on: February 18, 2014, 04:05:31 AM »
Game was 'ambushed'

Caroline Wilson
    The Age
    February 18, 2014

Reigning premiership coach Alastair Clarkson has called for sweeping reforms to the AFL coaching ranks to block any repeat of the Essendon supplements scandal which he said had been allowed to ''ambush'' the game.

Revealing his severe disappointment at Essendon and regretting that he and other senior coaches had not communicated their dismay to James Hird when it could have made a difference, Clarkson said it was wrong to assume that other senior coaches felt Hird had been harshly treated by the AFL.

Clarkson also said he had harboured strong sympathy for AFL boss Andrew Demetriou and likened Demetriou's efforts to handle the saga throughout the 2013 season to ''treading a pathway through a minefield''.

Under the Clarkson blueprint, which he also outlined in a frank presentation to the AFL Commission in Sydney on Monday, Hird would not have been allowed to coach the Bombers without AFL accreditation and at least two years' coaching experience.

Clarkson told Fairfax Media: ''We need to ensure (the Essendon supplements scandal) never happens in our game again. What have we learned? What have coaches learned about their obligations and responsibilities to young men? What have clubs learned? What have junior coaches learned?

''It's too easy to sweep it under the carpet and hope it's never going to happen again. Next time it could be illicit drugs or young girls in night clubs. It comes down to having the right systems and protocols in place.

''Hirdy (James Hird) needs accreditation to coach under nines but not an AFL footy team. It really concerns me that the game doesn't protect itself in the way, say, the teaching industry does.''

Read more at: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/game-was-ambushed-20140217-32wg1.html

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2344 on: February 18, 2014, 09:18:33 AM »
Under the Clarkson blueprint, which he also outlined in a frank presentation to the AFL Commission in Sydney on Monday, Hird would not have been allowed to coach the Bombers without AFL accreditation and at least two years' coaching experience.

An interesting point.

To coach in any other recognised league, you have to have accreditation,  The minimum is level 1 coaching. As you get into higher levels you are supposed to a higher level of accreditation. Reading this it seems that it does not apply to the AFL itself?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2345 on: February 18, 2014, 03:00:56 PM »
Having resd the entire article/interview I have to say Clarkson makes some really good points and a lot of sense

Hopefully the AFLCA and those twits at HQ pay some attention
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2346 on: February 20, 2014, 04:25:41 AM »
Essendon close to signing off on process on monitor effects of supplements on players “indefinitely”

Jon Ralph
    February 20, 2014

ESSENDON is moving close to an agreement to medically monitor its players “indefinitely” for the effects of its controversial 2012 supplements program.

The AFL and player union have handed the Bombers a proposal which would provide independent advice to players about the substances administered.

A recognised research institute would also be appointed to undertake a study of the substances Essendon concedes the players took.

Essendon chairman Paul Little told the Herald Sun last week he would “welcome and insist on ongoing monitoring” after the events of 2012.

It is understood that monitoring could be indefinite given the potential long-term effects of those substances.

AFL medical director Peter Harcourt has been instrumental in drawing up the proposal now in front of Essendon.

The AFL and player union are awaiting the club’s approval and potential alterations before it is rolled out to players.

AFLPA executive Ian Prendergast says he hopes the agreement will be finalised soon so players have access to its services.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-close-to-signing-off-on-process-on-monitor-effects-of-supplements-on-players-indefinitely/story-fndv8gad-1226832041971

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2347 on: February 20, 2014, 08:28:27 AM »
and here i was thinking they had nothing untoward or given any substances that they shouldn't have  ::)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
ASADA has completed its probe into the AFL and NRL, says chief executive (Age)
« Reply #2348 on: February 27, 2014, 01:06:47 AM »
ASADA has completed its probe into the AFL and NRL, says chief executive

Dan Harrison
      The Age
    February 26, 2014 - 8:14PM

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority has completed its investigation of the AFL and NRL, the body's chief told a Senate hearing on Wednesday.

Outgoing ASADA chief executive Aurora Andruska said the authority was now reviewing the evidence it had gathered and developing briefs.

Andruska said former Federal Court judge Garry Downes would review the evidence to determine whether it was sufficient to take cases forward.

But she said Downes' work would not hold up the authority's work, and it would continue to prepare briefs and could issue show cause letters to players and take matters through the Anti-Doping Rule Violation panel and other tribunals while Downes completed his review.

ASADA said an Australian Federal Police and Deloitte investigation had found no one within their organisation was responsible for leaking sensitive information to the media.

During the peak of ASADA's investigation into players in the NRL and AFL, several sensitive documents were published in the media last year that related to football clubs Cronulla and Essendon.

It was enough to force Andruska to call in the AFP and Deloitte to go over the organisation with a fine-tooth comb.

"There were media suggestions, and from other quarters, that the organisation was leaking," she told a Senate estimates hearing on Wednesday.

"I brought in Deloitte and the AFP to make examination of any leaks occurring, and there were none. ASADA was not leaking."

Andruska said the investigation examined all communication that had been made and received by the organisation over the past several years.

She said she could only speculate where the leaks came from, and when invited by the senators to do so, replied: "I don't think that's an answer I'd give".

The investigation into both Cronulla and Essendon's supplements programs has been completed, but ASADA is reviewing its evidence meaning players could still be issued with infraction notices.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/asada-has-completed-its-probe-into-the-afl-and-nrl-says-chief-executive-20140226-33idd.html#ixzz2uR9Sk9xQ

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2349 on: February 27, 2014, 03:20:32 AM »
Watch Vlad pull the strings

tony_montana

« Reply #2351 on: February 27, 2014, 02:41:24 PM »
and here i was thinking they had nothing untoward or given any substances that they shouldn't have  ::)

Its an absolute stuffing farce the way this is being played out. We have the bombers as a club who are clearly holding back information so that it doesn't incriminate them, even though there is a chance this could have ramifications for players down the track. Just astounding. If players develop nasty side effects in the future, there will be major litigation, but who cares right? that will be well after this regime has moved on and will be someone else problem. Disgrace.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2352 on: February 28, 2014, 01:18:27 AM »
Essendon players remain at risk of drug suspensions

Jon Ralph, Mark Robinson
    February 27, 2014 11:13PM

ESSENDON could be stuck in Groundhog Day with players potentially facing uncertain ­futures long into the season.

The Bombers and the AFL hope players will be cleared by ASADA’s probe by April, but any action could take until the eve of the finals to be resolved.

Coach Mark Thompson told the Herald Sun the players were craving closure after 13 months.

But if ASADA decides in April action should be taken, players might not face an AFL anti-doping tribunal until weeks before the finals.

It would be a diabolical situation for the league, and for Essendon, after the gloss was taken off last year’s finals by the Dons being booted out of September. The chain of events leading to suspensions passes through ASADA, an independent Anti-Doping Rules Violation Panel, the AFL’s anti-doping tribunal, and potentially an appeals panel.

The AFL warned that even if the briefs of evidence did not contain recommendations to act, the case would never really be closed.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-players-remain-at-risk-of-drug-suspensions/story-fndv8gad-1226839978124

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2353 on: February 28, 2014, 06:58:48 AM »
This is the scenario the Bumblings may face  ;D

Sandor Earl the NRL player who admitted to taking and selling the banned peptides was issued with an ASADA infraction notice back in Aug/Sept last year and still hasn't faced any hearing, therefore still hasn't received his final penalty. And there is still no date set for his hearing  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2354 on: March 01, 2014, 10:51:04 AM »
One would have to wonder what sort of joke ASADA is.

The main suspect in all of this is Dank.

He hasn't even been invited to front ASADA.

You can imagine what sort dirt he must have on the AFL/NRL.................. :gobdrop
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.