Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555475 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wednesday D-Day board meeting for Tania & James Hird (Age)
« Reply #2490 on: March 24, 2014, 09:59:23 PM »
D-day for Tania and James Hird

Jon Pierik
     The Age
    March 24, 2014 - 6:20PM

Tania Hird, the wife of suspended Essendon coach James, is expected to be hauled before the Essendon board on Wednesday and ordered to take a vow of silence to ensure her husband returns to the top job next season.

The Bombers’ directors met via telephone hook-up on Monday, with the future of James Hird on the line after Tania’s television interview last week, where she again took aim at AFL chief Andrew Demetriou, which prompted Essendon chairman Paul Little to not guarantee the banished coach would be back.

In a statement on Monday night, Essendon said: "The club wishes to advise the matter relating to James Hird has been referred to a board meeting on Wednesday. There'll be no further comment."

Little has already told James Hird to better control those around him.

Hird is in Singapore, en route to France, as part of a six-moth study tour, in part paid for by the Bombers. He is likely to front the board by skype and faces, at least, a severe reprimand.

Essendon great Matthew Lloyd declared on Saturday Hird would be welcomed back as coach, but Little and his board have yet to confirm this.

Hird’s father, Allan, maitained the family line in an interview with Fairfax Media on Sunday, describing Demetriou as a bully.

Tania Hird’s comments overshadowed the Bombers’ season-opening win over North Melbourne and Dustin Fletcher’s record-equalling games tally.

That the players are clearly enjoying playing under Mark Thompson, also a Bombers great and a two-time premiership coach, has also raised questions as to whether he should be offered the job long term.

The Bombers would face a pay out of more than $2 million should they sack Hird.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dday-for-tania-and-james-hird-20140324-hvmb2.html#ixzz2wsParcn6

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #2491 on: March 24, 2014, 10:21:10 PM »
Tania is James's mouthpiece. The Whitehouse spokesman.
What a circus the Bombers are.

tony_montana

« Reply #2492 on: March 24, 2014, 10:54:41 PM »
That's ok they can sack him, the afl will pay him out as part of the equalisation mantra. "stuff up all you want, the afl will pay out contracts and help you reload and start over

gerkin greg

« Reply #2493 on: March 25, 2014, 10:37:48 AM »
unless you are richmond, then we'll only give you enough cash for danny frawley

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2494 on: March 25, 2014, 11:43:02 AM »
That's ok they can sack him, the afl will pay him out as part of the equalisation mantra. "stuff up all you want, the afl will pay out contracts and help you reload and start over

A strong Essendon is good for the game

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2495 on: March 25, 2014, 03:01:49 PM »

A strong Essendon is good for the game
no it's not. Nothing good can come from those pencil dicks waving their scarves over their head like little children. Nothing!!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2496 on: March 25, 2014, 03:35:34 PM »
At her almost daily presser out the front of her Toorak Mansion Tania has said she is "offended" and "not a piece of cattle"  ;D
=======================================================================================

Essendon board to meet on Wednesday to decide future of suspended coach James Hird
by: Michael Warner
March 25, 2014 2:01PM

TANIA Hird says she is offended by reports she will be “hauled” before the Essendon board when it meets tomorrow night to discuss her husband’s coaching future.

It was reported last night that Tania would be summoned to explain her conduct in speaking out about the drugs scandal and ordered to take a vow of silence.

But the wife of suspended Essendon coach James Hird this morning hit out at the suggestions.

“I’m not a piece of cattle and I’m not an employee and I think it’s really offensive to suggest that I’d be hauled anywhere,” she said outside her Toorak home.

It is understood Tania had been open to the idea of meeting with club directors but took offence after it was leaked to the media and misconstrued as a club order.

James, who is studying in Singapore, will be grilled by the full Essendon board via speaker phone on Wednesday.

Club figures say he will not be sacked but strongly warned that further public airings related to his 12-month AFL suspension will cost him his job.

The gag order will extend to Tania and his legal team.

Full article:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-board-to-meet-on-wednesday-to-decide-future-of-suspended-coach-james-hird/story-fndv8gad-1226863563031
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2497 on: March 25, 2014, 05:42:56 PM »
It's pretty simple Tania, if you don't want to be treated like a piece of cattle then stop acting like a cow! :wallywink
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2498 on: March 25, 2014, 10:02:22 PM »
It's pretty simple Tania, if you don't want to be treated like a piece of cattle then stop acting like a cow! :wallywink

:clapping :clapping

:bow :bow

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2499 on: March 25, 2014, 10:35:32 PM »
She does look like a piece of meat.

Mutton.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2500 on: March 26, 2014, 07:09:47 AM »

Mutton.

Dressed up as Lamb  ;D

"MDUAL"

gerkin greg

« Reply #2501 on: March 26, 2014, 07:50:50 AM »
Was thinking pork knuckle

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2502 on: March 26, 2014, 07:53:39 AM »

Mutton.

Dressed up as Lamb  ;D

"MDUAL"

WP, you should not be so critical.

Tanya can't help it if she is as ugly as a batshit.

:lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2503 on: March 26, 2014, 08:47:03 AM »

:clapping :clapping

:bow :bow

Allegedly

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2504 on: March 26, 2014, 08:48:34 AM »
Andrew gaze lost the plot