Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555458 times)

dwaino

Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #2520 on: March 26, 2014, 04:49:36 PM »
I reckon a large reason they didn't sack him was because they couldn't afford it. Copping the fines, paying out Turd $1million and their Tullamarine redevelopment didn't they record a loss? They stupidly then extended Turd by 2 years and I bet they simply couldn't afford to cough up another $2million.

tony_montana

« Reply #2521 on: March 26, 2014, 04:50:13 PM »
Are we likely to hear Robbo or Connolly bag the club for not sacking the most destructive influence ever to set foot at the club? 
Matty Knights must be shaking his head in disbelief.

They reckon its not financial...... rubbish!

Whats funny is the amount of supporters including those in the media that are completely oblivious to the problems hes caused the club. 

This club are a complete joke.

It is a joke, ive noticed a lot of bombres fans are starting to trot out the theory that Demetriou purposely tipped them off and thus mislead them into self reporting so they could be the fall guy for 11 other clubs.  FFS there is no end to their delusion.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #2522 on: March 26, 2014, 05:07:17 PM »
Hirds are probably Freemasons.

Doubt it Ox. Don't think they would do anything for free. Before too long he may end up being a Freecoach though.

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2523 on: March 26, 2014, 05:13:06 PM »
Whole thing is a joke. If it had been Richmond, the AFL would have crucified us

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2524 on: March 26, 2014, 05:18:34 PM »
Are we likely to hear Robbo or Connolly bag the club for not sacking the most destructive influence ever to set foot at the club? 
Matty Knights must be shaking his head in disbelief.

Whats funny is the amount of supporters including those in the media that are completely oblivious to the problems hes caused the club. 

This club are a complete joke.

It is a joke, ive noticed a lot of bombres fans are starting to trot out the theory that Demetriou purposely tipped them off and thus mislead them into self reporting so they could be the fall guy for 11 other clubs.  FFS there is no end to their delusion.

I like it.

EFC in fact ARE the heroes / victims. So brave

Big bad ASADA/Afl, bullies

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2525 on: March 26, 2014, 08:22:01 PM »

Absolutely spot on

I can give 2 million reasons as to why commons sense tells you it is solely financial

Whole thing is a joke. If it had been Richmond, the AFL would have crucified us

No think you'll find the penalties would have been the same no matter which club. AFL would have done sort of deal. Recent history tells us that's what they do - look at Melb (tanking) & Adel (salary cap cheating)

Have to remember at this stage all the AFL have punished them (and I use that term loosely seeing the penalties weren't harsh enough) for is their governance issues. Haven't actually punished them for the supplements/drugs program because ASADA hadn't completed their investigations. ASADA are the ones that issue the infraction notices/breaches for the violations of the WADA code. The AFL then take over the hearings and the punishments

This isn't over yet, clock is ticking for Mr Dank who has until Friday to answer those "show cause" notices that were issued. Failure to do that (which is what will happen) means ASADA instigate the next process  ;D

Hopefully with the ASADA findings to come there will be infraction notices and it will interesting to see what the EFC does if just one of their players receive an infraction notice, seriously what happens then?   ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2526 on: March 26, 2014, 08:39:34 PM »
Yeah they would never like ban a Richmond ruckman for drugs

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2527 on: March 26, 2014, 09:20:17 PM »
Yeah they would never like ban a Richmond ruckman for drugs

Poor comparison Bents and you know it.

Justin Charles failed a drug test and rightly got suspended

As it stands right now whether we like it or not not one Bomber player has tested positive for banned substances. That is the reason why at this stage none of them been handed penalties

The Essendon penalties handed down by the AFL are very different to the Charles case, they are not even remotely similar
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:59:45 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2528 on: March 26, 2014, 10:48:23 PM »
Barrett saying ASADA is working to a April 15 deadline. They are currently working through their list of each Essendon player under investigation.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2529 on: April 25, 2014, 02:02:07 PM »
Essendon still in the land of delusion :facepalm  ::)  :nopity

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Essendon chairman Paul Little says self-reporting to ASADA may have been a mistake

Jay Clark
    Herald Sun
    April 25, 2014 1:02PM

ESSENDON chairman Paul Little has conceded the Bombers may have made a grave mistake self-reporting concerns about its supplement program.

Essendon was hit with a raft of penalties last year after inviting the AFL and ASADA to investigate its controversial injecting program under Stephen Dank.

But in another twist to the ongoing saga today, Little said “maybe self-reporting didn’t work all that well for us”.

“We gave away all of our leverage, we gave away all of our rights to control a situation,” Little said on Triple M.

“I think whilst self-reporting allowed the various authorities that needed to get involved, it gave them an unfettered access to the football club, to individuals and to everything else.

“I just think it could perhaps have overly-complicated a process that didn’t need to be quite that complicated.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/essendon-chairman-paul-little-says-selfreporting-to-asada-may-have-been-a-mistake/story-e6frf3e3-1226895931447?from=public_rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

tony_montana

« Reply #2530 on: April 25, 2014, 04:06:04 PM »
wow

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2531 on: April 25, 2014, 04:15:23 PM »
The stupidity in Little's statement is that if they hadn't 'self-reported' then they would be even more right royally screwed than they are now. It's as if the Windy Hill whackos still think they could have gotten away with it without anyone finding out what they were doing :facepalm.

On the positive side though, this may mean Little now knows what the final ASADA report says and it's not good news for the Dons as far as upcoming infractions.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2532 on: April 25, 2014, 04:41:30 PM »
They did not self report (IMO

:shh

tony_montana

« Reply #2533 on: April 25, 2014, 09:01:19 PM »

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2534 on: April 25, 2014, 09:10:53 PM »
Whack whack whack.
AFL needs to let ASADA punish these morons.
With ticketing prices, low crowds and blowout results the sport needs to regain some credibility one would hope. I hope they get their right royal whack. ;D