Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555477 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #2775 on: August 14, 2014, 01:43:00 PM »
how WADA are reading this poo

im worried about australia.

i accept corruption in my country but it grinds my gear when its the drugs cheats. got a problem? the billionaire will fix it with the politicians. dogs the lot of them

"I will ask him to try and find a circuit-breaker," Little told 3AW on Thursday morning.

"I think the whole community's got deal-fatigue with this investigation, and if the sports minister's able to help us find a way through it then I think that's in everyone's best interests."

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2776 on: August 14, 2014, 06:21:59 PM »
No Essendon but Matt Johns up in Sydney says 17 Cronulla players will be handed infraction notices and the penalty will be six-month suspensions with only one month to be served in season. Interesting to see if Bomber players cop the same after this EFC legal smokescreen is finished.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2777 on: August 14, 2014, 06:59:15 PM »
what a bloody joke

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #2778 on: August 14, 2014, 07:56:59 PM »
No Essendon but Matt Johns up in Sydney says 17 Cronulla players will be handed infraction notices and the penalty will be six-month suspensions with only one month to be served in season. Interesting to see if Bomber players cop the same after this EFC legal smokescreen is finished.

Cronulla have 'co-operated' by not dragging the matter through the courts but that's only because they couldn't afford to. Nonetheless they have ended up with a slap on the wrist with 6 months, one in season. Essendon could've had that. The new ASADA boss could not have spelt it out any clearer- there are big discounts on offer for cooperating. It's hard to see how dragging out a ridiculous 3 day Federal Court case could be seen as being open and honest.
I as a taxpayer am pretty peed off with Essendon about tying up so many public resources to protect their little Elim final. They tie up the Federal Court for 3 days (our taxpayer $), the legal expenses incurred by ASADA incl QC's (more taxpayer $) all of the senior public servants from Canberra flying up and back from Melbourne and staying in hotels, meal allowances, overtime etc (more taxpayer $), this is a big junket for the legal fraternity on the backs of taxpayers and Essendon members. Idiotic behavior by Essendon and the AFL commission should punish them again for bringing the game into disrepute again.

They are getting 6 months minimum, possibly more now with the actions of their board.

Obviously I don't have 30 years of legal training like a fed court judge would, in fact I have none, but I would hope the judge reads out something like this:
-Government ministers have got the executive power to ask their department heads to carry out their instructions.
-AFL as the governing body can punish Essendon however and whenever it feels like it, and can gain information from whoever they please in doing so.
-ASADA can investigate any sporting club they wish, and has the legal authority to collaborate with whoever they like to in the course of an investigation.
-Can you all exit to the left please as the next case is starting in 5 minutes.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2779 on: August 14, 2014, 07:58:43 PM »

Cronulla have 'co-operated' by not dragging the matter through the courts but that's only because they couldn't afford to. Nonetheless they have ended up with a slap on the wrist with 6 months, one in season. Essendon could've had that. The new ASADA boss could not have spelt it out any clearer- there are big discounts on offer for cooperating. It's hard to see how dragging out a ridiculous 3 day Federal Court case could be seen as being open and honest.
I as a taxpayer am pretty peed off with Essendon about tying up so many public resources to protect their little Elim final. They tie up the Federal Court for 3 days (our taxpayer $), the legal expenses incurred by ASADA incl QC's (more taxpayer $) all of the senior public servants from Canberra flying up and back from Melbourne and staying in hotels, meal allowances, overtime etc (more taxpayer $), this is a big junket for the legal fraternity on the backs of taxpayers and Essendon members. Idiotic behavior by Essendon and the AFL commission should punish them again for bringing the game into disrepute again.

Obviously I don't have 30 years of legal training like a fed court judge would, in fact I have none, but I would hope the judge reads out something like this:
-Government ministers have got the executive power to ask their department heads to carry out their instructions.
-AFL as the governing body can punish Essendon however and whenever it feels like it, and can gain information from whoever they please in doing so.
-ASADA can investigate any sporting club they wish, and has the legal authority to collaborate with whoever they like to in the course of an investigation.
-Can you all exit to the left please as the next case is starting in 5 minutes.

Nice post!

Are u a barrister ? ;D
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #2780 on: August 14, 2014, 08:04:00 PM »
No I am not a lawyer, I have made a substantial contribution to the profession though, unfortunately it was only a financial one.   :angel:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2781 on: August 14, 2014, 08:51:04 PM »
Here's a fairly thorough legal overview of the closing submissions of both sides. A good read if you're interested.

http://sociallitigator.com/2014/08/14/the-law-weighs-in-closing-submissions-in-essendon-v-asada-trial/

tony_montana

« Reply #2782 on: August 14, 2014, 09:23:08 PM »
No I am not a lawyer, I have made a substantial contribution to the profession though, unfortunately it was only a financial one.   :angel:

:lol  :clapping

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2783 on: August 15, 2014, 09:58:47 AM »
Dogs boss Gordon

"Essendon players are innocent victims/bystanders". Asada are literalism Satan reincarnate  :sleep

ABC radio

Another one of stuffen tosser list

dwaino

« Reply #2784 on: August 15, 2014, 12:48:54 PM »
Paul Little saying if they don't get a favorable verdict they will go to the government,  but if they do then they will sit down and talk about it (on their terms). Basically, just more tantrums unless they get their own way. Stuff me, you cheated. This is the absolute height of the arrogance and reluctance to take any responsibility and.why I absolutely hate that filthy club.

Had they just accepted it in the first place the bans would have been served by now and everyone would have moved on. No they, not the AFL or ASADA, are the ones ruining it for every fan of the game.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2785 on: August 15, 2014, 01:07:55 PM »

Ah.A Philanthropist .Nice!
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2786 on: August 15, 2014, 02:19:51 PM »
Paul Little saying if they don't get a favorable verdict they will go to the government,  but if they do then they will sit down and talk about it (on their terms). Basically, just more tantrums unless they get their own way. Stuff me, you cheated. This is the absolute height of the arrogance and reluctance to take any responsibility and.why I absolutely hate that filthy club.

Had they just accepted it in the first place the bans would have been served by now and everyone would have moved on. No they, not the AFL or ASADA, are the ones ruining it for every fan of the game.

Corruption much  :whistleblower

"The thing is we drug cheated. But we really don't want our players banned, you see? It doesn't really matter if tac cup, wafl players, Or stkildas saad have or are banned. Its not related. All of australia agrees, dont you know. Hence we will continue to bleat and whinge and pay off government officials until we get our way. If you just had let us a cuta deal with the afl as we both wanted to this wouldn't even be an issue".
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:41:42 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2787 on: August 15, 2014, 02:27:54 PM »
Little mind too
Caracella and Balmey.

tony_montana

« Reply #2788 on: August 15, 2014, 07:32:41 PM »
on one hand this little stuff says we are happy we've finally be able to tell our side of the story(did you really? thought it was about trying to quash it all on a technicality) and on the other hand he is guaranteeing us that they will appeal if they lose. What a plank

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2789 on: August 16, 2014, 08:47:00 AM »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018