Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555437 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #3315 on: February 02, 2015, 10:39:10 PM »
James Hird has left the door ajar for an appeal to the High Court over his failed bid to have the ASADA doping case against 35 present and former Bombers players ruled unlawful.

"It has cost me a lot of money," he told Channel Seven on Monday.

"It's money we have to go out and find."

Hird said he "reserved the right" to take the matter to the High Court.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-02/hirds-high-thoughts

James Hird reveals heavy toll
7Sport February 2, 2015, 6:45 pm

James Hird has revealed the personal cost of his ongoing battle against the ASADA doping investigation, but has refused to back down and hinted at another legal appeal.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/video/watch/26178494/james-hird-reveals-heavy-toll/

:nopity

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3316 on: February 02, 2015, 10:48:55 PM »
The Windy Hill cult lives on  :rollin.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3317 on: February 03, 2015, 12:14:39 AM »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3319 on: February 03, 2015, 09:01:29 AM »
Please please please let it be true!!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3320 on: February 03, 2015, 11:26:40 AM »
Too funny, the entertainment value jut keeps rolling on

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3321 on: February 03, 2015, 01:39:10 PM »
With apologies to REM ...

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Hird and Dank, a 'Weapon', and 'vitamins' McVeigh is not afraid

Eye of a hurricane, listen to their fans churn
Footy club serves its own needs, don't misserve your players' needs
Feed PEDS up for a knock, speed, grunt, no, strength
The ladder starts to clatter with a fear of height, down, height
Wire in a fire, represent the twenty-two games
And supplements for hire and a clinic off-site
Left them, wasn't coming in a hurry with the Feds breathing down your neck

Team by team, reporters baffled, trumped, tethered, cropped
Look at that low bomber, fine, then
Uh-oh, injury overflow, popping hammies common in group
But it'll do, save yourself, serve yourself
Hird serves his own needs, listen to his heart bleed
Tell me with the Rapture and the reverent in the right, right
You vitriolic, narcissistic, slam fight, not-so-bright light
Feeling pretty psyched

It's the end of the Bombers as we know it
It's the end of the Bombers as we know it, and I feel fine

Six o'clock, TV news hour, don't get caught now-er
Slash and burn records, listen to yourself churn
Lock players in waiver form, book burning, bloodletting
Every motive escalate, medicals incinerate
Light a candle, light a motive, step down, step down
Watch your heel crush, crush, uh-oh
This means total fear, cavalier, renegade and steering clear
A tournament, a tournament, a tournament of lies
Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives, and Dank declined

The other night Hird dreamt a nice high court challenge guide
Judges sit in a line, Charters, Alavi,
Dank, Thompson, Reid, McVeigh and Kyle Reimers
Birthday party, AOD, thymoslin beta 4, boom!
You symbiotic, narcissistic, slam but neck, right? Right

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3323 on: February 03, 2015, 10:19:51 PM »
http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37744-the-essendon-34-on-trial/page-41#entry1045448
http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37744-the-essendon-34-on-trial/page-41#entry1045451
http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37744-the-essendon-34-on-trial/page-41#entry1045482

I won't re-post the contents here but if it's true that a current or former Essendon player has sung like a canary to ASADA about TB4 then the 18 players involved are officially stuffed.
this the same poster's information I posted about the other day.......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3324 on: February 04, 2015, 11:43:31 PM »
Essendon lobbying the AFL to allow players accused of doping to play in NAB Challenge

Michael Warner
Herald-Sun
February 04, 2015 8:00PM

ASADA has told the AFL it will not support a special deal allowing Essendon players accused of doping to take part in NAB Challenge games.

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority is adamant players participating in the pre-season competition should lose their right to backdated bans if later found guilty by an AFL tribunal.

Bombers chiefs are lobbying the AFL Commission to allow the players to take the field without breaching provisional suspensions.

The provisional suspensions could save players five months or more from any ban that might be imposed by the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal.

Provisional suspensions were slapped on 34 former and current Essendon players last November when they were issued with infraction notices.

ASADA’s firm stance increases the risk the Essendon 34 would face greater time on the sidelines during the premiership season if they played in NAB Challenge matches.

Representatives of the players confirmed they would not play in the pre-season series unless the AFL could guarantee backdated suspensions.

It can be revealed the entire Essendon playing list is considering withdrawing from the NAB Challenge as a sign of solidarity and to protect the identity of teammates facing bans.

Up to 20 players on doping charges remain at Essendon — almost half the club’s primary list.

A handful of players who have shifted clubs since 2012, including Western Bulldogs forward Stewart Crameri and Port Adelaide ruckman Paddy Ryder, also face bans of up to two years.

Essendon remains hopeful a compromise arrangement can be reached with the AFL and the tribunal before the club’s first NAB Challenge match against St Kilda in Morwell on March 7.

Bombers chief executive Xavier Campbell said: “It is premature to comment on how the issue of provisional suspension may or may not impact upon player availability for the NAB Challenge. Our immediate priority remains working closely with our players, the AFLPA and the AFL to gain greater clarity around this complex matter.”

The three-man AFL anti-doping tribunal panel, chaired by former County Court judge David Jones, is not expected to deliver its verdict until late March, just days before the start of the premiership season.

If all or some of the 34 players are found guilty, ASADA will make submissions to the tribunal on what it deems is an appropriate penalty.

Backdated suspensions can be handed down, as was the case with Cronulla players in the NRL, but some time must be served.

The final ruling rests with the AFL tribunal, but all parties, including the World Anti-Doping Agency, can appeal.

The AFL’s decision to allow Bombers pair Jobe Watson and Dustin Fletcher to play in last year’s International Rules Test against Ireland could be another complicating factor in determining penalties.

Essendon chairman Paul Little said last week: “As it stands, our players who have been issued with infraction notices can have their provisional suspensions lifted at the discretion of the AFL Commission.

“However, it is unclear if this would impact the ability of a player to use this time against a potential sanction in the event of a guilty finding.”

The AFL’s Anti-Doping Code states that players issued with infraction notices must be provisionally suspended unless “otherwise determined by the AFL Commission”.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-lobbying-the-afl-to-allow-players-accused-of-doping-to-play-in-nab-challenge/story-fndv8gad-1227208234980

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3325 on: February 05, 2015, 04:08:25 AM »
http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37744-the-essendon-34-on-trial/page-41#entry1045448
http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37744-the-essendon-34-on-trial/page-41#entry1045451
http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37744-the-essendon-34-on-trial/page-41#entry1045482

I won't re-post the contents here but if it's true that a current or former Essendon player has sung like a canary to ASADA about TB4 then the 18 players involved are officially stuffed.
this the same poster's information I posted about the other day.......
Whether that particular rumour is true or not (I hope it is, YaBB ;D ), it's pretty clear now that the Bomber players believe they are likely to face suspensions given the discussion over whether they should play preseason games or not.

What's also clear is Hird and Essendon have pathetically caused this saga to drag out for more than two years in their deluded, self-centred and futile attempts to avoid any responsibility and blame everyone else  ::). Add to this, the players now also have themselves to blame as they've stupidly once again trusted the phoney promises and assurances of an organisation that abused and broke their trust in the first place with its dodgy supplement program.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3326 on: February 05, 2015, 11:09:32 PM »
Dank today was still trying to play the victim of a conspiracy theory  ::).

Stephen Dank says AFL, ASADA 'constructed' story to incriminate he and Essendon Bombers in supplements saga
ABC PM
By David Mark
Thu 5 Feb 2015, 8:48pm

AUDIO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkYxewGR-As

Controversial sports scientist Stephen Dank believes the AFL and ASADA "constructed" a story to incriminate he and the Essendon Bombers in the supplements saga, and says he plans on bringing the perpetrators to justice.

Dank, whose involvement in the Bombers' infamous supplements program in 2012 has seen him avoid media attention in recent years, claimed ASADA fabricated the claims against he and the club to serve its own purpose.

"Don't be fooled into thinking that this story started on the 5th of February, 2013," Dank told the ABC's PM program, referring to the day Essendon self-reported its 2012 supplements program to the AFL, which was two days before the Australian Crime Commission and ASADA revealed information of what they called 'widespread doping' in the country on what became known as the 'darkest day in Australian sport'.

"They tried to sit down and construct a story so they could have an ending that would suit their means, obviously try and incriminate me to all ends of the Earth and at the same time try and construct an ending which would allow the players to walk.

"'I've got no problems with the players being allowed to walk because the players have done nothing wrong.

"But the thing that I've found that's sometimes been comical, is the fact that we're having a due process which has followed no process... and certainly we've had a process which has been devoid of anything that resembles proper judicial processes."

Dank has worked as a sport scientist for a number of football clubs, most notably Essendon and Cronulla, and is alleged to be the figurehead of the Bombers' 2012 supplements program, which ASADA claims featured the use of banned substances.

Essendon staff and players are in the process of fronting an AFL anti-doping tribunal, but Dank described the evidence currently being used in the case against the club as "comical".

"I laugh a little bit about some of the evidence that I'm being told is being presented at the moment at the AFL tribunal because it's evidence which in no way, shape or form is real, in no way, shape or form has any basis and to be honest, in no way, shape or form has had any real meaning in relation to the true facts of the case as it happens," he said.

"And yet these particular players have been subjected to this process.

"I think James Hird said it immaculately well the other day, that these particular players and his support staff have rights which are currently well below that of the average Australian citizen.

"I mean, I find it quite comical because a lot of it is so far from the truth.

"But of course the part that I don't find comical is the fact that these 34 players have needed to be subjected to this."

Dank also revealed he received an infraction notice from the AFL late last year.

ASADA chief executive Ben McDevitt revealed earlier in the year that Dank's name had been placed on the Register of Findings, which is the precursor to a sport issuing an infraction notice.

But Dank told PM he had not responded to the AFL's infraction notice and that AFL had not pursued the matter.

While Essendon coach Hird is weighing up High Court action after unsuccessful appeals against the AFL and ASADA investigation into the club, Dank noted his intentions to see "certain people, certain bodies brought to justice".

Hird's case accuses ASADA of unlawfully using the AFL's power to force players into answering questions, but Dank refused to go into specifics about what a potential case would entail.

"I think it's pretty fair to say that this whole process has left the boundaries of simply damages and defamation action," he said.

"As I said, I'm not going to go into specifics, but as I said we want certain people, certain bodies brought to justice for what they've done throughout all of this.

"We don't just want to win defamation cases and damages cases. We want to bring people to the judicial process who need to be put under full investigation for their actions throughout this whole investigation.

"So this goes quite high and quite wide and it's when those particular people are brought to justice I'll be a lot more happier about saying the job's been done."

Closing submissions at the AFL anti-doping tribunal are set to be heard on February 18, with a verdict not guaranteed to be reached by the time the Bombers start their AFL season on April 4.

Dank seems unlikely to give evidence at the tribunal, nor will he opt to publicly give his side of the story.

"Simply to air it publicly isn't going to bring about justice and that was one reason why we didn't bother to venture into the quasi-judicial system of the kangaroo court involving the AFL tribunal and ASADA," he said.

"I mean, that can only be realised in a proper judicial process associated with a court of law.

"So I think it's laughable to suggest I would simply air my view or simply turn up to something as ridiculous as the AFL tribunal and think that justice is going to be done."

Dank was once again quizzed over whether he ever administered banned drugs to any players at Essendon or Cronulla, and his answer was an emphatic "no".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-05/afl-and-asada-constructed-story-to-incriminate-bombers-dank-says/6074058

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #3327 on: February 05, 2015, 11:16:02 PM »
If Dank has nothing to hide the where has he been for the last two years?
He's had his chance to reveal all but still seems very un willing to put a thing forward under oath.....

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3328 on: February 06, 2015, 10:44:13 AM »
Mirrors, smoke, and a heap of poo blokes
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3329 on: February 06, 2015, 01:34:57 PM »
If Dank has nothing to hide the where has he been for the last two years?
He's had his chance to reveal all but still seems very un willing to put a thing forward under oath.....
Just more pathetic and empty rhetoric from Dank. It was only two months ago he was supposedly 'quite happy' to attend the anti-doping tribunal to give evidence but of course he's now refused to show up  ::).

From December 3, 2014:

“I spoke to him (Dank) this morning. I speak to him quite regularly,” legal academic Martin Hardie told radio station 3AW.

“From what I understand, he’s quite happy to go before the tribunal and give evidence.

“He believes that when his evidence is heard it will be clear that there’s been no doping.

“He has offered to assist the players, to give evidence and even told the tribunal that he’d like the hearing to be in public.”

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-03/i-wont-give-evidence