Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555428 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
ASADA won't be appealing Anti-Doping Tribunal findings (ABC)
« Reply #3495 on: April 20, 2015, 03:37:08 PM »
ASADA has opted not to appeal the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal findings.

WADA now has 21 days to appeal.

--------------------------------------------------------------

ASADA statement

"As with all other decisions I have made in these matters this decision has largely been informed by comprehensive legal advice," McDevitt said in a statement.

"I am conscious that ASADA does not have a direct right of appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and the only appeal avenue open to ASADA at this time is to the AFL Anti-Doping Appeals Tribunal.

"I am also aware that appealing any of these decisions within the AFL framework would ultimately serve only to delay consideration of these matters by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).

"I have therefore arranged to provide the entire case file encompassing all 35 matters to WADA for its independent review.

"This is in accordance with global anti-doping protocols.

"WADA will then be able to make an independent decision as to whether to exercise its appeal options.

"ASADA will support any WADA initiated appeal in relation to these matters.

"In the interests of transparency, I would welcome the fullest possible release of the tribunal's findings and reasons on all of these matters."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-20/asada-will-not-appeal-anti-doping-tribunal-decision/6405652

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #3496 on: April 20, 2015, 04:30:34 PM »
wankharder have proven what a useless corporation they are by wasting our money.

can we please go back to the  darkest day in sport day again with those labor amateurs lined up all concerned in front of the nation, with what seems like no evidence at all.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3497 on: April 21, 2015, 11:52:51 AM »
ASADA truth will never be known: Bomber Thompson

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-20/no-one-will-ever-know-full-asada-truth-says-bomber

'Yeah, we don't know what substances were used and it was unethical but trust us it was all legal'  ::).

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3498 on: April 21, 2015, 12:58:42 PM »
U all pay money to the most corrupt entity in professional sport.

Idiots
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
WorkSafe seize documents relating to Essendon’s supplements program (H-Sun)
« Reply #3499 on: April 28, 2015, 11:51:31 PM »
WorkSafe Victoria seize documents relating to Essendon’s supplements program in 2012

Michael Warner
Herald-Sun
April 28, 2015 9:00PM

DOCUMENTS relating to Essendon's "pharmacologically experimental" supplements program have been seized by WorkSafe Victoria investigators probing the Bombers activities in 2012.

Player consent forms, emails and other key papers were handed to the workplace authority by a player agent last week.

WorkSafe is also in possession of documents from the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority investigation into Essendon.

The Herald Sun can reveal at least one former Bomber player has spoken with a WorkSafe investigator as part of its probe into the club's ill-fated 2012 drugs regimen.

WorkSafe is seeking to formally interview the 34 past and present Essendon players cleared of doping by an AFL tribunal on March 31.

In a letter sent to the players by WorkSafe inspector Max Schiavon last month, the authority confirms it is investigating whether the Bombers' supplements program run by sports scientist Stephen Dank was conducted in breach of the law.

“As you may be aware, WorkSafe is investigating the Essendon Football Club's 2011 and 2012 'supplement program',” the letter says. “Unlike the AFL/ASADA investigation, the WorkSafe investigation focuses on whether Essendon may have breached its duties as an employer under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004.

“WorkSafe understands that as an Essendon player during that period of time you may have been required to participate in the program. I would therefore like to talk to you about the program with a view to getting a witness statement from you.

“The issues I want to talk to you about focus on Essendon's processes and procedures for administering the supplement program, as well as any concerns you may have had about the program, either now or at the time.”

Aside from player co-operation, attempts by WorkSafe to prosecute Essendon are focusing on the club's admissions to governance failings agreed in a penalties settlement with the AFL in August 2013.

The Bombers were fined $2 million, stripped of draft picks and booted from the finals.

WorkSafe will argue the club has already admitted to serious governance breaches.

The club, individual directors and key staff could be heavily fined under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.

The workplace authority is conducting a separate investigation into the AFL over Essendon's drugs program.

The complaint, made by a member of the public, asserts that league chiefs failed properly to respond to warnings that players were being exposed to health and safety risks.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/worksafe-victoria-seize-documents-relating-to-essendons-supplements-program-in-2012/story-fndv8gad-1227325454547

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3500 on: April 29, 2015, 03:30:24 PM »
Ideally, WADA and Worksafe will go BANG simultaneously, starting the black hole that will eventually led to efc being deregistered - and Tasmania FC introduced into the AFL. Starting a new and happier phase in the history of football in Australia. 

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3501 on: May 12, 2015, 06:49:57 AM »
Herald Sun Website reporting as breaking news that WADA will appeal the Bombers Drug Case.

HUN calling it a "shock decision". Don't think it's a surprise at all

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/wada-to-lodge-appeal-against-afl-anti-doping-tribunal-decision-on-34-current-and-former-essendon-players/story-fni5f22o-1227351211580

And from the Age twitter

The Age ‏@theage  "After a thorough examination of the evidence...WADA has decided to lodge...[an] appeal," WADA director general David Howman.

6:48 AM - 12 May 2015

And from Bomber's Chairman

Herald Sun ‏@theheraldsun  · 8 minutes ago 

Essendon chairman Paul Little on shock WADA decision:
"It's really taken us all by surprise" http://bit.ly/1G0C5GW 

:rollin :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3502 on: May 12, 2015, 07:11:24 AM »
 :clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3503 on: May 12, 2015, 07:29:49 AM »
I'm pinning my hopes on the Workplace investigation.

:cheers

Reckless endangerment

Section 32 of the Act also provides for jail sentences for reckless endangerment. This is defined as where a person ‘recklessly engages in conduct that places or may place another person who is at a workplace in danger of serious injury’. Where this can be proven, the offence is punishable by up to the maximum fine listed above, and/or five years imprisonment for individuals.

http://workplaceohs.com.au/legislation/vic-legislation/vic-penalties

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #3504 on: May 12, 2015, 07:33:16 AM »
I'm pinning my hopes on the Workplace investigation.

:cheers

Reckless endangerment

Section 32 of the Act also provides for jail sentences for reckless endangerment. This is defined as where a person ‘recklessly engages in conduct that places or may place another person who is at a workplace in danger of serious injury’. Where this can be proven, the offence is punishable by up to the maximum fine listed above, and/or five years imprisonment for individuals.

http://workplaceohs.com.au/legislation/vic-legislation/vic-penalties

Haven't they already admitted they don't know what was injected?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3505 on: May 12, 2015, 08:21:43 AM »
They dont know what they injected, but it definitely wasnt an illegal substance........
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3506 on: May 12, 2015, 12:09:41 PM »
They dont know what they injected, but it definitely wasnt an illegal substance........

doublespeak

dwaino

« Reply #3507 on: May 12, 2015, 12:51:33 PM »
While the appeal isn't an absolute surprise, essendon sound completely rattled. Before they had the luxury of keeping so much in house within the AFL. Now it is beyond all of them and all they can do is hold on for dear life. Eddie said on MMM that one of the WADA lawyers involved is the main one who went after Armstrong?

Hird is also mistaken on the difference between 'innocent' and 'not guilty.'

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3508 on: May 12, 2015, 01:11:25 PM »

There's two legal versions and an illegal version. We don't know what we took but it was definitely wasn't the illegal one.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3509 on: May 12, 2015, 01:32:59 PM »
While the appeal isn't an absolute surprise, essendon sound completely rattled. Before they had the luxury of keeping so much in house within the AFL. Now it is beyond all of them and all they can do is hold on for dear life. Eddie said on MMM that one of the WADA lawyers involved is the main one who went after Armstrong?

Hird is also mistaken on the difference between 'innocent' and 'not guilty.'

Agree dwaino, media saying bombers were blindsided. Little was on SEN this morning and admitted that they had not gone through any "what if" scenarios because they didn't think WADA would appeal. What the....?

I mean how stupid was that? Then some equally delusional bomber supporter rang up and asked if the players are found guilty by WADA do the AFL have to enforce the penalties (suspensions)

Well yeah moron they do because the AFL is signatory to the WADA code..
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 01:56:29 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)