Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555442 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #3660 on: August 13, 2015, 03:39:35 PM »
Snip

refer next post
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:12:24 PM by WilliamPowell »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3661 on: August 13, 2015, 06:11:28 PM »

Bent's you know the rules

You've been told many, many times  :banghead 

But you continue to refuse to abide by the rules regading a need to supply a link for articles sourced from other web-sites :banghead :banghead

So no warning this time

There is no appropriate link to where the report came from, so it's been removed
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Essendon’s AFL anti-doping tribunal hearing revealed in secret 1294-page transcript

Herald-Sun
August 10, 2015

THE full chaos surrounding Essendon’s injections scandal is laid bare in the top-secret AFL anti-doping ­tribunal hearings.

The Herald Sun today publishes the 1294-page transcript from 17 days of hearings, lifting the lid on footy’s greatest crisis.

Full transcript here: http://media.heraldsun.com.au/multimedia/2015/aug/project/index4.html

The documents reveal that:

PLAYERS suffered painful side-effects from sports scientist ­Stephen Dank’s program, including aching buttocks throughout the 2012 season.

GEELONG has been formally linked to Dank.

ASADA relied on a witness, “Person A”, whose identity remains hidden.

EVIDENCE from one star Bombers player was dismissed by ASADA lawyers as “unusual”.

ASADA questioned if players “turned a blind eye”, and were not duped.

TRIBUNAL chairman David Jones joked he could use “Dr Dank” to treat his infected leg.

ESSENDON coach James Hird barely rates a mention in proceedings.

Player quotes from the transcript. Source: Supplied

http://www.news.com.au/national/essendons-afl-anti-doping-tribunal-hearing-revealed-in-secret-1294-page-transcript/story-e6frfkp9-1227476564564
Just reading the transcripts, the players can only have got off thanks to Essendon being an inept and incompetent joke. What a farce of a club. Dank is/was absolute nutjob. Talk about letting the lunatic run the asylum. From my perspective, Doc Reid has got off incredibly lightly. Surely, it's the doc's responsibility to check off any medical procedures recommended by the 'sports scientist' and make sure records are kept of what substances were injected, the dosage levels and how many times they were administered. As for Jimmy "whatever it takes" Hird :facepalm - If you see yourself as a personnel's superior to tell them what to do/don't then it's also your responsibility to make sure all the checks and balances are in place and that there's regular progress reports. You don't wait until the proverbial has hit the fan and then turn around and say  'I didn't understand what all these chemical/medical names mean, so I'm not responsible'  :doh  :wallywink.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3663 on: August 15, 2015, 05:17:12 PM »
Only at the Windy Hill cult, does a coach keep his job despite another 100+ point loss. Then again, if this is how Essendon performs under Hird then I hope he keeps the job forever  ;D. How's that footy dept. review going?  :snidegrin.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond

Just reading the transcripts, the players can only have got off thanks to Essendon being an inept and incompetent joke. What a farce of a club. Dank is/was absolute nutjob. Talk about letting the lunatic run the asylum. From my perspective, Doc Reid has got off incredibly lightly. Surely, it's the doc's responsibility to check off any medical procedures recommended by the 'sports scientist' and make sure records are kept of what substances were injected, the dosage levels and how many times they were administered. As for Jimmy "whatever it takes" Hird :facepalm - If you see yourself as a personnel's superior to tell them what to do/don't then it's also your responsibility to make sure all the checks and balances are in place and that there's regular progress reports. You don't wait until the proverbial has hit the fan and then turn around and say  'I didn't understand what all these chemical/medical names mean, so I'm not responsible'  :doh  :wallywink.

I am half way through reading the Chip Le Grand book on this saga "The Straight Dope"

And I have to say from what I've read so far I am even more  :gobdrop , staggered or whatever you want to call it than I was before

There are people involved in this who have got off very, very lightly indeed and I am not taking about Hird. There were some really stupid and I mean stupid people working at bomber land. So many just went to this kook Dank and took whatever he gave them

They are IMHO bankrupt morally not so much for what they did during the supplement program but what they DIDN'T do. And the Doctor is the most glaring one. Just suggest people read chapter 3 4 and you'll get what I mean
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 06:20:09 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Just suggest people read chapter 3 and you'll get what I mean

Transcript ::)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Just suggest people read chapter 3 and you'll get what I mean

Transcript ::)
Are you turning into bojo now? :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

Just reading the transcripts, the players can only have got off thanks to Essendon being an inept and incompetent joke. What a farce of a club. Dank is/was an absolute nutjob. Talk about letting the lunatic run the asylum. From my perspective, Doc Reid has got off incredibly lightly. Surely, it's the doc's responsibility to check off any medical procedures recommended by the 'sports scientist' and make sure records are kept of what substances were injected, the dosage levels and how many times they were administered. As for Jimmy "whatever it takes" Hird :facepalm - If you see yourself as a personnel's superior to tell them what to do/don't then it's also your responsibility to make sure all the checks and balances are in place and that there's regular progress reports. You don't wait until the proverbial has hit the fan and then turn around and say  'I didn't understand what all these chemical/medical names mean, so I'm not responsible'  :doh  :wallywink.

I am half way through reading the Chip Le Grand book on this saga "The Straight Dope"

And I have to say from what I've read so far I am even more  :gobdrop , staggered or whatever you want to call it than I was before

There are people involved in this who have got off very, very lightly indeed and I am not taking about Hird. There were some really stupid and I mean stupid people working at bomber land. So many just went to this kook Dank and took whatever he gave them

They are IMHO bankrupt morally not so much for what they did during the supplement program but what they DIDN'T do. And the Doctor is the most glaring one. Just suggest people read chapter 3 and you'll get what I mean
Spot on WP. Astonishing that the Doc got off so lightly when you read what actually went on. Omission is still negligence.

The bold bit, by the way, applies as much to the players themselves.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3668 on: August 16, 2015, 08:28:57 AM »
I have been very critical of the Doc's actions (or non actions) too. However, everybody must remember that we do not know if he is being remunerated for the job he has being doing for many years now.  Many club doctors volunteer their time at the club. So whilst it sounds terrible if he is being paid to do this job, it doesn't sound as bad if he has been doing this voluntarily all these years.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3669 on: August 16, 2015, 10:49:27 AM »
Maxwell said he wants to cut a deal with wada so it all goe awAy
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3670 on: August 16, 2015, 11:03:29 AM »
I just want to say thankyou to James "the golden-boy" Hird for his loyalty, faithfulness, devotion, allegiance, reliability, obedience, trustworthiness, steadfastness & commitment to the AFL competition for ruining the once mighty club that Kevin Sheedy built.
We supporters couldn't have wished for a better scenario than this. He is doing a stellar job week in week out as he continues to make them a non competitive rabble they are now.

Let's all celebrate his achievements so far and bask in the glory of the legacy he will leave not just on his club but this competition as a whole.  :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping
I hope the club & their supporters don't come to their senses and sack him. He deserves a contract extension so he can continue his great work.
#STANDBYHIRD
#WHATEVERITTAKES
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3671 on: August 16, 2015, 11:06:01 AM »
#mybumfeelslike concrete

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3672 on: August 16, 2015, 05:34:14 PM »
I have been very critical of the Doc's actions (or non actions) too. However, everybody must remember that we do not know if he is being remunerated for the job he has being doing for many years now.  Many club doctors volunteer their time at the club. So whilst it sounds terrible if he is being paid to do this job, it doesn't sound as bad if he has been doing this voluntarily all these years.

Doc, going by chapter 3 in the book, although only part time he is certainly being paid. Essendon have 2 doctors on staff 

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3673 on: August 16, 2015, 05:44:03 PM »

Doc, going by chapter 3 in the book, although only part time he is certainly being paid. Essendon have 2 doctors on staff
Thanks WP. It is terrible then! :thumbsup

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3674 on: August 17, 2015, 11:11:28 PM »

Don't think it makes a difference in my opinion. There is a code of conduct that all doctors should follow and turning a blind eye is not a part of it