Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 555452 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #3675 on: August 18, 2015, 01:40:17 PM »
I have been very critical of the Doc's actions (or non actions) too. However, everybody must remember that we do not know if he is being remunerated for the job he has being doing for many years now.  Many club doctors volunteer their time at the club. So whilst it sounds terrible if he is being paid to do this job, it doesn't sound as bad if he has been doing this voluntarily all these years.

Don't think it makes a difference in my opinion. There is a code of conduct that all doctors should follow and turning a blind eye is not a part of it
It's not a code of conduct we are talking about here though. If you volunteer to help out at anything you don't feel you are responsible for things that are either a little detached from your job description or that you've been told you are not part of. The sports science department was set up at Essendon separate to the medical department. When doc asked to know what the players were given he was ignored for 3 months. As a volunteer you would feel that you can't intrude any further.  However we have established that he is a paid employee of the club and thus has a responsibility in following up things that are not in his department but still impinge on his job description.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3676 on: August 18, 2015, 04:22:00 PM »
With Hird gone, interesting to see what the players do now. With their cult leader gone, will they finally cave to WADA just to end it all?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #3677 on: August 18, 2015, 06:38:35 PM »
With Hird gone, interesting to see what the players do now. With their cult leader gone, will they finally cave to WADA just to end it all?

Thought this as well, but that may depend on Little. At the start of the presser, the way Hird was talking was Little was going to resign too but he has since stated he is staying on until the end of the case. Whether that means he continues to fight it or he wraps it up I don't know.

Also interesting to note that Hird said he will tell all (yeah right...) when it no longer affects the club or the players. I interpret that as once all the players have moved on and the club has nothing to lose, only then will he admit he cheated.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3678 on: August 18, 2015, 10:37:47 PM »
I have been very critical of the Doc's actions (or non actions) too. However, everybody must remember that we do not know if he is being remunerated for the job he has being doing for many years now.  Many club doctors volunteer their time at the club. So whilst it sounds terrible if he is being paid to do this job, it doesn't sound as bad if he has been doing this voluntarily all these years.

Don't think it makes a difference in my opinion. There is a code of conduct that all doctors should follow and turning a blind eye is not a part of it
It's not a code of conduct we are talking about here though. If you volunteer to help out at anything you don't feel you are responsible for things that are either a little detached from your job description or that you've been told you are not part of. The sports science department was set up at Essendon separate to the medical department. When doc asked to know what the players were given he was ignored for 3 months. As a volunteer you would feel that you can't intrude any further.  However we have established that he is a paid employee of the club and thus has a responsibility in following up things that are not in his department but still impinge on his job description.

Even if he was a volunteer he has been the main doctor for how many years now? Oh well agree to disagree in the end we both have the same opinion now

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3679 on: August 18, 2015, 10:39:14 PM »

Also interesting to note that Hird said he will tell all (yeah right...) when it no longer affects the club or the players. I interpret that as once all the players have moved on and the club has nothing to lose, only then will he admit he cheated.

Dudes full of it. He'll re-hash the same "we are innocent but we don't know what we actually took" all over again. IF he was to come out with some substantial information you couldn't take him serious because why would he not bring it up before everything turned to poo? Could've ended it all by now if he actually had something

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3680 on: August 19, 2015, 07:43:19 AM »
Through all of this and even know I can't believe we are stuck with blobbo and his daily defence of his partner the turd.

Can't believe this bloke replaced Mike. Even as early as yesterday he was trying to deflect by calling out blues for tanking

His a disgrace this bloke for a journo
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3681 on: August 26, 2015, 02:07:23 AM »
 A COURT of Arbitration for Sport hearing for the Essendon supplements scandal will begin on November 15 in Sydney.

CAS says the case, involving 34 current and former Essendon players, is expected to last between five and seven days.

The hearing shapes as the longest conducted by CAS in recent years.

A verdict would typically follow weeks later.

The World Anti-Doping Agency has appealed an AFL ruling not to sanction players accused of using a banned peptide in 2012.

Players were allegedly injected with the banned substance, Thymosin Beta-4, at the suggestion of a sports scientist.

The AFL banned Essendon from the 2013 playoffs during the initial investigation.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/essendon-to-face-supplement-scandal-appeal-hearing-on-november-15/story-fni0fit3-1227498864049

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #3682 on: August 26, 2015, 11:47:53 AM »
 :clapping
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3683 on: August 26, 2015, 01:52:27 PM »
perfectly timed. the verdict will probably come after the pre season draft

who would trade for a player with this uncertainty hanging over them?

It screws Essendon because they wont be able to manage their list proprly.

it screws the players, because if they want to move clubs others clubs will be less willing to take the risk. those whose contract expires may find the pre season draft as their only option, with their immidiate futures still undecided.

and it screws the AFL completely because it will become a debacle that could see the bombers unable to field a team and not able to go to the draft to help fill the void,
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3684 on: August 26, 2015, 02:08:52 PM »
Bring back dimitriou the shifty wog idiot.

Make him pay
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #3685 on: August 26, 2015, 09:58:49 PM »
Bring back dimitriou the shifty wog idiot.

Make him pay

How many people did vlad inject with horse juice. 

... Zero
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3686 on: August 26, 2015, 10:26:08 PM »
How many did he cover up for?

...many more than zero.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3687 on: August 26, 2015, 10:43:44 PM »
Really recommend people read Chip Le Grand's "The Straight Dope". His book about this entire sordid saga.

Hasn't change my view only reinforced to me that a lot of people from all sides got off very lightly indeed

Staggered, horrified by what went on....

Good read, very balanced.

But just wrong so many people got off so lightly.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3688 on: August 26, 2015, 10:55:15 PM »
How many did he cover up for?

...many more than zero.

And he knew it was was going on - the whole time.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3689 on: August 26, 2015, 11:06:06 PM »
i think you give that dumb idiot too much credit
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI