Author Topic: At seasons end what should the numbers be as far as delists etc go.  (Read 2201 times)

the claw

Funnily enough weather we had a good yr or this yr the numbers have never differed much for me

me i think we should be looking at cutting possibly  7 from the list proper. this allows for at least 5 new faces through trades f/a and nd with a possible two rookie promotions.
i also think we can use 4 rookie picks. which obviously allows for 2 rookie promotions.
so all up it would be 9 new faces. it would allow us to address some areas in a big way.
personally id be looking for 3 mids, 2 tall fwds, 2 tall defenders 2 ruckmen. 1 sml/med fwd.so thats 10.
if we finish where we are id say we would have some chance at getting sam durdin a kpd. id like for us to try and trade for christian jaksch a kpf.  use a second rounder on a player like ryan lim. rookie a ruckman like cameron. rookie  a mature state league kpd like sully
but i digress the thread is about cutting and trading players the 9 id have in the gun are.

newman ret.
king ret.
a edwards ret.
s edwards delist/trade may get lucky.
petterd just doesnt have the skills.
batchelor just too many weaknesses hes an in betweener.
vickery trade we have 3 200cm ruck/fwds we dont need all three.
all 7 as far as i can gather are uncontracted hence why they are there in front of contracted players like grigg. there are others like helbig grigg houli knights with injury, ohanlon

rookies
stephenson ret.
banfield delist.
darrou promote ????? people say  that hes improved immensely. if he plays and proves himself he could earn promotion.personally i think it more likely he will be cut.
miles promote.

as people can plainly see there is a good case for turning over 9 or 10 players.

what are others opinions on the numbers we should be looking to cut.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
u dont wanna delist grigg ?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Hellenic Tiger

They're negotiating a 2 yr deal for Titch atm Claw.
Obviously they see him as important. :help

Hellenic Tiger

2 yrs left on his contract. :help

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
wheres the poll?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Rampstar

Newman retire
King retire
Foley retire
A.Edwards retire
Stephenson retire

Grigg trade for zero and get his salary of our salary cap
Knights trade for zero and get his salary of our salary cap
Hampson trade for zero just try and get his salary of our salary cap
Chaplin trade for zero just try and get his salary of our salary cap
Petterd trade or delist
Thomas delist
O'Hanlon delist
Batchelor trade for whatever we can get
Vickery trade for whatever we can get
S.Edwards trade for whatever we can get

15 changes alot but for me we either have players on this list who are too old to go on, players on big money which we should try and get of our salary cap, players who havent developed and some who may have some currency.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Newman retire
King retire
Foley retire
A.Edwards retire
Stephenson retire

Petterd trade or delist
Thomas delist
O'Hanlon delist

15 changes alot but for me we either have players on this list who are too old to go on, players on big money which we should try and get of our salary cap, players who havent developed and some who may have some currency.
The cuts you're making aren't deep enough Ramps!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Newman retire
King retire
Foley retire
A.Edwards retire
Stephenson retire

Petterd trade or delist
Thomas delist
O'Hanlon delist

houli?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

wow just wow

the claw

if hes contracted he aint gunna be delisted. thats the thinking. sheesh theres enough people crying over wasted money on contracts what would they be like if we cut contracted players and still had to pay their salary.

if this happens it will just about be the last straw for me. but hey ive already resigned myself to them re-signing most of the uncontracted players they are clearly in denial and cant see the truth about the list.
im not going thru another 7 to 9  yr rebuild and that is exactly what will be needed if they cant make a lot of hard decisions at seasons end.
im prepared to go back a little to complete the current build but that has to happen now. i suppose i will be just another in a very long and growing que who will be lost to the game and club.

Hellenic Tiger

2 yrs left on his contract. :help

Pay him out ffs

Oh yeah pay Grigg out, then pay Dimma out.
Then donate to Fraudulent Tiger Financing. :help

tony_montana

Funnily enough weather we had a good yr or this yr the numbers have never differed much for me

me i think we should be looking at cutting possibly  7 from the list proper. this allows for at least 5 new faces through trades f/a and nd with a possible two rookie promotions.
i also think we can use 4 rookie picks. which obviously allows for 2 rookie promotions.
so all up it would be 9 new faces. it would allow us to address some areas in a big way.
personally id be looking for 3 mids, 2 tall fwds, 2 tall defenders 2 ruckmen. 1 sml/med fwd.so thats 10.
if we finish where we are id say we would have some chance at getting sam durdin a kpd. id like for us to try and trade for christian jaksch a kpf.  use a second rounder on a player like ryan lim. rookie a ruckman like cameron. rookie  a mature state league kpd like sully
but i digress the thread is about cutting and trading players the 9 id have in the gun are.

newman ret.
king ret.
a edwards ret.
all 7 as far as i can gather are uncontracted hence why they are there in front of contracted players like grigg. there are others like helbig grigg houli knights with injury, ohanlon

rookies
stephenson ret.
banfield delist.
darrou promote ????? people say  that hes improved immensely. if he plays and proves himself he could earn promotion.personally i think it more likely he will be cut.
miles promote.

as people can plainly see there is a good case for turning over 9 or 10 players.

I agree with just about all of this, good post claw.

Funnily enough, as someone who has never been a fan of Petterd I wouldn't be adverse to keeping him as depth and insurance and getting rid of O'Hanlon. I also think Knight's career is over and Foley too, both players would have been very useful but sadly injury has ruined them.

Hellenic Tiger

newman ret.
king ret.
a edwards ret.

rookies
stephenson ret.
banfield delist.
miles promote.

Funnily enough, as someone who has never been a fan of Petterd I wouldn't be adverse to keeping him as depth and insurance and getting rid of O'Hanlon. I also think Knight's career is over and Foley too, both players would have been very useful but sadly injury has ruined them.

Foley was signed on a 3 yr deal end of 2012 TM?
Great. :help

Lionel Hutz clogging the courts since 1976. ;D

tony_montana

newman ret.
king ret.
a edwards ret.

rookies
stephenson ret.
banfield delist.
miles promote.

Foley was signed on a 3 yr deal end of 2012 TM?
Great. :help

Lionel Hutz clogging the courts since 1976.
1 more year it is then  ;D
 :lol