Author Topic: Midseason Player Review  (Read 1545 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Midseason Player Review
« on: May 31, 2011, 05:40:36 PM »
We're almost halfway through our season so with the bye this week a good time as any for some reflection on how each Tiger has performed over the first 10 rounds.

Who has improved/impressed/surprised you?

Who has disappointed or not come on as you would've hoped?

Who needs to pull their finger out in the second half of the year to survive the end of season cull?

Who do you want to see more of in the Richmond senior side in the second half of the season?

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Midseason Player Review
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 06:43:42 PM »

Jake King has been super. To think he might end up with 40 goals, this would be amazing.
The obvious one is Nahas. Superb effort.

Also wrapped with how Axel is progressing in his comeback.

One word.

Morton.

Who needs to pull their finger out in the second half of the year to survive the end of season cull?

Thursfield looks in trouble. Gourdis? Tuck?

Who do you want to see more of in the Richmond senior side in the second half of the season?

I want to find out if Webberly is up to it or not. Ditto Gourdis. Lets give him his chance and find out one way or the other. The other one is Dericxk, only because he will need to perform to get a game, and if this happens then our ruck division will be all the better for it.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 06:56:49 PM »
Been very impressed with Jake King playing the defensive forward role and kicking a few goals.
Vickery has improved alot and really helping Jack up forward.
Surprised with Nahas but Im very pleased the way he has came along.

Morton thought he had set himself up for a big season this year the way he recreated himself into a midfielder last year

Morton. Would think Tuck needs to do more to stay on not sure if he can take another step though.

Webberley been unlucky so far not to get a run but hopefully that just makes him more hungry to perform once given the chance.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 07:29:07 PM »
The Good - Lids  , Dusty , Cotch , King , Nahas

The Bad - Connors , Post  , Astbury

The ugly - Morton , Taylor

The encouraging - Foley , Vix , Grimes , Rance , Conca

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 10:16:14 PM »
Who has improved/impressed/surprised you? Improved Rance, impressed Vickery, surprised Nahas.

Who has disappointed or not come on as you would've hoped? Disappointed Morton, not come on Post

Who needs to pull their finger out in the second half of the year to survive the end of season cull? Connors

Who do you want to see more of in the Richmond senior side in the second half of the season? Griffiths

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 10:36:35 PM »

Nahas, King, Vickery

Taylor, McGuane, Morton, Astbury, Post

Morton, Tuck, Thursfield

Astbury, Post, Derrickx, Webberley
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 12:40:24 AM »
NAHAS!!! Thought he was gorn, but is now arguably in our Top 5 players this year
King hasn't improved over last year, but carried on his end of 2010 form, he's been great though
Vickery's steady improvement has been great
Rance has come a long way too

Morton the obvious choice
Troy Taylor is a massive disappointment the way he's given up
Mostly disappointed that we haven't seen much improvement from our 2nd year rookies, at least Contin has improved

Thursfield, Farmer, Connors, Hislop (by default)
Gourdis could be in trouble too but I just think we need him down back especially with Grimes out for most of the year now

Griffiths, Gourdis, Hislop, Dea and perhaps Derrickx

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 02:33:04 AM »

Nahas and King - had them gone by season end at the beginning of the year.
Conca and Batchelor - have come on quicker than expected for first year players.
Foley - just hoped at the start of the year he'd get through uninjured and then broke out again in 2012. Playing better than I expected in 2011.
Houli - cemented his spot in the side.

Our rucks - I was hoping one would have a breakout year.
Morton - out of the picture as both a midfielder and forward now.
Taylor - disappointing he has gone AWOL when the opportunity is there to play regular AFL footy.

Thursty, Miller, Morton, Tuck, Gourdis, White, Hicks, Westhoff. Taylor will be gone as well if he doesn't make any commitment.

Griffiths (in say a month's time), Post, Astbury, Contin, Webberley. We are still in development mode. Forget about wins/losses in 2011.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 07:02:43 AM »
Griffiths (in say a month's time), Post, Astbury, Contin, Webberley. We are still in development mode. Forget about wins/losses in 2011.

Wins will take care of themsleves  ;D

King & Nahas but especially Nahas
Rance & Vickery

Obviously Morton, and Astbury hasn't come on the way I thought he would (so far).

You can throw Post in there was well -- not sure what to make of Post to be honest & Gourdis

Gus, Connors, Thursfield, (Will where are you?) & Gourdis

DerickX, Contin & give Hislop 4 games to see if there is anything worth keeping him for
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 07:12:18 AM »
Who has improved/impressed/surprised you? King, Nahas, Vickery, Conca, Batchelor, Houli

Who has disappointed or not come on as you would've hoped? Morton, Taylor(really disappointed as thought he could become a really good player)

Who needs to pull their finger out in the second half of the year to survive the end of season cull? Thursfield, Gourdis, Connors

Thursfield, Gourdis, Post, Griffiths, O'Reilly, Tuck, Webberley, Astbury, Derrickx

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 07:54:24 AM »

Wins will take care of themsleves  ;D

Thats the crux of it WP. The key to development is to actually develop the players so that they will start winning. Put the correct systems in place and the wins will take of themselves.

The alternative is to develop a loosing culture like Melbourne have and end up being labeled as a side that wants to play "bruise-less football", to quote Mitch Robertson
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 09:41:27 AM »
Who has improved/impressed/surprised you? Nahas - didn't know he could play that well, Foley - looks to be over his injuries, Martin - I thought he might have a quieter year

Who has disappointed or not come on as you would've hoped? Morton, Post, Connors, Taylor

Who needs to pull their finger out in the second half of the year to survive the end of season cull?  Morton, Post, Connors, Hicks, Thursfield, Nason, Webberley, Gourdis, Tuck, Taylor  

Who do you want to see more of in the Richmond senior side in the second half of the season?  Griffiths, Hislop  ;D, Dea, O'Rielly, Webberley, Derickx
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Con65

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 06:07:46 PM »

improved: Nahas King Martin Rance Vickery White Grimes
impressed: Conca, Batchelor, Grimes, Nahas, King, Vickery, Houli & Grigg
surprised: Nahas

Post, Astbury, Connors, Morton, TT

Hislop, Post, TT, Thursty, Connors, Morton

Dea, Astbury, Goo, Farmer, Webberley, Griff, Post

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 06:19:21 PM by WilliamPowell »

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 08:48:23 PM »
Nahas, King, Grimes, Rance, Houli, Rance, Conca

Edwards, Morton, Taylor

Morton, Gourdis, Tuck, Thursfield

Astbury, Griffiths, Derickx