Author Topic: Umpiring last night  (Read 3330 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Umpiring last night
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 02:41:51 PM »
Just watched both games again (mainly to piece together the bits I missed after Fri evening pub session) and the difference in the standard of umpiring from the Melb game to the North game was huge.  We got smashed by the maggots in game 2 last night, no better example than Morris' penalty for running too far vs Daw's goal.  Morris took 15 steps and got pinged, Daw took 19 and kicked a goal.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 02:51:53 PM »
reverse racism

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 03:08:28 PM »
Just watched both games again (mainly to piece together the bits I missed after Fri evening pub session) and the difference in the standard of umpiring from the Melb game to the North game was huge.  We got smashed by the maggots in game 2 last night, no better example than Morris' penalty for running too far vs Daw's goal.  Morris took 15 steps and got pinged, Daw took 19 and kicked a goal.
Who was the umpire in North's forward line? It wasn't Bannister was it?

Geisch will give it all the okay like he always does anyway  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 03:45:18 PM »
They are maggots in the ore season and maggots during the home and away.

One thing that never changes.

Another thing is Nort yes do always seem to get the rub of the green from the maggots too.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 04:17:37 PM »
Some very perplexing decisions last night. Deja vu with playing North this time last year. I think Vickery and co. reacted to being frustrated with the scragging and opponent's arms over the shoulder not being paid frees.

The inconsistency award of the night went to umps with Morris being pinged for running too far on the wing yet Daw ran a mile without bouncing the ball to kick that goal.

Did a report come out of the North game? They showed replay of a scuffle and the crowd went "woah!" as though a punch had been thrown.

Watched a replay of the Daw goal and he had 17 strides before kicking the goal, noting that his stride is that of a small canoe I would guess he ran in the region of 25-30 metres without a bounce. These are the sorts of decisions that seem to go against us time after time. A nothing game but I would love to see stats for the highest penalised team in the last 2 minutes of quarters, we would have to be at the top of the list.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 08:02:10 PM »

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 08:46:13 PM »
on two occasions tonight ellis was the only bloke prepared to put his head over over the ball and got penalised because his head made contact with an opponents legs who was too scared to put his head over the ball. The second time the north bloke actually pulled out of the contest.

combine that with the amount of times a bloke takes possession and is tackled straight away, only to penalised, and the mission to turn the game into one where the bloke who wants the ball the most is penalised, while the weak prick hanging back is rewarded, is almost complete.

success is within reach Andy, well done on stuffing the game completely.  :clapping

I thought that decision was the biggest joke ive ever seen in umpiring, thats right his head connects with leg and he is penalized, yea, that makes sense ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 10:31:22 PM »
I counted 12 Morris steps.

We always get shafted. Howver the extent to which eliis was, just not right.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame

the claw

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 11:10:02 PM »
yep it sure seems north are looked after.
i watch a fair few eagles games and over the yrs they cant buy a free kick against north. its also been my opinion we have regularly copped the wrong end of the stick when playing them.
if any poster on here is unbiased when it comes to the tiges it has to be me.  i absolutely loathe useing the umps as an excuse but bloody hell that mob are well looked after in this area.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 04:05:35 PM »
on two occasions tonight ellis was the only bloke prepared to put his head over over the ball and got penalised because his head made contact with an opponents legs who was too scared to put his head over the ball. The second time the north bloke actually pulled out of the contest.

combine that with the amount of times a bloke takes possession and is tackled straight away, only to penalised, and the mission to turn the game into one where the bloke who wants the ball the most is penalised, while the weak prick hanging back is rewarded, is almost complete.

success is within reach Andy, well done on stuffing the game completely.  :clapping

I didn't see the game so I'm unsure what happened. But I don't mind the rule much if it's used well. If Ellis put his head over the ball WITHOUT his feet leaving the ground, stupid call. If he dived on it, free kick. I only say this cause I know blokes who "dive for the ball" but aim for the legs to hurt people.

Okay finally him get pinned for hitting him below the knees. Stupid stupid call  :banghead

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 06:19:11 PM »
So in effect.

The rival player was in danger of hurting his lower legs.

Ellis was at danger of head injury.

Both went the ball. And the free kick is awarded against Ellis. Interesting rule.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 11:31:17 PM »
The Dustin f throwing incident was a horrible piece of cheating

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 11:35:36 PM »
The Dustin f throwing incident was a horrible piece of cheating
It worked out best for us that h got away with it.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 11:41:29 PM »
Razor Ray was back confusing supporters with his decisons. I think he gave almost every 50m penalty.

The umps were red hot on holding the ball today. There must have been another memo from Giesch as the umps always go overboard early in the season cracking down on certain rules.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd