Author Topic: Richmond list analysis - 5 A graders, No B's, too many C-graders: Buckenara (HS)  (Read 3342 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

I'd argue Jack is a deadset A grader who played a few poor games at the end of the year.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
I actually think we only have one "A" grader and that is Rance.

Cotchin , Jack and Lids despite thier reputations - in reality play at a B grade level.

Dusty can look fantastic at times but he does butcher the ball and has accumulated plenty of cheap stats this year.

Agree with this somewhat. Jack and Martin if were more consistent would be A Grade locks. Cotchin is a B Grader. Lids I'd say is a A Grader when he plays.

A Grader wins you games which all of them do probably bar Cotch. But with Lids body nowdays and Jack and Martin incosistencies they are probably B Graders.

Cotchin's won more games for us then all of them over the years.......geez....you flogs just re-write history carry on like he's another Tambling....

I actually think we only have one "A" grader and that is Rance.

Cotchin , Jack and Lids despite thier reputations - in reality play at a B grade level.

Dusty can look fantastic at times but he does butcher the ball and has accumulated plenty of cheap stats this year.

FMD you go from one end of the spectrum to the other ey

Bi-polar?

Was thinking more the autism one

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
We could do a lot worse than Buckenara as our list manager
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Jackson....? :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Jack kicked 48 goals this year , his worse return since 2009 . Missing easy shots is creeping into his game . Did not kick a bag of 5 in 2016 .

Dusty has usually been good for 25-30 goals the last 5 seasons - this year he has kicked 9 . Sure his stats look good this year and he will poll well in the brownlow  - but I would rather see him hurt the opposition on the scoreboard than accumulate cheap meaningless possessions on the backline.

Lets face it , we have been waiting for Cotchin to return to the dynamic level he was playing at in 2012 for years now .We get a glimpse of it every now and again - like against Collingwood and Sydney in 2015 ....but overall he's become so vanilla .

Lids body has become so fragile these days lately he's becoming irrelevant.

The public perception is that Richmond has 5 "A" graders but I'm not sure if that is the reality. If it was true surely we would of won more than 8 games this year.

I think in Reality its something like this .....

Rance A+ ( Elite )
Martin A
Jack B+
Lids B
Cotch B

I do think under another coach things could be a lot different and definitely for the better.
Unleash the tornado

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Define A Grade. For mine, A Grade is All Australian or at worst in top 40 list. As in best team in comp. Or best half dozen in position.

Who has made the top 40 players this year in AFL?

Rance and Dusty.

Have a lie down u idiots. Cotchin is not an A Grader. If you have a weaker opinion on what A Grade means, by all means classify him as one. Who cares.
Go Tigers!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
So only the top 5% ("at worst") in the AFL are A-graders? Where do the rest fit? Does your scale go down to z?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Buckenara is saying nothing that has not been said for  yrs on end.
As for rating the list.

A grade = Elite.
B grade = Very good.
C grade = good.
D grade = Footsoldier.
E grade - Below ave
F grade = Development.

The vast majority of players falls into the last three categories.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Define A Grade. For mine, A Grade is All Australian or at worst in top 40 list. As in best team in comp. Or best half dozen in position.

Rance and Dusty.

Have a lie down u idiots. Cotchin is not an A Grader. If you have a weaker opinion on what A Grade means, by all means classify him as one. Who cares.

So we're just basing it on this season?

Jasper Pittard Port's only A-Grader is he?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Jackson....? :lol

Well, that's probably pretty self evident.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Cotchin and Jack and Lids are also top players if they could get some help they would be superstars.  If they were playing for the Dorks, Jack would be looking at another Coleman rather than being used as a utility donkey.  Cotchin wouldn't have to be working like a cheap in and under battering ram and so on.  They wouldn't be receiving hospital hand passes from 3 feet away by someone with no pressure on them when they are surrounded by three opposition players.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Cotchin and Jack and Lids are also top players if they could get some help they would be superstars.  If they were playing for the Dorks, Jack would be looking at another Coleman rather than being used as a utility donkey.  Cotchin wouldn't have to be working like a cheap in and under battering ram and so on.  They wouldn't be receiving hospital hand passes from 3 feet away by someone with no pressure on them when they are surrounded by three opposition players.
:lol Oh so accurate...
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Martin is without a doubt an A grader. He always goes for kicks with a fairly high degree of difficulty and usually has no one running and spreading for him so usually has to either take someone on or release the ball under great pressure which effects his Disposal Efficiency. If the Tigers actually had decent run and spread Martin's kicking efficiency would go through the roof.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Buckenara is a good footy judge. Our best recruiting path would be to get him if he is interested. Notably he didn't mention Griff or TV. What would he do if he's not going after Cloke in the kpp dept for next year? TV is probably gone, use pick 6 on a half forward?

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick

Rance and Dusty.

So we're just basing it on this season?

Jasper Pittard Port's only A-Grader is he?

What seasons are we basing this on if not this season? lol
Go Tigers!