Author Topic: After 5 rounds report card: Richmond (Herald-Sun)  (Read 726 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
After 5 rounds report card: Richmond (Herald-Sun)
« on: April 27, 2017, 06:18:20 PM »
RICHMOND

THUMBS UP:
In a reinvented forward line, 182cm Dan Butler has brought some serious intensity, and a pleasing touch of aggression.

JURY’S OUT: Sam Lloyd played every game last year, kicking 35 goals. But he hasn’t been seen since Round 1 as the Tigers rebuild their forward half.

TICK: New forward press has worked wonders, creating 33 forward half turnovers per game — ranked No.1.

CROSS: Has lost uncontested possession count by 32.2 per game — the third worst differential of any side.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/afl-report-card-jon-anderson-rates-every-club-after-five-rounds/news-story/55363cc21d21066757ea4fa99c09bba0

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: After 5 rounds report card: Richmond (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 06:29:25 PM »
How is losing the uncontested possession count a negative???

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 07:03:26 PM »
Probably just trying to find a stat for the line.

Id say our inability to move the ball out of the defence is a sore point. Consistently losing i50 counts.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 07:10:45 PM »
Tipping Adelaide will make us pay far more for that than any of our previous opponents have...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 07:35:35 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 07:53:01 PM »
How is losing the uncontested possession count a negative???
Excellent point.
I think it is a pro as long as we are winning. It means we are playing far more direct footy with fewer possessions per scoring involvement. I thought that is what "ideal footy" is all about - being 100% efficient with the footy in your hands. The winner of the game isn't the team with the most possessions last time I looked at the scoreboard.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.