Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 557894 times)

Ox

Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »

ESSENDON assistant coach Mark Thompson says he feels embarrassed to walk in public in light of the drug scandal currently engulfing his club.

"To be honest we just have to sit back and wait, and we can't defend ourselves because we're just not allowed to and we understand that, we're part of this process where we want to find the truth out and once the truth comes out we'll deal with the consequences.

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/bomber-thompson-embarrassed-over-essendon-drugs-scandal/story-e6frf9jf-1226585429552

So, does that mean everything he said prior to that is a lie?

dwaino

« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2013, 03:44:45 PM »
inb4 nothing happens. :-[

gerkin greg

« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2013, 03:49:41 PM »
yep

"Essendong have been found not guilty of doping. As a result Dean Robinson will be suspended from the AFL for 12 months, Football Manager Danny Corcoran for 6 months, and the club will be fined $500,000. But I reiterate that there is no conclusive evidence proving that they systematically doped their players in breach of AFL and ASADA drug codes. I'm not even sure what the definition of doping means" – Gilligan McLaughlin

dwaino

« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2013, 04:23:41 PM »
Give or take petty details, reckon you'll be bang on there gherkin.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #259 on: February 28, 2013, 03:26:34 AM »
The other he [Evans] would not detail yesterday but related to some disturbing practices that have taken place without his knowledge. Nor, and this is damning for chief executive Ian Robson,  was the administration aware of these practices.

At least three 2012 Essendon players have confirmed to football officials that they were injected in the stomach by Stephen Dank twice a week over a three-month period last season. Those players also named two senior coaches who participated in this supplements program. Dank has alleged those coaches’ supplements were ‘‘a little bit outside’’ the WADA code.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/thompson-robson-the-likely-fall-guys-20130227-2f6e2.html#ixzz2M7KKQ600

COACH James Hird and senior assistant Mark Thompson have been virtually assured they will remain at Essendon despite the club opening its doors to an independent investigator.

See more at: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/vote-of-support-for-essendon-coach-james-hird-and-assistant-mark-thompson/story-e6frf9jf-1226587193042#sthash.Ibmm0cdf.dpuf

Ox

« Reply #260 on: February 28, 2013, 02:07:42 PM »
Well, we best tarnish their remaining reputations as best we can.

Propaganda 101.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #261 on: March 01, 2013, 03:35:31 AM »
TWO AFL players have stepped forward and ''blown the whistle'', complaining to the AFL of irregular practices at their clubs.

The players are the first to respond to the competition's whistleblower policy, first mooted after the Essendon scandal and the Australian Crime Commission's disturbing findings into match fixing and drug cheating in sport.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-players-blow-the-whistle-20130228-2f98e.html#ixzz2MDECtZKp

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #262 on: March 01, 2013, 06:15:48 AM »
''The whistleblower service will protect individuals who come forward, guarantee confidentiality and offer reduced sanctions to those who put their hands up and, in some cases, no sanctions.''. - Andrew Demetriou

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-players-blow-the-whistle-20130228-2f98e.html#ixzz2MDrfCSdn

So its possible players who admit being drug cheats and can get get off without any sanctions (from the AFL), whilst guaranteeing they won't be named. Just by admitting it.

Eff me this game is stuffed.  :facepalm

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #263 on: March 01, 2013, 06:21:13 AM »
''The whistleblower service will protect individuals who come forward, guarantee confidentiality and offer reduced sanctions to those who put their hands up and, in some cases, no sanctions.''. - Andrew Demetriou

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-players-blow-the-whistle-20130228-2f98e.html#ixzz2MDrfCSdn

So its possible players who admit taking drugs and can get get off without any sanctions (from the AFL), whilst guaranteeing they won't be named

Dooks

Did you see any evidence of this during your days?

'65

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #264 on: March 01, 2013, 06:27:09 AM »
Not so, but I do recall a kid running out with a full beard in under 14's.

Who knows what the deal was with that.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #265 on: March 01, 2013, 06:51:37 AM »

So its possible players who admit being drug cheats and can get get off without any sanctions (from the AFL), whilst guaranteeing they won't be named. Just by admitting it.

We should have a side bet amongst us punters what penalty these clowns will get

In tipping jack

The blackest day in australian sport my arse

its actually the funniest day in australian sport

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #266 on: March 01, 2013, 08:29:20 AM »

65 thinks you played AFL? :lol

Maybe the kid wasn't 14. Some junior clubs cheat you know. Not in the spirit of the game IMO and we need integrity officers at each club in Australia to sort this out.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #267 on: March 01, 2013, 10:31:41 AM »

Maybe the kid wasn't 14. Some junior clubs cheat you know. Not in the spirit of the game IMO and we need integrity officers at each club in Australia to sort this out.

Not AFL

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #268 on: March 01, 2013, 11:04:52 AM »

Not AFL

VFL? You have him confused with someone else if you think he could play. ;D

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #269 on: March 01, 2013, 04:44:53 PM »

We should have a side bet amongst us punters what penalty these clowns will get

In tipping jack

The blackest day in australian sport my arse

its actually the funniest day in australian sport

I'll say jack too.

But we wont know what they get assuming the afl is true to its word of guarenteeing confidentiality