Author Topic: Essendon face AFL probe/Players found Guilty by CAS  (Read 557883 times)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Essendon face AFL probe
« Reply #2595 on: June 13, 2014, 05:36:32 PM »
Remember the Scott McLaren incident when Hird was a player? The only person to be found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute twice. Has always thought himself & his club above the game.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2596 on: June 13, 2014, 07:01:28 PM »
james thinks james is special. more special than anyone else.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2597 on: June 13, 2014, 07:12:31 PM »
'We will not be bullied': Dons fire back at ASADA, launch court challenge
Callum Twomey 
afl.com.au
June 13, 2014

ESSENDON has fired a shot back at the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, alleging its joint investigation with the AFL into the club is unlawful and in breach of the ASADA act.

The Bombers have filed a Federal Court application against ASADA that aims to rule the case against the club "null and void”.

Essendon chairman Paul Little confirmed the move at a media conference on Friday afternoon.

“The board concluded unanimously that the club is left with no alternative but to fight to protect the reputations and livelihood of our players," Little said.

"There is no power or capacity under the ASADA act to conduct a joint investigation, and there never was.

"This challenge on the joint investigation is not merely a technical matter. The application to the federal court seeks to enforce the rule of law.

"If we are right, and we believe we are, the court will declare the investigation null and void. We will seek a permanent injunction of all of the information collected in that investigation."

Little said the club believed the letters outlining the allegations against each player do not contain any evidence to support the "very serious" allegations against the individuals.

Little questioned how the players could respond without understanding the evidence against them, and took aim at ASADA's "media blitz" and "grandstanding" throughout Friday, which has seen the organisation's new boss Ben McDevitt conduct numerous interviews.

"Enough is enough. We will not be bullied and will not allow our players to be hung out to dry any longer," Little said. "They have suffered enough."

Read more: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-13/dons-to-challenge-asada

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2598 on: June 13, 2014, 07:13:56 PM »
Paul Little on 3AW Football

Little spoke with 3AW Football and faced some tough questions.

LISTEN: Caroline Wilson and Paul Little get fiery

Caroline Wilson: “You talked today about players being hung out to dry and having suffered enough. Do you regret that key personnel did not stand up and take responsibility and therefore mitigate the damage to those players now?”

Paul Little: “What today’s initiative was about was challenging the legal rights of ASADA to conduct a joint investigation.”

Caroline Wilson: “I understand that... but I put to you that isn’t it a pity that certain key personnel were not prepared to put their hand up earlier and apologise and take responsibility and maybe help or save the players?

Paul Little: “I don’t think it’s got anything to do with that, I think ASADA had a process, they made it very clear to us what our role was post self-reporting. We complied fully with that process and I don’t think any individual putting his hand up mid-stream would have made any difference quite frankly.”

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-football-blog/essendon-to-fight-in-federal-court/20140612-3a0b8.html

3AW Football @3AWisfootball  twitter:

Little: 'I'm dealing with facts at the moment and people who have received notices are players. My energy is with protecting their interests'

Caroline Wilson to Paul Little: Why now Paul?

Little:'We want the players to put faith in the club & the legal advisors that are working for them,to allow them space to think about footy

----------------------------------------------

Caro: 'James Hird will not coach the football club again'

Caro: 'I think Bruce Reid is the most guilty of everybody involved who was sanctioned.'

Lloyd: 'I would trust Bruce Reid with my kids.'

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2599 on: June 13, 2014, 09:21:57 PM »

Caro: 'I think Bruce Reid is the most guilty of everybody involved who was sanctioned.'

Good that you would Lloydy. I certainly wouldn't

Agree with Caro. I've never understood why if he was so disgusted by what was going on why he after he wrote that letter he didn't follow anything up
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2600 on: June 13, 2014, 09:55:12 PM »
Essendon self reported right. :help
Still holding the game to ransom and their players.
Flog Footy Club.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2601 on: June 13, 2014, 10:13:30 PM »
James is special. He's currently being paided millions for jacking off on the French Riviera

Good leadership little  :shh

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2602 on: June 13, 2014, 10:23:56 PM »
Paul Little on 3AW Football

Little spoke with 3AW Football and faced some tough questions.

LISTEN: Caroline Wilson and Paul Little get fiery

Caroline Wilson: “You talked today about players being hung out to dry and having suffered enough. Do you regret that key personnel did not stand up and take responsibility and therefore mitigate the damage to those players now?”

Paul Little: “What today’s initiative was about was challenging the legal rights of ASADA to conduct a joint investigation.”

Caroline Wilson: “I understand that... but I put to you that isn’t it a pity that certain key personnel were not prepared to put their hand up earlier and apologise and take responsibility and maybe help or save the players?

Paul Little: “I don’t think it’s got anything to do with that, I think ASADA had a process, they made it very clear to us what our role was post self-reporting. We complied fully with that process and I don’t think any individual putting his hand up mid-stream would have made any difference quite frankly.”

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-football-blog/essendon-to-fight-in-federal-court/20140612-3a0b8.html

Little: 'I'm dealing with facts at the moment and people who have received notices are players. My energy is with protecting their interests'

Caroline Wilson to Paul Little: Why now Paul?

Little:'We want the players to put faith in the club & the legal advisors that are working for them,to allow them space to think about footy

----------------------------------------------

Little talks a lot of poo

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2603 on: June 13, 2014, 10:36:00 PM »
Look at littles face.
It's the face of a cook.
Water and people find their own levels

So, how many players are going to walk ?
Caracella and Balmey.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2604 on: June 13, 2014, 10:44:10 PM »
I wouldn't trust Doc Reid prescribing me a butter menthol.
Lloyd is a malaka.
Essendon have no credibility and a shot reputation.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2605 on: June 13, 2014, 11:52:47 PM »
Triple M Footy news-breaker Damian Barrett has tonight revealed that suspended Essendon coach James Hird will take personal action against ASADA's CEO.

“That action has been lodged this evening and it has been confirmed by the club that James Hird will follow his club itself in taking Federal Court action against ASADA," Damian Barrett told Triple M Footy.

“We can now reveal that James Albert Hird is also taking action against the Chief Executive Officer of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority.”

"This is a personal action that he is taking against the Chief Executive.”

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2606 on: June 14, 2014, 12:21:20 AM »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2607 on: June 14, 2014, 12:31:22 AM »
 ;D
This advice would later form a key piece of the puzzle later assembled by ASADA. This was because it matched the frequency of injections of a drug described only as ''thymosin'' on the consent forms given to Bombers players treated by Dank.

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2608 on: June 14, 2014, 02:06:53 AM »
What a coincidence - Hird decides to go to the Federal Court on the same day as Essendon does  ::).

Court:    Federal Court of Australia, Victoria Registry
Number:    VID328/2014
Title:    James Albert Hird v The Chief Executive Officer Of The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority
Filing Date:    13-Jun-2014

https://www.comcourts.gov.au/file/Federal/P/VID328/2014/actions

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2609 on: June 14, 2014, 10:01:26 AM »
God bless Caroline Wilson