Author Topic: Nick Vlastuin set to move into Richmond’s midfield in team shake-up (H-Sun)  (Read 6024 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Nick Vlastuin set to move into Richmond’s midfield in 2017 in team shake-up

Chris Cavanagh
Herald Sun
26 January, 2017  7:00pm

RICHMOND is set to release the shackles on Nick Vlastuin and free him into a new-look midfield.

The 22-year-old, who was drafted as an onballer with pick No.9 in 2012, has spent much of his first four seasons at the club on a half-back flank and was last year sent deep into defence as a back pocket.

However, Vlastuin has spent the summer building his fitness and training with the Tigers’ midfield group as he gets set to join recruits Dion Prestia and Josh Caddy as part of a new onball brigade.

“Some of the promising young backmen have kicked me out of there so I’ll see how I go in the midfield, I suppose,” Vlastuin said during the club’s pre-season camp in Maroochydore.

One of those promising young defenders is Oleg Markov, who Vlastuin said had taken further strides forward this summer after playing eight games on debut last season.

“Oleg has been unreal,” Vlastuin said.

“(He) probably got lucky with a couple of games (last year) because of injury but then he earned his spot, definitely, and now he’s looking really well.”

While not wanting to set any expectations for the Tigers this year, Vlastuin said this pre-season had felt a lot different with plenty of fresh faces around the club both on and off the field.

Richmond chose not to renew the contracts of five assistant coaches in a 2016 post-season cull, replacing them with former Brisbane Lions coach Justin Leppitsch, Blake Caracella, Craig McRae and Xavier Clarke and bringing in Neil Balme as football department general manager.

“(There’s) a lot of new coaches, couple new players, a lot of new ideas so it’s felt really refreshing,” Vlastuin said.

Richmond tackles Adelaide in its first match of the JLT Community Series on Friday, February 24.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/nick-vlastuin-set-to-move-into-richmonds-midfield-in-2017-in-team-shakeup/news-story/417368f800d763d1250bcf67d41b4df3

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
a lot of new ideas? Floss in the midfield.  FMD just read oer and you will get the ideas you need.

idiots

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Dimmer U stuffn loser.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Mind you after 4 seasons he realised lol  :banghead :banghead

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Mind you after 4 seasons he realised lol  :banghead :banghead
Fast learner! :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dimmer U stuffn loser.

how stuffin stupid can one person be? FMD no wonder he lost the players. Who the stuff would want to play for such a poo coach.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Merge with sack Hardwick thread

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

how stuffin stupid can one person be? FMD no wonder he lost the players. Who the stuff would want to play for such a poo coach.

Actually that's part of the problem as to why he didn't lose his job

On the contrary he hasn't lost the players, never has , they love him and that was one of the considerations in extending that contract  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

On the contrary he hasn't lost the players, never has , they love him and that was one of the considerations in extending that contract  :rollin

Sydney game late in the season he clearly lost them WP
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Happy NV is moving into the midfield. he got a couple of goes in there last year and I thought he excelled. good on him and hope they persevere.

Mind you it looks as if we will have the biggest midfield in the AFL!!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Sydney game late in the season he clearly lost them WP
Wasn't that the last game of the year with no motivation at all playing the top team on their own deck?

I thought the GWS game was far worse.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
yeah they are really playing for him.  :lol :lol :lol Willy get your head out of the clouds mate this is the RFC, not a professional organisation.

I can see they how they rallied for their esteemed leader, especially after their efforts in the following years after the elim final losses.

They may like him but to suggest they are playing for him is quite comical.

FWIW i remember newman once told me he really liked wallace. Guess what happened a few months later

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
'bout stuffin' time.... :clapping
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
yeah they are really playing for him.  :lol :lol :lol Willy get your head out of the clouds mate this is the RFC, not a professional organisation.

I can see they how they rallied for their esteemed leader, especially after their efforts in the following years after the elim final losses.

They may like him but to suggest they are playing for him is quite comical.

FWIW i remember newman once told me he really liked wallace. Guess what happened a few months later

Angus I didn't say I agreed with it

I just said what has been publicly stated.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

strongandbold

I can't stand Hardwick, but he can't be and isn't at fault for absolutely everything that goes on fellas, he is the senior coach? sure but he cannot be in control of everything.

Vlastuin hasn't played as a midfielder cos his had a poo tank, which is an indictment on our fitness program and staff.