Author Topic: Tambling vs Daniel Wells  (Read 2072 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tambling vs Daniel Wells
« on: September 16, 2007, 04:56:34 AM »
Both early picks, both midfielders, both labelled on draft day as having that magical "X-factor" and both maligned in recent years for not living up to supporter expectations.

Do you folks think Blingers and Wells are similar in the way they play and a sign of what we can expect from Tambo or does Blingers have more strings to his bow?

Wells had a great second half in last night's semi-final when it mattered btw.

richmondrules

Re: Tambling vs Daniel Wells
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 07:15:51 AM »
I understand the comparison but way too early to make a call on Bling. Wells on the other hand has shown himself to be able to play some very good, even match winning football in bursts just not often enough for my liking. You would have to be a little disappointed in Wells. Not a total loss but you get the feeling there could be so much more.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 09:11:14 AM »
despite big stats I thought he was only okay, hada few disastrous turnovers, but then again so did many of his teammates. I am not going to judge blingers against anyone at least for another 2 years because by then we should know where he stands

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 02:16:17 PM »
 :pray Hopefully.

Wells is becoming a gun. Was great against the Hawks.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 03:36:27 PM »
:pray Hopefully.

Wells is becoming a gun. Was great against the Hawks.

I tend to disagree about that one, stats looked good but made some bad turnovers, but he is definetly a gun AFL player

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 09:36:52 PM »
The media have got stuck into Wells this week. Hopefully he doesn't pull a game out of the hat on the back of the criticism. As for Blingers hopefully he can carry on from the second half of the Carlton game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 09:46:27 PM »
The media have got stuck into Wells this week. Hopefully he doesn't pull a game out of the hat on the back of the criticism. As for Blingers hopefully he can carry on from the second half of the Carlton game.

Fancy that it always seems to be happen in the lead up to the game against us.  :shh
Perhaps a few of the Magpie lads might have stinkers up in Brissie just so the media can wind them up in preparing for our round 3 clash.

Wells is influential but by no means a superstar. His best and his worst are worlds apart and therefore he lacks that consistency the elite players have.

Most memorable/ heartbreaking Wells moment. The tackle on Rodan late in the 4th quarter of the McCartney match in 2003. Could we see 2nd 3rd or 4th efforts from him on Sunday that turn the game after his media wind up? Hope not.

Despite all the Wells shortcomings Tambo still is a fair way behind him although Tambo has been playing at the highest level for only 2 years less than Wells. Hopefully Tambo's 2nd half from last Thursday is the flame that ignites his AFL career and he never looks back by silencing those critics and supporters such as myself.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 09:58:13 PM »

you betcha.

bushranger

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 10:14:40 PM »
I hope you are right as I don't hold him in a high light at all. I have only though of him as a VFL player at best. But I'm willing to eat my words if I am wrong, and here I hope I am. But a strange feeling I have got is that I'm not. But he will pull a few really good game here and there but then it will be back to normal. And his normal is great for VFL not AFL.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 10:24:35 PM »
Too early for mine
Don't like all this talk about Wells this week tho ...

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 10:52:29 PM »
Damn that mark of Bling's against the Blues was brave.
I think Ritchie's going to burn this year.

He's on a upward spiral.

As for Wells? Very talented. Makes you wonder what's going on in his head sometimes.. :rollin

I think Ritchie should be thrown the challenge this week and give Wells a touch up. :pray

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 11:14:34 PM »
Daniel Wells is another greatly over rated footballer.

A few days ago I said that Newman was over rated as well, but if I had to make a choice between Newman AND Wells I would take Newman, hell i'd re recruit Krakour before I'd go anywhere near Wells.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

richmondrules

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 08:26:57 AM »
Wells has been given all the time in the world with a lot of people using his potential as a measure of his worth and excusing his lack of consistency. Something that has never been afforded to Bling who is much younger and developing each year.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 02:48:40 PM »
Wells has been given all the time in the world with a lot of people using his potential as a measure of his worth and excusing his lack of consistency. Something that has never been afforded to Bling who is much younger and developing each year.

Wells was just lucky Buddy wasn't in his draft(which was a weak one).

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 04:55:47 PM »

Wells was just lucky Buddy wasn't in his draft(which was a weak one).
And that just about sums up the whole Tambling/Franklin thing.  Spot on MM.  :thumbsup