Author Topic: Richmond vs Fremantle @ Subiaco Oval - Round 10, 2015  (Read 19658 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Fremantle @ Subiaco Oval - Round 10, 2015
« Reply #270 on: June 07, 2015, 12:34:16 PM »
claw doesn't post when we win
That is most certainly not true.Win lose or draw ive posted my thoughts.In fact i have gone out of my way to post when we win in fear of being accused of doing exactly  the above.

I decided about 5 6 weeks ago ? to stop  posting on here on a regular basis. Too many hassles for one.  Secondly i had little more to say i had made what points i wanted to make.Icould see no point in all the nit picking.
This is the first post ive done in that time and it will probably be awhile before i post again.

Fremantle game. Arrived with 10 minutes to go in the first so missed most of the first quarter unfortunately.Have seen replay.
Will say i was very impressed with their effort and i congratulate them on a top effort.
Imo it is the defensive side of the game that has improved. we seem to have found a decent defensive system and are playing to it pretty well.Individually most are running hard both ways tackling and just working harder for each other and putting heads over the ball.

Yep like still maintaining Rance and Edwards are average. At least most posters can admit they are wrong at times. Strange lot in here..

I think i conceded at least 18months ago that Rance had become a very good player. What i have done is stand by my comments on him along the way. How quickly you forget the falling over, the horrid 1v1 efforts, the constant miss timed fists and the getting caught out of position and the poor kicks.I refuse to retract any of those comments he was poor in lots of areas.He deserved all the criticism he got.
 These things still happen to a much lesser degree.  Parts of his game are elite, other  parts are still pretty average IMO.
I still maintain we need to find 2 quality kpds and have Alex play the third tall defender role if we are to become a premiership side.Thats not saying Rance cant play kp hes done it very well in recent times.

Edwards i may have to eat a little humble pie we will see. This yr he has been in the main very good. The  only poor game i can think of was against port.
My trouble with Edwards is, iv'e seen him 3 or 4 times thru his career string together good games, only to slip back to regular  mediocrity.
While im prepared to say that this yr hes been great!!!!  I will reserve judgment until he can finally string good seasons together. I will be honest im waiting for the bubble to burst with him, as it has done in the past.

On the team and list over all. 4 in a row and playing some good footy. That said i think we need to improve on several players if we are to challenge. I have never been a believer that winning  actually solves  problems.  Usually it just papers over what really needs to be done.
We can always be better and imo we need to be much better still in several areas. I won't go into players its been done to death. I will say though i was very disappointed with both Vickery and Griffiths last night.. Both started very well and both invariably faded to obscurity almost. Fremantle had just one kpd for three quarters and it was disappointing one of these two could not get off the chain and play a blinder.

Watched several players closely and was not impressed. some things dont change despite the winning.

Any way good luck to all, happy posting and i will say hi when next i pop in here.
All reasonable comments except I disagree with the assessment of Vickery and Griffiths. They won the game for us in the first quarter with four goals between them. After the first quarter and a half the ball hardly entered our forward fifty with any speed to give them any opportunity to be one out. It actually hardly entered our forward fifty at all. I think we had a total of 36 entries total for the match, the lowest of any winning team this year. So they both hardly had a chance to dominate in our forward line. The team did well to stop Freo from scoring despite their domination of the ruck and clearances.
Agree with most your other comments.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #271 on: June 07, 2015, 12:38:10 PM »
Good to see the craw still popping in occasionally
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: June 07, 2015, 01:34:53 PM »
claw doesn't post when we win
That is most certainly not true.Win lose or draw ive posted my thoughts.In fact i have gone out of my way to post when we win in fear of being accused of doing exactly  the above.

I decided about 5 6 weeks ago ? to stop  posting on here on a regular basis. Too many hassles for one.  Secondly i had little more to say i had made what points i wanted to make.Icould see no point in all the nit picking.
This is the first post ive done in that time and it will probably be awhile before i post again.

Fremantle game. Arrived with 10 minutes to go in the first so missed most of the first quarter unfortunately.Have seen replay.
Will say i was very impressed with their effort and i congratulate them on a top effort.
Imo it is the defensive side of the game that has improved. we seem to have found a decent defensive system and are playing to it pretty well.Individually most are running hard both ways tackling and just working harder for each other and putting heads over the ball.

Yep like still maintaining Rance and Edwards are average. At least most posters can admit they are wrong at times. Strange lot in here..

I think i conceded at least 18months ago that Rance had become a very good player. What i have done is stand by my comments on him along the way. How quickly you forget the falling over, the horrid 1v1 efforts, the constant miss timed fists and the getting caught out of position and the poor kicks.I refuse to retract any of those comments he was poor in lots of areas.He deserved all the criticism he got.
 These things still happen to a much lesser degree.  Parts of his game are elite, other  parts are still pretty average IMO.
I still maintain we need to find 2 quality kpds and have Alex play the third tall defender role if we are to become a premiership side.Thats not saying Rance cant play kp hes done it very well in recent times.

Edwards i may have to eat a little humble pie we will see. This yr he has been in the main very good. The  only poor game i can think of was against port.
My trouble with Edwards is, iv'e seen him 3 or 4 times thru his career string together good games, only to slip back to regular  mediocrity.
While im prepared to say that this yr hes been great!!!!  I will reserve judgment until he can finally string good seasons together. I will be honest im waiting for the bubble to burst with him, as it has done in the past.

On the team and list over all. 4 in a row and playing some good footy. That said i think we need to improve on several players if we are to challenge. I have never been a believer that winning  actually solves  problems.  Usually it just papers over what really needs to be done.
We can always be better and imo we need to be much better still in several areas. I won't go into players its been done to death. I will say though i was very disappointed with both Vickery and Griffiths last night.. Both started very well and both invariably faded to obscurity almost. Fremantle had just one kpd for three quarters and it was disappointing one of these two could not get off the chain and play a blinder.

Watched several players closely and was not impressed. some things dont change despite the winning.

Any way good luck to all, happy posting and i will say hi when next i pop in here.
All reasonable comments except I disagree with the assessment of Vickery and Griffiths. They won the game for us in the first quarter with four goals between them. After the first quarter and a half the ball hardly entered our forward fifty with any speed to give them any opportunity to be one out. It actually hardly entered our forward fifty at all. I think we had a total of 36 entries total for the match, the lowest of any winning team this year. So they both hardly had a chance to dominate in our forward line. The team did well to stop Freo from scoring despite their domination of the ruck and clearances.
Agree with most your other comments.
Rance is the best defender in the game at the minute- pretty simple. Spin it anyway you like, you were wrong about Rance and you are still to stupid to admit it. You say he has improved which blind Freddy can see but you still say he does heaps wrong, but if you compare him to other KPD he is elite.  No one on here said he was a star from day one but some including me could see he had something special in him that told us he was going to be a player. His attack on the ball, his ability to compete in the air and on the ground and his uncanny ability to read the play a second before most others could. Something that you missed and that's fine but to sit back now and still claim that same poo as you were back then shows that you are to pigheaded to admit you may have missed this one...Saying we could use other defenders is just a deflection, of course we could and every other side could, but if we had better on ballers too we could play Cotch and Dusty forward permanently but the reality is sides only have a certain amount of stars. You live in fairy land.

As for Edwards, he has had a very good year and very good games for the last 4 years. Good players have bad games and bad periods through their careers but they are considered by most people that know anything about the game as good players. Especially Edwards type of player, they flash in and out of games but also in and out of seasons but Edwards is becoming better in staying involved in games longer and in seasons longer.
Both players would get a game in every side in the AFL without doubt and both would be in the AA squad of 40 if the squad was picked today.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #273 on: June 07, 2015, 07:01:11 PM »
Saying we could use other defenders is just a deflection, of course we could and every other side could, but if we had better on ballers too we could play Cotch and Dusty forward permanently but the reality is sides only have a certain amount of stars. You live in fairy land.

Yeah that ones a bit of a cop out. What team wouldn't like to use their best defender as the 3rd tall? Geelong do it with Harry Taylor and that's about it. Maybe Hawks as well but Gibson, Lake and Frawly are all good enough to be a teams number 1 defender.
Just because Rance would be better suited to the 3rd tall role doesn't take away from his ability to be number 1

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #274 on: June 07, 2015, 08:31:38 PM »
Was that craw?  I thought someone had scanned the Age Sunday edition or something
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #275 on: June 07, 2015, 09:13:43 PM »
Well we just cost some punter $40,000 on Friday night  :wallywink.

TABtouch

Woah, talk about confidence! One keen punter has thrown $40,000 on Freo to beat Richmond, hoping to pick up a cool $48,800!

Can Fremantle Dockers continue their hot streak? Or will Richmond FC cause a massive upset, leaving a sour taste in the mouth of this punter!?

https://www.facebook.com/630113910340456/photos/a.662860070399173.1073741828.630113910340456/1022024584482718/?type=1

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #276 on: June 08, 2015, 07:27:26 AM »
mug

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: June 08, 2015, 07:42:32 AM »
Very Good win.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: June 08, 2015, 12:00:00 PM »
$40k to beat RFC?

What a joke. I always thought we were a chance somewhat. Match up well and seem to enjoy traveling over there atm...

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #279 on: June 08, 2015, 07:25:16 PM »
what would of he taken home if he put the money on us haha

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: June 08, 2015, 09:53:13 PM »
Dude should of taken them at $2 at least to make it worth his money (if he won :lol)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #281 on: June 09, 2015, 02:11:35 PM »
Coaches' votes (Hardwick & Lyon)

10 – Dustin Martin (Rich)
5 – Shane Edwards (Rich)
4 – Trent Cotchin (Rich)
4 – Brandon Ellis (Rich)
4 – Aaron Sandilands (Frem)
2 – Nat Fyfe (Frem)
1 – Bachar Houli (Rich)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-09/aflca-votes-round-10

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: June 09, 2015, 10:23:19 PM »
Well we just cost some punter $40,000 on Friday night  :wallywink.

TABtouch

Woah, talk about confidence! One keen punter has thrown $40,000 on Freo to beat Richmond, hoping to pick up a cool $48,800!

Can Fremantle Dockers continue their hot streak? Or will Richmond FC cause a massive upset, leaving a sour taste in the mouth of this punter!?

https://www.facebook.com/630113910340456/photos/a.662860070399173.1073741828.630113910340456/1022024584482718/?type=1
Of course had he put $2k on the Tigers to win then he'd have made $8k either way
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline aeleg

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #283 on: June 09, 2015, 11:54:12 PM »
Hi guys, first post.

After the final siren, Channel Seven reporter Matthew Richardson interviewed Riewoldt and Martin. I'm interested in seeing this footage again. If anybody can provide it, it will be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #284 on: June 10, 2015, 12:18:12 AM »
Sorry.
Nobody here can provide that.
Caracella and Balmey.