Author Topic: Other ways for FTF to raise money  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Other ways for FTF to raise money
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 11:34:16 AM »
I agree with 1965.  As peeed off as we are, this is where the soft knobs fold and collapse in to self pity and turn on their own and provide all that entertainment for our opposition.  The mentally strong will ride this crap out and come out the other end and be able to hold their head up without shame for not capitulating to petulant tantrums and screaming for everyone being sacked / delisted and so forth.  This goes for the players too, they have to show some fortitude after a shellacking like that .  The club is REBUILDING from the bottom up.  We really were and still kind of are at the BOTTOM.  We got reamed by clubs like Melbourne and Carlton bottoming out while we attempted to win.  It is a fact of the modern game.  We had no trade currency and we cost ourselves priority picks.  It is hurting us still as we can see.  We have recruited heavily the last 2 years and this is going to happen again at the end of this year, I don't see us having a settled team for a year or two in reality, and whats worse is we are recruiting heavily in the most compromised drafts possible.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 11:37:07 AM »

Maybe in this our darkest hour it is time for us to step up and support the club like never before.

:thumbsup

To me that is akin to the woman with 2 black eyes who keeps going back to the abusive husband- "Oh he doesn't mean it, he really does love me"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 01:11:44 PM »
I agree with 1965.  As peeed off as we are, this is where the soft knobs fold and collapse in to self pity and turn on their own and provide all that entertainment for our opposition.  The mentally strong will ride this crap out and come out the other end and be able to hold their head up without shame for not capitulating to petulant tantrums and screaming for everyone being sacked / delisted and so forth.  This goes for the players too, they have to show some fortitude after a shellacking like that .  The club is REBUILDING from the bottom up.  We really were and still kind of are at the BOTTOM.  We got reamed by clubs like Melbourne and Carlton bottoming out while we attempted to win.  It is a fact of the modern game.  We had no trade currency and we cost ourselves priority picks.  It is hurting us still as we can see.  We have recruited heavily the last 2 years and this is going to happen again at the end of this year, I don't see us having a settled team for a year or two in reality, and whats worse is we are recruiting heavily in the most compromised drafts possible.

The true supporters aren't going anywhere, when the players don't have a dip on an important day - they deserve a bucket.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

tony_montana

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »

Maybe in this our darkest hour it is time for us to step up and support the club like never before.

spare us!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 01:50:07 PM »
There is no doubt they deserve a bollocking for the crap they served up but the new RFC needs to stand fast, stick to its guns as do its supporters and not start tearing down the stands because we have had a setback.  We knew it was going to happen,  rebuilding the club from the muddy ground up, we don't have the luxury of starting with a clean slate and a swathe of picks and concessions like GWS or Gold Coast, we have some serious history that is both burden and boon, it was never gonna be a smooth ride, this was one of the big bumps.  I don't want get on a bandwagon of poo canning some of these kids playing for us, people were saying King and Nahas were finished, they have BOTH played terrific football for us this year.  Even I thought they were both finished.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 03:24:11 PM »
There is no doubt they deserve a bollocking for the crap they served up but the new RFC needs to stand fast, stick to its guns as do its supporters and not start tearing down the stands because we have had a setback.  We knew it was going to happen,  rebuilding the club from the muddy ground up, we don't have the luxury of starting with a clean slate and a swathe of picks and concessions like GWS or Gold Coast, we have some serious history that is both burden and boon, it was never gonna be a smooth ride, this was one of the big bumps.  I don't want get on a bandwagon of poo canning some of these kids playing for us, people were saying King and Nahas were finished, they have BOTH played terrific football for us this year.  Even I thought they were both finished.

Spoken like a Wise old Owl :thumbsup :thumbsup

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 04:40:18 PM »
I don't think anyone is going anywhere yet, Owl! Your points are valid! In my time i have seen the club go through two major money raising ventures whilst begging for new members! I have been a member for many years and will continue to do so as i am proud to be a member! I have been a member and a supporter for a very long time, others can claim to be a supporter for longer than i have. I maintain my membership even though i rarely see more than 5 games a year, i do it to donate money! In my time as a supporter and member we probably have a 30 percent win ratio and only five finals appearances and two premierships of which one was before i reached an age to comprehend football! Many others have suffered worse!
I don't think it is too much to ask for a competitive effort! If you continually have your hand out for money, you need to give a little back and unfortunately this has not happened for a very long time!

Ox

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 04:44:30 PM »

To me that is akin to the woman with 2 black eyes who keeps going back to the abusive husband- "Oh he doesn't mean it, he really does love me"

lol
"It's not his fault....i deserve it!"

Ox

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 04:45:41 PM »
what do u say to a woman with 2 black eyes?

-Nothing,some bastard has already tole her twice!

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 04:59:10 PM »
I go to RFC games week in and week out, don't travel interstate.
Came home tonight my wife was in the living room feeding my seven month old daughter. She had watched the news and knew the result. She gave me a wry smile and my daughter had this huge grin on her face and she was shaking her head squealing happily and moving the rest of her body in her mothers lap all without any words being said by me and my wife. I smiled kissed my wife and daughter and sat on the couch and took my daughter.
I know how fortunate I am to have that in my life and I thank God every day for it.

I see the RFC and what they wanted today to stand for them, 19th man, FTF, all the fans who gave their hard earned to have their names on the jumper, all those big words on Tuesday night at the Cocktail Function which I and many others attended and I wonder whether they feel as fortunate as I do and many others when they put in efforts like that on days that they as a club want us to embrace and help with our time our participation and our money. Do they feel fortunate to have 47K members after 30 years of mediocrity? Do they feel fortunate to have a supporter base willing to go to games who love the club who are passionate about the club?

I know we are rebuilding but lack of effort, desire, committment and application should not be excused under any circumstances. Just as we seemed to be getting some respect back we ruin it by putting in an effort like that. It's an illness within our club that Hardwick has not yet eradicated and until we do we will keep on failing.
Jack Dyer games in 2003 both the Port and the Hawthorn ones.
Centennary game in 2008.
Round 1 2009
Many individual milestone games.
Today FTF 19th man game.

Other clubs win these games and win them well regardless of the opponent. It's not only our list that still requires another few rounds of delistings and using the draft as well but our culture is far from being eradicated of the so called cancers that have eaten away at the club since Tommy Hafey's sacking (departure) in 1976. Yes we won a flag in 1980 and it all fell into place but if those cancers didn't exist we would have had a much better rest of the decade on and off field!

It's time for the club to stop this fans are the most passionate we have the best song and the 19th man stuff. With poor on field efforts its bordering on this mythical Skataboner thing at Naught Melb. Do your rebuild properly make finals win a flag and then we can create an identity we all can be proud of rather than trying too hard to involve fans and let them down with ineptitude and failure.

Club can't ask for nothing from us now. Just hope the team can do the talking and win back the ground lost. That's all they can do. I think the next few weeks will be very quiet until they start spruiking the usual annual end of season RFC sales in mid to late August.

Nice post Tuckerbag  :thumbsup
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.