Author Topic: Round 2 - Tigers -v- Geelong Cats  (Read 6242 times)

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Round 2 - Tigers -v- Geelong Cats
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2009, 04:55:28 PM »
Pretty much wrapped up by the commentators on Fox, Richmond in the end didn't have the class to go with Geelong, if we dont have the class then what have we be doing for the last 5 years? :banghead :banghead :banghead

Ramps

« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2009, 05:03:11 PM »
Real question marks for me on King, Edwards, Schulz and McGuane. Need to find replacements for each of these players IMHO.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2009, 06:09:26 PM »
Real question marks for me on King, Edwards, Schulz and McGuane. Need to find replacements for each of these players IMHO.

Jackson, Bowden, Nahas, Graham did not do lot

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2009, 06:11:04 PM »
I think most of us would of taken a 20 pt loss at the start of the game but we blew a great opportunity to roll the cats.Geelong to me looked a little lazy-just doing enough to win.Perhaps the Nab cup and Grand Final replay left them feeling a little flat.It was in hindsight a good time to play them.Plus the injuries they sustained in the game......we had alot going for us and we let it slip.
I dont want to hear the words "honourable loss" this week from anyone at the RFC
Well done to Polo and Rance...Team didnt miss McMahon one bit.Richo -you are a star.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2009, 06:13:44 PM »

Jackson matched Selwood, maybe even outpointed him, wouldn't call that "not do a lot"

Ramps

« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2009, 06:15:42 PM »

We dont have enough in reserve to cover them all unfortunately. Id be bringing in Thomson and Collins for King and Edwards. Our young KPP still need time at Coburg unfortunately. And of course when Cotchin and Cousins come back they will add class to the side ...

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2009, 06:16:54 PM »
I think most of us would of taken a 20 pt loss at the start of the game but we blew a great opportunity to roll the cats.Geelong to me looked a little lazy-just doing enough to win.Perhaps the Nab cup and Grand Final replay left them feeling a little flat.It was in hindsight a good time to play them.Plus the injuries they sustained in the game......we had alot going for us and we let it slip.
I dont want to hear the words "honourable loss" this week from anyone at the RFC
Well done to Polo and Rance...Team didnt miss McMahon one bit.Richo -you are a star.

Same, no loss is honourable, we need to play like we did in the 3rd quarter, week after week for the rest of the year, then we can start talking about honour

ps thanks for the updates guys, i find it a lot easier to come on here and get scores than to listen to the radio  :thumbsup

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2009, 06:19:40 PM »
A couple of times I saw Geelong defenders brushing off Nahas takles like he wasn't there. :banghead.
Unleash the tornado

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2009, 06:29:46 PM »
Although they have been listed in Geelongs best Selwood & Bartel didnt hurt us that much.G Ablet won them the game in the last.We needed one more classy midfielder and the result could of been different.(Cotchin)
Unleash the tornado

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2009, 06:35:08 PM »
Jackson matched Selwood, maybe even outpointed him, wouldn't call that "not do a lot"

IMO Jackson outpointed Selwood

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2009, 06:47:01 PM »

Were we watching the same game?? I paid close attention to Jackson and thought he did very well. Whilst Graham was not brilliant, I've got no real issues with his game. In actual fact I thought he out rucked Blake on quite a few occasions. Nahas was obviously out of his depth but he did show some signs of promise.

Rance had a cracker debut. Was very happy with his debut. He will only get better....much better!!!

In all honesty apart from running out of petrol in the last, I felt the team as a whole performed very well.

Overall it was a vastly improved performance and if we can show the intensity we displayed in the third quarter over a couple more, we will be very competetive.

Tigermonk

« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2009, 06:57:46 PM »

you know until you mentioned McMahon l had forgot all about him  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2009, 07:04:05 PM »
Ok so I haven't read too many posts since my last but hey what a great fight back and a shame in the end. I thought Hislop was a great inclusion and he did add that hardness at the ball. I thought Polo did well as did Foley in the end but it did take him a half to get into it. Richo was Rich say no more and Jackson went great all day IMO. Sorry but Edwards needs a good stint in the gym and the seconds and Tambling or Cogs needs to come in for him, he was far too easily bumped off that ball and his skill level is that of a middle teer VFL player.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2009, 07:54:06 PM »
A loss is a loss whether by 83 points to a team that finished below us on the ladder last year or a 20 point loss to the Flag Favourites.
We just did not have the class and poise to ice the game in the last quarter unfortunantely when we needed to as well as building on our lead especially after we kicked the first goal of the last quarter. Live and learn I guess and makes the Dogs game on Monday week critical to our season fortunes.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2009, 09:45:30 PM »
if we want to anywhere we have to win these, no more excuses.
i wonder about the mental capacity of the players and this club since our demise.