Author Topic: Jay Schultz you IDIOT  (Read 9489 times)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
Re: Jay Schultz you IDIOT
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2005, 10:51:11 PM »
I think TAC should do a check on all its employees and if anyone has a speeding ticket or has ever been convicted of drink-driving, they should get the sack........

Only our club is dumb enough to sign such deals.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2005, 01:14:43 PM »
wp, they are hypocrites bc , i am sure if a pie players gets caught speeding tomorrow they wont treat them the same!
reg whether th emessage is alcohol or speed the tac represents both!

You'll have to trust me X - when I say that the Pies were put on notice after last year's Cloke speeding incident. As I've said before they got their one and only warning - like we did.

so how can jim beam sponsor th epies as well as the tac?

Jim Beam do not sponsor the Pies they sponsor the Footy Show.

Unless Jim Beam is owned by CUB they are unable to sponsor an AFL team.

There are a number of "protected" sponsors under the AFL that does not allow team to be sponsored by companies in direct competition to these protected sponsors.  A great example is Brisbane copping it last year for taking out a sponsorship with Cadbury Schweppes (which includes Pepsi Cola) as opposed to Coca Cola.

Also, CUB is a sponsor of the Tigers and was while we were sponsored by the TAC

how can lexus spomsor the pies as well as the tac? toyota owns lexus, toyat eads depict fast cars speeding etc to sell, so th epies play a game , one add says wipe of 5, the next add is a toyaota or lexus hugging curves driving fast!

The same way we can be sponsored by Nissan ;D

In any case I bet there's no clause about being sponsored by a alcohol or motor company in the TAC contract but there is one about the agreement becoming null if a player or official commits a driving offence such as D&D or speeding. Forgetting the morality of the issue for the moment, we through Sarge's actions broke a legal binding agreement and have paid the consequences as a Club.

Spot on MT.

As to why we signed the deal in the first place - because we need and chase corporate $$$ to help us survive.

People can blame the TAC, Eddie and whoever else but at the end of the day IMO the RFC stuffed up and breached their contract and we have paid the price

This is a mute point now as the contract's been terminated - it is time to move on.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Sarge apologises
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2005, 05:30:17 PM »
Apology from Jay Schulz
1:39:47 PM Mon 4 April, 2005
richmondfc.com.au

I would like to apologise for my recent speeding and drink-driving offence. I accept I am totally to blame. It was a stupid decision to drive my car after drinking alcohol, and one which I totally regret. I cannot change what's happened, so I need to move on and learn from my mistake.

As you would understand, it has been extremely tough to handle, not just for me, but for my manager, all the Club's officials, players, my family and friends. The support I have had from all these people, has been amazing. I was prepared for whatever decision the Richmond Football Club made, but I am extremely thankful that they believe I still have a future at Tigerland.

I had the opportunity to catch up with a friend from interstate, who I had not seen for a long time, at a mate's house last Wednesday night. The decision to have a few drinks and drive my car home - about 10 minutes away - was totally wrong, and one I clearly now regret. I am lucky I did not injure someone, or myself, but now I have to live with the consequences of my actions, which are even more serious because of my role as an AFL player, and a member of a club supported by the TAC.

To everyone affected by this, please accept my apologies. I accept full responsibility for my actions and the punishment handed to me. I know I have let myself and everyone else down, including the Club's sponsors and supporters. What I need to do is regain the respect of my teammates, and all of you. I would like to move on and improve my footy, so I can repay the faith and support of the Richmond Football Club by being part of its future success.

I would hope that through my indiscretion, the awareness of the importance of not drinking and driving, has hit home to others. Maybe some lives being saved would be a positive to come from this.

I am prepared to assist the TAC in promoting this awareness, if they would accept my apology and could see some value in my involvement.

Again, I am sorry for my actions and would like to thank all those who have encouraged and supported me.

Yours sincerely,

Jay Schulz

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=193883
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 07:02:08 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2005, 06:04:40 PM »
I thought it was mighty decent of Jay to take the time to personally apologise to me.  No hard feelings lad - live and learn.  Just don't do it again.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2005, 02:36:20 AM »
This was my reply to Jay.

I emailed it back to him at the club.

Dear Jay,

Thankyou for your e-mail and your apology regarding your actions of the past week.

I would also like to thank you for giving me due consideration by sending me this e-mail, I didn't expect it and I dare say other supporters wouldn't have either. You are of course completely forgiven for your indiscretion.

What I need and want from you as a supporter from this point forward is:

1. Always follow team rules and policy.
2. Commit to making yourself the best possible footballer you can be for your own sake and the sake of the club.
3. Wear the colours of the Richmond football club with pride, passion and determination.

Jay, the past is the past, the future is in front of you, make of it what you will, go get em Tiger.

Sincerley
Real Name
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2005, 04:09:48 AM »
Good on ya RR and well said   :thumbsup.

Let's hope Sarge can put all this behind him and follow those 3 important points in your email. There'll be heaps of pressure on Jay to repay the Club on-field when he returns from his ankle injury.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd