Author Topic: Richmond to protest over 'lost' seconds  (Read 2290 times)

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond to protest over 'lost' seconds
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 05:50:41 PM »
we lost end of story.

wallace should try and discuss reasons why we lost, but no the spin doctor in every match after the last 3 weeks comes out with crap.

first it was lake
then it was the hawks and their tactics
now its the seconds lost.

id rather hear about how some players are really stepping up and how some are not than hear about this crap.

I think you need to read the article again.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 06:50:47 PM »
We make our own mistakes, but thats no reason to accept the mistakes made by others that are to our detriment, esp from the AFL who are quick to jump up and fine everytime a club makes a mistake...big or small

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 10:37:12 PM »
Daniel, I listened to the Wallace press conference on the way home last night.

It might interest you to know that he didn't bring the subject up. He was asked a question and he answered it. He actaully said "I wasn't going to bring it up" but he was asked a question and he answered it - simple.

I don't think questioning how this can happen again in the space of 8 days is spin doctoring. It is not good enough on the part of the AFL that is a FACT.

As to giving answers as to why we lost - he did that in the press conference I heard on the radio. Is it his fault that the press have brushed that aside.

Seriously what do you think they are going to write about? What's going to sell more papers?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

blx

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 03:32:01 AM »
we lost end of story.

wallace should try and discuss reasons why we lost, but no the spin doctor in every match after the last 3 weeks comes out with crap.

first it was lake
then it was the hawks and their tactics
now its the seconds lost.

id rather hear about how some players are really stepping up and how some are not than hear about this crap.

Posted by: Jackstar
Correct.
We should of won by at least 5 goals.
Posted by: Jackstar
Quote from: Ramps on Today at 05:13:25 pm
this is a nothing story, our club should worry about continuing to develop the playing style of the team and the player list, this other stuff is complete nonsense.
Totally agree.
Would be more concerned about our players staging for free kicks while his oppponent( Milne) just walks in and kicks another goal,

:weights

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 04:03:16 AM »
Too late now but Rohan Connolly and Mike Sheahan have both wrote today saying something needs to be done to stop this from happening again as well as the other AFL stuff-ups.

Time for AFL to act on time.

Stuff ups unacceptable.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 09:50:33 AM »
Daniel, I listened to the Wallace press conference on the way home last night.

It might interest you to know that he didn't bring the subject up. He was asked a question and he answered it. He actaully said "I wasn't going to bring it up" but he was asked a question and he answered it - simple.

I don't think questioning how this can happen again in the space of 8 days is spin doctoring. It is not good enough on the part of the AFL that is a FACT.

As to giving answers as to why we lost - he did that in the press conference I heard on the radio. Is it his fault that the press have brushed that aside.

Seriously what do you think they are going to write about? What's going to sell more papers?

fair comment
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 01:48:38 PM »
While we're whinging about inept officialdom. Watching on telly, I was a lot more upset with the inside 50 to Shulz who took a diving mark but then wasn't paid because it didn't travel the 15 metres - than I was with the time-clock. 

The ball travels the other way and they kick a goal.  Vossy & co thought we were gipped and the replays supported 'em.  I was livid. 

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 02:39:27 PM »
While we're whinging about inept officialdom. Watching on telly, I was a lot more upset with the inside 50 to Shulz who took a diving mark but then wasn't paid because it didn't travel the 15 metres - than I was with the time-clock. 

The ball travels the other way and they kick a goal.  Vossy & co thought we were gipped and the replays supported 'em.  I was livid. 

I was just as livid with the Gehrig dropping the ball not payed that resulted in a goal to Harvey.  Happened right in front of us and if ever there was a classic 'incorrect disposal' for the umpiring guidance dvd that was it.  It was an absolute disgrace that the call was play-on.  Then to rub salt into the wound, Gehrig again infringed in the last quarter by holding McGuane so Milne could dance around him and goal.  I noticed McGuane going 'berko' but didn't know why until I saw the replay.  Three goals from three blatant umpiring mistakes.  These had more cause or impact on us losing than the lost seconds but when you add them all together we really did get royally screwed.