Author Topic: Jeromey Webberley [merged]  (Read 18789 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Jeromey Webberley - 2012 expectations?
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2012, 01:05:32 AM »
He's in my 22.
Tuck and Grigg shouldn't be

Happy birthday webbs  8)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Jeromey Webberley [merged]
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2012, 02:04:28 AM »
8) but McG is back 8)

the claw

« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2012, 10:54:39 AM »
earlier in the yr he was fairly regularly in the bests at coburg. at the time the likes of jackson nahas and edwards were rreally struggling and i felt his form should have been rewarded with a game or two.

he is a good kick but i scratch my head to find what else he brings to the afl table. can anyone name just one outstanding and redeeming attribute in his game, other than being a good kick which lets face it a player of his type and size has to be at afl level.

to me hes a dime a dozen type  that you can find in any state league with  the real killer being his size.
 in saying that his good coburg form should have been rewarded. he should  have been  given the chance to firstly show what hes got this yr and secondly to cement a spot in the team.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2012, 11:30:56 AM »
Tucky was a dime a dozen player last year, in fact if he had played this same game this time last year I believe our season would have been different. IF JW is on the list and his form is good at Coburg then he should get a game. Greg Williams wouldn't get a game based on looks and ability on the form sheet, but gee could he play or what!!
If we see enough to draft these players and they perform well at sub AFL then give them a go. In all reality finishing 8th is a waste of time anyway, and at best that is where we will finish, just one more game and in the end, it will mean nothing apart for the long suffering supporters, it is about time we find out what these players have got and what can they bring to the big stage.
I want to finish in top 4, if JW is in our second best 6 players then he will be instrumental in achieving that goal.
Can he grow into an elite player, does he have the skills, do we need him or not, what can he bring to our senior side?
Personally I have some issues with our club's player selection process in that Jackson gets a game week in and week out except for suspension and in reality he is pretty handy for the opposition.
I think there are favourites and players who miss out for one reason or another and others who should be getting a game but miss out due to someone's ego.
End of the day then it is up to our coaches

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2012, 11:42:03 AM »
earlier in the yr he was fairly regularly in the bests at coburg. at the time the likes of jackson nahas and edwards were rreally struggling and i felt his form should have been rewarded with a game or two.

he is a good kick but i scratch my head to find what else he brings to the afl table. can anyone name just one outstanding and redeeming attribute in his game, other than being a good kick which lets face it a player of his type and size has to be at afl level.

to me hes a dime a dozen type  that you can find in any state league with  the real killer being his size.
 in saying that his good coburg form should have been rewarded. he should  have been  given the chance to firstly show what hes got this yr and secondly to cement a spot in the team.
Agree he deserved games early on, from Rounds 1-6 he should have got a few, especially with how Hackson was playing.

I guess the fact he isn't playing now says our list is getting better depth wise, and with all due respect to him, with his skill levels he would be a depth player at best in the better clubs.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2012, 12:07:34 PM »

good points made, he should have been given the opportunity whilst he was red hot.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2012, 01:53:20 PM »

Hes a very good linkman.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »

Spot on

gerkin greg

« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2012, 07:14:22 PM »
Coach sat on his head one day

Was the bottom of a pack but

Gigantor

« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2012, 10:29:34 AM »
when you have no other options.....you have to play him

the claw

« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2012, 12:04:37 PM »
Tucky was a dime a dozen player last year, in fact if he had played this same game this time last year I believe our season would have been different. IF JW is on the list and his form is good at Coburg then he should get a game. Greg Williams wouldn't get a game based on looks and ability on the form sheet, but gee could he play or what!!
If we see enough to draft these players and they perform well at sub AFL then give them a go. In all reality finishing 8th is a waste of time anyway, and at best that is where we will finish, just one more game and in the end, it will mean nothing apart for the long suffering supporters, it is about time we find out what these players have got and what can they bring to the big stage.
I want to finish in top 4, if JW is in our second best 6 players then he will be instrumental in achieving that goal.
Can he grow into an elite player, does he have the skills, do we need him or not, what can he bring to our senior side?
Personally I have some issues with our club's player selection process in that Jackson gets a game week in and week out except for suspension and in reality he is pretty handy for the opposition.
I think there are favourites and players who miss out for one reason or another and others who should be getting a game but miss out due to someone's ego.
End of the day then it is up to our coaches
agree with that apart from the dime a dozen comment on tuck.

on tuck. theres not a lot of players who get so much inside ball as him definately not a dime a dozen player.
 his  redeeming attribute has always been his ability to get inside ball and plenty of it.even under wallace he did this well.

it has been other things that has seen him struggle. things like kicking, decision making, defensive pressure.

the silly thing is the way he plays he shouldnt need to kick to often and when he does only within his limitations.  do this and a lot of the decision making is fixed. defensively hes worked hard on this and its no longer a real issue. he does have the odd lapse now and then. the need to win contested ball imo has seen tuck come into his own.
 i would say in this he has always been VERY GOOD if not elite.
to me in this he has always had a role to play and we have not had others who can do this role.
tuck and foley have always been important cogs in the wheel because of their inside work.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2012, 03:41:07 PM »
Last chance for Webbs today you'd reckon. A battle between him and mini Maric to keep their spot next week.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2012, 04:22:14 PM »
Is webberely in the side today as well?
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time